Jerry Gray new DBs coach.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been in Minny since 2014. Cant argue with his success. Most of their DBs seemed to do well. This is a big plus for this defense I think.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has done a great job with safeties in MN. I really like the hire.

He's been a DC twice. Possible replacement for Pettine in the future? We shall see.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like a good hire, obviously those DB's struggled this year in Minni, but his overall body of work looks good. I like what I hear in that "he's not afraid to call people out". Maybe he can turn Jackson into a player.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like a good hire, obviously those DB's struggled this year in Minni, but his overall body of work looks good. I like what I hear in that "he's not afraid to call people out". Maybe he can turn Jackson into a player.

The CB's had some issues, but the safeties were excellent.

H

HardRightEdge

It's not like the Jason Simmons got fired. He took a lateral move to Carolina.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about Gray, but I didn't shed a tear when Simmons left for Carolina. I was actually a bit shocked that during the 2017 cleaning out of a lot of coaches and the firing of DB coach Joe Whitt Jr., that Simmons was not only retained, but promoted.

I think the Packers have some decent talent in the secondary, lets hope that Gray can do more with it than Whitt or Simmons did.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it the decline of the player or coaching?

Per Ted Glover, of "The Daily Norseman"

‘What’s wrong with Rhodes’ has been the big question surrounding the Vikings defense for most of the last two seasons. Maybe it’s a combination of nagging injuries that seem to pile up every week, maybe it’s age, maybe it’s both. What the Vikings have started doing to limit his exposure the last couple games is rotating CB’s in and out, going with a combination of Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Mike Hughes, and Holton Hill, with Mackensie Alexander staying primarily in the nickel role. Hill’s played the fewest snaps as he sat through an eight game suspension to start the year, but to be honest, none of the four have played anywhere near where they have in the past. To be frank, the secondary has been the Achilles Heel of the defense, and although their play has been a bit better recently, it’s still sub-par.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...kers-vikings-explaining-xavier-rhodes-decline

Make of that what you will.