1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Sitton 6-yr Deal

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by slaughter25, Sep 2, 2011.

1. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
  2. gonzozab

gonzozab Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +90
    Awesome. We needed to keep our best O-lineman. Clay and Finley next.

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Fantastic! A young pro-bowl level OG with a nasty attitude will be a Packer for the foreseeable future.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Clay isnt a FA til 2014, if we did something now it would make Raji want a new deal as well.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Sitton was by far the most important upcoming FA for us.

6. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Great job Ted, got it done before the season. Congrats to Josh, he's been underrated but this contract will let people know how good he is.

7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Excellent news... Now I just want to see Finley locked up.

8. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Sitton is mean & nasty...just like my ex girlfriend. This just makes my day, great job TT & Josh!

9. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    Good job. Now, wouldn't mind seeing Matthews get a little bit more chump. I don't see how it would make Raji want more as well though.

10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Yay! Glad to hear, when I was doing the Lambeau tour he greeted our tour group and my wife was blocking him while he was making his way. But he is a great asset to the team and one of the few positive things about our o-line.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Sitton is mean like my current GF... I think... Idk actually, I will have to ask her and get back to you all on that one.
    If Finley keeps his mouth shut as well then Ted will be more inclined to keep him.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Really glad to have him long-term. So who holds out for a new deal first; Chris Johnson or Josh Sitton? hahaha.

13. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Nice work. Lock up all the important pieces while the price is right. I think what the above poster meant is that b/c Raji was drafted along the same time as Clay he'd feel they should both get contracts at the same time? I mean as important as Clay is, Raji isnt' that far behind.

14. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Next up is 88.

15. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
  16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    #71 was indeed the most important Packer up for free agency. Well deserved deal here. Love those great big fat guys.

I recognize that Finley gets a lot of love from the media and all and I don't deny that I'd love to keep the guy but truthfully, I don't see it happening - it'd be nice if I were wrong ...but ...

See, Finley just seems to be one of those guys. Talks a lot ... likes to use the word "I" a lot, I mean from his rookie year on. Given the amount of national media his injury received last year, I just have a feeling that some team is going to turn it into a bidding war based solely on the hype. His 'breakout' year was supposed to be last year and then he got hurt...so, in a contract year, he'll have his breakout year and will cash in somewhere else. In the many local interviews I've seen, he never impressed me as a "Green Bay" kind of guy...just my opinion and I've never met him personally...I just got the feeling that he had a hankerin' for the big bucks and the big city lights. Seriously, I don't see Finley in my crystal ball.

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Me neither, weeds. I've been saying it since we drafted him. We'll get half a season less out of him than his rookie contract is good for.