Joe Barry OUT AS DC

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As stated before I could care less if Barry was let go/retained

Kind of disappointed I won’t see all the heads explode if he was kept LOL

Hopefully we make progress in all team areas - because this year we were not good enough and WE have to get better whether thats with the same people or upgrades

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This shoudlve happened 3 years ago. Everyone start chanting T REX. Holland Leonhard or Martindale all in the mix.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, some scouts and GMs are good at their jobs and therefore more of the top picks succeed than the lower picks, but the draft position is not what determines a player's success in the NFL.
Yet, if you look at the metrics, you are wrong. Again, I agree, just because a Tom Brady is drafted in the 6th round, doesn't mean he can't or won't be successful, it just means that statistically speaking, he has less of a chance than someone selected before him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T
I think a DC-candidate-search thread would be more interesting now that Barry has finally been whacked. The article in the JS today announcing the move listed a bunch of candidates, some former DCs, others are up and comers.

FWIW I'd like to see a younger guy with a solid pedigree as an assistant, someone who has been promoted and who has coached at multiple positions. I don't want a lifetime LB coach being considered. Age wise, I guess from early 30s to mid 40s. Not an exact science.

(And no, Adrian Griffin is not a good candidate.)

And age isn't a bad thing if the person again has a pedigree of creativity and familiarity with the entire defense - oh and some success please. But please, no more guys like JB with a track record of poor performance.
That pretty much sums up Jimmy Leonhard if you consider colleges.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With Harbs going to The Chargers I wonder if we might seek out Minter. The Michigan defense was solid.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matt Schneidman and Tom Silverstein, Packers beat reporters, both state they confirmed Pelissero's original reporting.

ALSO BREAKING: Adam Schefter reports Barry MAY BE RETAINED in a different capacity.
Lb coach

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah Joe Barry - what a loser. Only made it as far as NFL Defensive co-ordinator. Maybe he’ll step up his game and join an on-line forum LOL
Oh I was just having fun joking with Poppa and you obviously didn’t get my stupid inside joke. So relax

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok now that the Barry flesh has been satisfied, like this or not, a HC or a GM should not be safe from a chopping block, or a fire thread name for them.
Lol, yeah. That's certainly job 1 to accomplish. We must make sure that the knee jerk crazies are mollified.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet, if you look at the metrics, you are wrong. Again, I agree, just because a Tom Brady is drafted in the 6th round, doesn't mean he can't or won't be successful, it just means that statistically speaking, he has less of a chance than someone selected before him.

Thanks for the very interesting and informative link Pokerbrat. UDFA's had more hits on the All-Pro teams than 3rd round picks was truly an eye opener for me. Development and intangibles are hugely important and it's no wonder that Ted Thompson was never going to talk about UDFA's no matter how many times Tom Silverstein asked about them!

I miss Ted's post draft press conferences. I found him fascinating to watch and listen to.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks for repeatedly telling me that I'm wrong. I'll just leave it as I think that you have no clue what I am actually trying to communicate to you. Maybe in a bar with beer in our hands, we would figure this out.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Gizzi, the strength and conditioning coach followed Barry out the door. I'm glad the FO finally decided to not reward repeated failure. Maybe Gute and MM are turning over a new leaf. They even brought in a new kicker. It's a little late, but I like the attitude of trying to fix problems rather than knee jerk homerism and wishful thinking.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks for repeatedly telling me that I'm wrong. I'll just leave it as I think that you have no clue what I am actually trying to communicate to you. Maybe in a bar with beer in our hands, we would figure this out.
Cheers!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bisaccia leaves, I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes Assistant Head Coach.

Why not make him Assistant Head Coach for the Packers? I honestly would like him to stay with the Packers for as long as he likes. Outside of Carlson and the long snapper, special teams has been a strength for a few seasons now.

Reaction score
Why not make him Assistant Head Coach for the Packers? I honestly would like him to stay with the Packers for as long as he likes. Outside of Carlson and the long snapper, special teams has been a strength for a few seasons now.
One thing I like about Rich is he’s brought in some really good talent from other teams. He nailed it with the Nixon acquisition.

If we can do at DC like we did at STC? I’d prefer an assistant Coach from the NFL that can similarly steal a player or two that are loyal to him (FA) and would play on a reasonable contract and that he already knows inside and out. I prefer at minimum 1 FA star that takes a D weakness into a strength. Then we should hit D hard with 3-4 Top 100 selections that fit our new system and retain only our best depth pieces.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts