Joe Buck

D

Deleted member 6794

Was that because the games were not sold out ?

At that time NFL games were blacked out within a 75 mile radius of the stadium to protect home attendance, no matter if a game was sold out or not. The NFL finally changed that rule in 1973.

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At that time NFL games were blacked out within a 75 mile radius of the stadium to protect home attendance, no matter if a game was sold out or not. The NFL finally changed that rule in 1973.

Thanks.....Interesting fact..........I would think Lambeau has been sold out every game since the early 60's.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks.....Interesting fact..........I would think Lambeau has been sold out every game since the early 60's.

The Packers have sold out every home game at Lambeau since November 1959. As Poppa correctly pointed out it took corporate sponsors to buy remaining tickets on several occasions to keep that streak alive during that span as recently as for the 2013 wild card playoff game vs. the Niners though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And sometimes Packer fans are selling a lot of tickets to visiting team fans. I think I heard something like 10,000 Giants fans at the 2016 playoff game ?

H

HardRightEdge

Fox's coverage of the U.S. Open is damn near unwatchable.
Yeah, that was pretty bad. But as bad as it was, it was nowhere near as bad as the NBA finals. I have watched very little NBA basketball since Jordan retired and was shocked at unceasing commentary on the minutia of the officiating.

Reaction score
I just get tired of the commentators who seem to roll on the side of the team who scored last. Its so common

H

HardRightEdge

none of these guys bother me. For those that are bothered by Buck and others, please post a video of their biased comments
I don't use anti-Packer bias as the measure of an announcer or commentator. I measure it by knowledge and insight. Buck doesn't display much football insight. He's a baseball guy.

Collinsworth is popular among some fans because he's prone to gush over the Packers, particularly Rodgers. I don't care for him because (1) he doesn't know when to shut up and (2) his initial take on the play is so often wrong as to be humorous and then downright aggravating.

Now, give Collinsworth a replay tape to dissect while everybody's huddling up and he makes interesting spotlight commentaries. But you've got to suffer through 3 1/2 hours of random prattling to get a 1/2 dozen good play breakdowns. It's just not worth it.

Members online

Latest posts