Jayne Quitler jersey.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly that is correct.

Bears fans are the first to throw someone under the bridge, even though they defended Grossman for quite a long time.

I think they made a big mistake getting rid of Orton. Imagine the weapons they could of had if they didnt go get Cutler.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think they made a big mistake getting rid of Orton. Imagine the weapons they could of had if they didnt go get Cutler.

They should have took better care into Orton, and tried to build around him. Overall, i don't think he is that good either.

The Bears have prided themselves on defense for so long, you never hear of them drafting a Quarterback and molding him into the game. That's why they always end up with guys like Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler, Cade McNown, Steve Walsh. It's like a tradition to give up making a quarterback and go for the next Walter Payton or a run heavy offense. Even the 1985 Bears, you have to admit, Jim McMahon was not that good. Give all the credit to Walter Payton for running their offense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have took better care into Orton, and tried to build around him. Overall, i don't think he is that good either.

The Bears have prided themselves on defense for so long, you never hear of them drafting a Quarterback and molding him into the game. That's why they always end up with guys like Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler, Cade McNown, Steve Walsh. It's like a tradition to give up making a quarterback and go for the next Walter Payton or a run heavy offense. Even the 1985 Bears, you have to admit, Jim McMahon was not that good. Give all the credit to Walter Payton for running their offense.

yeah how the F*ck did Jim McMahon make the pro bowl in 85? Terrible stats by any standard imo. Even more of a mystery is how he stayed in the league for so long.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bears need to invest in a good QB coach more than a QB I think. And maybe not invest in a head coach that seemingly doesn't care and a female QB.

Orton could of done something, they made it to the SB with Grossman and imagine if they had a competent QB, scratch that, let the Bears become the Lions.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're used to crappy QBs ever since Luckman retired. Isn't it great?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Chicago's problems go a lot deeper than QB. I think their biggest problem is Angelo's drafting (in)ability and of course I couldn't be happier about it. Dan Hampton commented on the radio within the last month or so that they really don't have a "sophomore/junior" class - 24-28 year olds ready to be difference makers. He mentioned Chris Williams - drafted to be the LT of the future and look where he's playing (OG if you don't remember).

IMO they have to shore up the OL, add a WR or two, a DT, at least one cover CB (Rodgers successfully picked on DB Jennings repeatedly in the NFCC game), and at some point get replacements for Urlacher and Briggs ready. They can only do so much in free agency so if Angelo continues to draft as he has… :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I disagree with the put downs and criticism of Cutler, the stars around the bear's head is a funny touch.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Sadly that is correct.

Bears fans are the first to throw someone under the bridge, even though they defended Grossman for quite a long time.

Remember McNown....The Bears quarterback of the future?

Future didn't last very long.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Even though I disagree with the put downs and criticism of Cutler, the stars around the bear's head is a funny touch.

He's horrible at PR and his body language on the bench of the NFCC game screamed, 'I don't care!' But I read that since he's arrived in Chicago two years ago, he's been sacked and/or hit about 150 times - by world class athletes who would like to hurt him. I agree with a lot of knocks posted about him but I don't think you can say he isn't tough.

I also got a laugh by a Chicago columnist who wrote after the Super Bowl that the Packers even do injuries better - Woodson's arm was in a sling and Driver had a boot on. No question they were injured!

Members online

Latest posts