Joe Buck, biased?

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone besides me notice Joe Buck really favoring the Steelers the whole way through? At halftime, we were up 21-10, yet all he was talking about was the Steelers. He got progressively more excited as the Steelers came back, then shut up on Jennings' last TD, yet screamed "TOUCHDOWN PITTSBURGH!" when the Steelers scored their last TD. Maybe he had money on the game or something, I don't know, but there was definitely some bias in my mind.

It doesn't matter, of course - Super Bowl XLV Champions!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and Aikman usually have good things to say about the Packers. Aikman loves McCarthy and Buck loves Rodgers.

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buck always sounds like the team that wins is his least favorite of all time. "And the Packers.... Have won the Super Bowl..."

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Aww, come on, be nice. Joe Buck had to ride his daddy's coattails to get this gig - you know how difficult that is? Harder than playing football, that's for sure. He earned his right to be there commenting and stuff. How dare you mock Joe Buck. Joe Buck will crush you little people. He. Will. Crush. You.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously??

Joe Buck LOVES the Packers and everyone knows it..

Both of them did a GREAT job yesterday calling the game. Can't say that often, but it was the case yesterday.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Aikman alot, he is one of my favorite players thats in the booth. Lynch is good too imo.

Buck biased? I dont know, he works way to many games in multiple sports to really care strongly who wins or loses in my opinion.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't mind Buck or Aikman. Aikman seems to really like the Pack and A-Rod. Said he'd take Rodgers over any other NFL QB. I think Buck was just trying to make the game more exciting as the Steelers clawed their way back after wood went down. I really thought with wood out and bush in, we were finished. Thank God I was wrong.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All everyone wanted to talk about was the steelers come back and how good the steelers were. They wouldnt talk about the steelers doing it against the packers 5th and 6sting corner backs!! I didnt even see shields come back until the last drive of the 3 qtr. Its tough when bush is your #2 corner and lee is your #3. Shields coming back is why we won!!!!

GoltharTheTerrible

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Buck and the rest of Fox were just happy that the Steelers were somewhat back in the game at that point. If our secondary doesn't get so banged up and our receivers catch a few of those dropped balls, who knows what the score would have been by halftime.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Steelers getting a late TD to make it interesting is more exciting than the Jennings TD to stretch the lead. Of course he's going to yell for that one.

I thought both Buck and Aikman were on their A-games last night. Fox's pregame show was ridiculously awful, but their in-game coverage was damn near perfect.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's their job to keep the game interesting, and to keep people watching, so when a team gets a big lead, they look for other angles. They did the same thing when we were up big against Atlanta. I think they are a pretty good team, they give good commentary, and no Brett Favre comments, Madden and Summerall would have mentioned Favre about 100 times.

bmoorefree

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone besides me notice Joe Buck really favoring the Steelers the whole way through? At halftime, we were up 21-10, yet all he was talking about was the Steelers. He got progressively more excited as the Steelers came back, then shut up on Jennings' last TD, yet screamed "TOUCHDOWN PITTSBURGH!" when the Steelers scored their last TD. Maybe he had money on the game or something, I don't know, but there was definitely some bias in my mind.

It doesn't matter, of course - Super Bowl XLV Champions!
:amen:
I'm all over that, CPF! My family and I hated how Buck and Aikman called the game last night. The Steelers were behind through the whole game and yet, you'd have thought the Packers weren't even there. We shouted, "Shut up!" at those 2 men all night. Frankly, the way the game was called sort of diminished the enjoyment we had watching our great team in the Super Bowl. I can't remember anything good being said about the Packers all night, not 'til it was over.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously??

Joe Buck LOVES the Packers and everyone knows it..

Both of them did a GREAT job yesterday calling the game. Can't say that often, but it was the case yesterday.

Yeah, and Aikman has been calling MM the coach of the year since the Giants' game.

We were screaming so much last night I didn't hear much of the play-by-play.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Joe Buck and Troy Aikman! They broadcasted every single game of the 6 game stretch and the Packers won every game. I think the Packers were something like 7-1 with them this year, the only loss the game in Washington.

LebronJames

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if he was biased but he is one of the most boring announcers in the game. they should have had mike tirico commentating the game that guy is an expert analyst and is always cracking jokes

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think they did a very good job. They kept say how driver and shields were back in the game. Driver was clearly seen on the sidelines with a huge boot on and never saw the field in the second half and we didnt even get ONE comment that he wasnt in the game. I also dont even think shields saw the field until the last drive of the 3rd qtr. On ono of the steelers holding calls they were calling it ******** yeah thats because they were looking at the wrong guy!!!!!!!!! I think it was cullen jenkins that was stright tackeled on the play and they act like they didnt even see it????