Jaws rates Rodgers as best QB in league

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate espn but respect the work jaws does (his best work is hidden on an early Sunday morning show but that's besides the point). He has Arod 1, brees 2 and Brady 3. Which is correct.

For those keeping track...
Jaws has Rodgers #1
Prisco has Rodgers #1
PFF has Rodgers #1
Players have Rodgers #1
MVP voting has Rodgers #1

Somewhere a giants fan is screaming in anger. Somewhere a pats fan and a saints fan are saying its a conspiracy against their team. And somewhere a Viking fan is looking at an empty trophy case.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate espn but respect the work jaws does (his best work is hidden on an early Sunday morning show but that's besides the point).

I hate that they NFL Matchup to 7 in the morning it use to be at like 8 or 9 and I loved watching it on Sundays. I must say I also do enjoy some of Merril Hoge's work from Matchup and I have very much enjoyed this Jaworski segment ESPN is running right now.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Although I disagree with some of his ratings I really liked the segments that Ron Jaworski put together. He did some great analysis and got his points out there very well.

Sometimes Ron Jaworski sounds a little punchy and that may be due to all the hits from LT but on his QB rankings he came off as quite articulate.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate that they NFL Matchup to 7 in the morning it use to be at like 8 or 9 and I loved watching it on Sundays. I must say I also do enjoy some of Merril Hoge's work from Matchup and I have very much enjoyed this Jaworski segment ESPN is running right now.

Best thing they have on tv for football geeks and they put it on at an ungodly hour when I am still dry heaving from the night before.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They probably put it up early to accomodate some of the folks on the west coast. Ondemand has taken a lot of the ritual out of getting up at certain times and meeting friends to catch the pre game stuff.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Monday night games. My druthers are 1 pm EST on Sunday. Even the 4 :15(now 4:25 ) games are tough for me. Makes for a long afternoon of drinking. :sick:

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate espn but respect the work jaws does (his best work is hidden on an early Sunday morning show but that's besides the point). He has Arod 1, brees 2 and Brady 3. Which is correct.

For those keeping track...
Jaws has Rodgers #1
Prisco has Rodgers #1
PFF has Rodgers #1
Players have Rodgers #1
MVP voting has Rodgers #1

Somewhere a giants fan is screaming in anger. Somewhere a pats fan and a saints fan are saying its a conspiracy against their team. And somewhere a Viking fan is looking at an empty trophy case.

This NY Giants fan is too busy enjoying our SuperBowl victory and looking forward to defending the title and trying to repeat.

I wouldn't want anyone except Eli Manning as the starting QB on my team. However after what Aaron Rodgers did last season there is no arguing that he should be ranked number 1. He had perhaps the best regular season for a QB ever. He played at an incredible level the entire year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This NY Giants fan is too busy enjoying our SuperBowl victory and looking forward to defending the title and trying to repeat.

I wouldn't want anyone except Eli Manning as the starting QB on my team. However after what Aaron Rodgers did last season there is no arguing that he should be ranked number 1. He had perhaps the best regular season for a QB ever. He played at an incredible level the entire year.

That's fair. I think it's in the top 5 of seasons of all time. Brady has 2, I'll give Peyton and Marino the other 2.

Looking forward to this continuing rivalry between NYG and the pack.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rogers was not All Pro or on the Pro Bowl roster in 2010. Amazing.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was a little surprised by Jaws ranking Peyton Manning at 4. It is surprising that after the year off he is expected to come back so great. Don't get me wrong I predict Peyton is going to have a very good year but am not really sold that he will go back to performing at his pre neck surgery level for a while. I would have probably ranked Peyton sixth and Rothlesberger fifth at this point and that is me being optimistic and giving Peyton benefit of the doubt.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

That's fine and I can understand what you mean. However, give me Aaron Rodgers with your Giants defense (especially that pass rush) any day of the week!

But still, Eli did play great at times last year. Not necessary consistently, but when it mattered most. Especially on 3rd downs. He finds a way to move the chains, despite the odds, many times. It's impressive.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's fine and I can understand what you mean. However, give me Aaron Rodgers with your Giants defense (especially that pass rush) any day of the week!

But still, Eli did play great at times last year. Not necessary consistently, but when it mattered most. Especially on 3rd downs. He finds a way to move the chains, despite the odds, many times. It's impressive.

That is funny because argument with the Rothlisberger camp is give Eli Manning Pittsburgg Steelers defense. With exception of our D line our defense has a lot of issues. Granted, they stepped up in the playoffs but the secondary and linebackers feed off the D line and are not able to get it done if the D line has an off day. Eli Manning also controls time of possession so well and gives our defense lota of rest.

Eli Manning is now just coming into his prime years and we are now seeing what he is capable of. I would rank him number 3 overall behind Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rothlisberger is overated. Shouldn't be mentioned in the conversation with Rodgers, the Mannings and Brees.

I guess I give Rothlisberger more credit because of his winning percentage but I guess that he is benefiting from playing in an easy division as well as Pittsburgh always having one of the top defenses in the league.

How long do you think it will take Peyton to return to his old form if he does at all?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I give Rothlisberger more credit because of his winning percentage but I guess that he is benefiting from playing in an easy division as well as Pittsburgh always having one of the top defenses in the league.

How long do you think it will take Peyton to return to his old form if he does at all?

Peyton isnt going to be a top 10 QB next season. He was already declining before he got hurt. Sitting out a year will make it worse.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Peyton isnt going to be a top 10 QB next season. He was already declining before he got hurt. Sitting out a year will make it worse.

If his neck problem actually does go back to the Washington Redskins clothesline hit on him back in 2006 that would explain a lot in regard to his decline. I guess what is going to be the factor is wheter or not his neck is better or not and if the nerve damage was only temporary and is now back to normal as we have been led to think.

It ia quite disheartening if he did indeed have his neck injured due to a bounty.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Peyton will surprise a lot of people and will have an outstanding season. Contrary to some beliefs he had one of his best seasons in 2010 before the neck injury. Decline????

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I know one guy who is sitting in his office somewhere fuming ;)

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
D d

I am going to disagree with you because Eli Manning was consistent the entire year. It was the defense that had injuries and some major problems. When defense got healthy and Perry Fewell went back to simple schemes, NY Giants started clicking. Heck, the only reason we even stayed in the hunt through all the injuries is because Eli carried us. We had the 28th ranked defense and the worst running game in NFL.

I am really looking forward to the new season and our rivalry is going to continue. Who knows maybe I will go back to Lambeau Field again to watch NY Giants play in playoffs or some of you will have to come up here for postseason.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his neck problem actually does go back to the Washington Redskins clothesline hit on him back in 2006 that would explain a lot in regard to his decline. I guess what is going to be the factor is wheter or not his neck is better or not and if the nerve damage was only temporary and is now back to normal as we have been led to think.

It ia quite disheartening if he did indeed have his neck injured due to a bounty.

Not sure if we will ever know what caused it....

But he has been in a steady decline for awhile now. If you look at his QB rating since 04 (121.1) he has declined every year since except for one.

2004- 121.1
2005- 104.1
2006- 101
2007- 98
2008- 95
2009- 99.9
2010- 91.9

With a steady decline since 04 and sitting out a season, it should come as no surprise when peyton is an avg or below avg QB next season.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if we will ever know what caused it....

But he has been in a steady decline for awhile now. If you look at his QB rating since 04 (121.1) he has declined every year since except for one.

2004- 121.1
2005- 104.1
2006- 101
2007- 98
2008- 95
2009- 99.9
2010- 91.9

With a steady decline since 04 and sitting out a season, it should come as no surprise when peyton is an avg or below avg QB next season.

All of those ratings are still very high.

I am going to be optimistic and give Peyton Manning and his Doctors the benefit of the doubt that he is healthty and that he will go back to being the QB that we all know and love. I think the question is how long it will take him to get the rust off. I expect him to have a very good season because I think it may take a little while for him to get back in his grove. Then again, I would not be one bit surprised if he has a fantastic season and is hot right from the start.

I guess it is safe to state that we are im agreement on our happiness that he didn't go to San Fransisco 49ers and decided to keep his butt in AFC.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of those ratings are still very high.

Correct. All the ratings were consistently high. Some went up during the period then down then up again. He threw for more yards in 2009 and 2010 than any other season. 33 tds each of those years which historically met or exceeded his output except for 2004. Also he was named MVP in 2009. I don't think they give that to guys suffering a decline.

If Rodgers doesn't match his astronomical numbers from 2011 will he be in decline?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts