Javon Walker

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rather have the Packers beat Javon Walker and the Broncos for a little vindication. I'd like to see him watching on the sidelines as Favre throws for 320+ and 3 touchdowns.

Walker does not like Favre period. I remember reading that article on Walker and his comments and just shaking my head. Walker also said something that Denver has a chance to win a Super Bowl and obviously Green Bay has a chance to win 4 games.

This is one guy that I do not like. I understand him wanting more money but he went about it the wrong way and then when he was told NO, he acted like a child.

Just my opinion though but I wish Walker was out there because if the Pack win it'd make it that much sweeter.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:
Javon....WHO???

Zero...Javon doesn't care about you

That's funny, seeing as you don't even know who I am.

Geez...Relax...I was just making a point

You will defend this guy to the death for, really, no reason

I also like how you cut out the part where I put he hates the Green Bay Packers (taking my sentence out of context)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry Walker is injured but I am glad he is no longer on the team. With the 5 WR the Packers currently have they don't need him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what you want about Walker, he complimented Favre's style of play very well.

I don't hate Walker. I hate Rosengreed. I think Rosengreed poisoned his mind against the Packers.

Now that Koren is back, we won't miss Walker. Before, we missed him. Now we have a legitimate deep threat.

Not knocking our guys, but each has his strengths:
Driver - awesome possession receiver. fights for every possible yard. Class act. Huge heart. Charismatic and good leadership abilities.

Jennings - wonderful at taking a short slant and turning it into a TD

JJ - possession receiver. great hands.

Walker - deep threat. one of the best jumpers in the NFL

This is where Koren fits in. He fills the void that Walker left.

Reaction score
AADP, Javon is a grown man. You can be fed anything by anyone in the world, but YOU the person decide what to eat. That's what defines the person.

But see Zero, I hold that people can manipulate other people.

When someone that has a proven track record in the business ****** is in, and then he comes to you and says "I can do something for you", I have to think that J-Walk listening to ****** was only natural.

Then the ****** being the manipulative man he is, started feeding J-Walk all these romantic thoughts by telling him how great he was. I don't think anyone is going to stop someone from talking positively about them, and I think J-Walk started believing ******'s rumblings about how great J-Walk was.

Having the carrot of some mega bucks being dangled in front of him broke J-Walk.

Basically, money can make people not be themselves in an instant. I think that's what happened with J-Walk, and it is unfortunate. I'd hope J-Walk sees that himself, and now has a better idea of how not to lose himself and his ideals when chasing money.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
jhensiak said:
Javon....WHO???

Zero...Javon doesn't care about you

That's funny, seeing as you don't even know who I am.

Geez...Relax...I was just making a point

You will defend this guy to the death for, really, no reason

I also like how you cut out the part where I put he hates the Green Bay Packers (taking my sentence out of context)

Don't flatter yourself, I am relaxed. Change your perception of my reaction in my post so you can accurately understand my point.

You say "You will defend this guy to the death for, really, no reason" how do you know there is no reason? I could be a close friend of his, or distant friend, or acquaintance or anything. You do not know. No reason? I said he's my favorite WR so I think that is just cause to, as you inaccurately put it, defend him.

all about da packers said:
AADP, Javon is a grown man. You can be fed anything by anyone in the world, but YOU the person decide what to eat. That's what defines the person.

But see Zero, I hold that people can manipulate other people.

When someone that has a proven track record in the business ****** is in, and then he comes to you and says "I can do something for you", I have to think that J-Walk listening to ****** was only natural.

Then the ****** being the manipulative man he is, started feeding J-Walk all these romantic thoughts by telling him how great he was. I don't think anyone is going to stop someone from talking positively about them, and I think J-Walk started believing ******'s rumblings about how great J-Walk was.

Having the carrot of some mega bucks being dangled in front of him broke J-Walk.

Basically, money can make people not be themselves in an instant. I think that's what happened with J-Walk, and it is unfortunate. I'd hope J-Walk sees that himself, and now has a better idea of how not to lose himself and his ideals when chasing money.

You = You, period. No excuses.

That's one problem I think some people have. They spend more time making and finding excuses instead of holding one self accountable for their own actions.

If you ever have a chance to talk to Javon without cameras in his face, he's a great guy. His problem is when someone puts a spot light on him. That's not Drew's fault, that's Javon's.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does everyone say we need a deep threat. were 5-1 without a so called deep threat.

i think its a misleading term anyway. all these guys are blazin fast really.

and if its a long bomb or a short pass.... we have 2 maybe 3 guys that can turn a quick slant into 40 yards occasionally.

with Bretts newfound trouble throwing the ball deep... what the hell is a speed guy gonna do anyway.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Brett has been underthrowing the ball for a couple of years.
If you go back to his Monday night game in Oakland. (The day after his father passed away.) You will see that a lot of the big catches were under thrown. His receivers did a fantstic job of coming back for the ball.
Brett even mentioned that he was tossing the ball up and his guys were taking care of him.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not criticizing favre (god forbid!)

he might throw 12 bombs in the denver game next monday but as of a couple years he hasnt been able to deliver the beautiful long ball like he could. its not a big deal... its not like hes not gonna be in the HOF now... Its ok to criticize the QB every once in a while i promise... hes not perfect and thats part of what makes him great.

he still throws a pretty slant pass i know that.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really look at the two balls Brett threw that should have been caught as atypical throws. Those guys were so wide open Brett kind of put it up there and misjudged the DB's ability to recover.

I believe he actually would have completed both of those if the receivers WEREN'T so wide open because he would have put less air under the ball.

I think we will see the long ball because we will see cover 2. This sets up for the safeties trying to cover our receivers deep and I don't think most can.

You only have to hit one or two of those and the effectiveness of the cover 2 begins to evaporate quickly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just because people forget and slack on how to maintain a topic.

Javon Walker
[align=center]Javon Walker[/align]
[align=right]Javon Walker[/align]

That's the topic of this thread. A WR who is a Denver Bronco in the Packer forum.

DISCUSS!

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
with Bretts newfound trouble throwing the ball deep...

Whoa, steady now. It was one game.

Exactly, Farve was under some pressure during those throws which could have effected how much steam he put on those throws. Also, ask anybody who has played DB and they will tell you if a reciever does not give away the fact a pass coming down until the last second, an underthrown deep ball is very difficult to defend. Secondly, Farve overthrew a couple of short passes also...Does this mean he is having newfound trouble trowing the short ball?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Genius
Just because people forget and slack on how to maintain a topic.

Javon Walker
[align=center]Javon Walker[/align]
[align=right]Javon Walker[/align]

That's the topic of this thread. A WR who is a Denver Bronco in the Packer forum.

DISCUSS!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre

Packers

Javon isn't a Packer

5-1 bye week

Friday.. relax, have a beer and go with the flow.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Real men of genius....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Favre

Packers

Javon isn't a Packer

5-1 bye week

Friday.. relax, have a beer and go with the flow.

Real men of genius....

Exactly! We have Brett Favre, Packers and a 5-1 record to talk about.
Yet we have a Javon Walker thread being mislead into a Packer discussion in the Packer forum.

Oh, the ... SILLYNESS!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to bad for J-Walk. i was hoping he had i big year, and was looking foward to him going up against woodson.

a healthy j-walk against woodson is a great match-up.

my hat is off to TT for letting walker out of GB.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not like how Walker handled his deal when he was here and did not like the comment he made about the Broncos and leaving a team that would probably win no more than 4 games(again). His words.

He had no problem letting everyone know how unhappy he was with his salary numbers for the last two years of his contract but had little conversation regarding all the money he was paid in the first three years of that contract.

Nor did he respect the fact that the Packers went out on a limb for the guy and took him early which gave him a better rookie contract then he would have gotten if he had been picked where everybody thought he would go.

I thought it was a very ****** way to treat the team that took a chance on his upside when most the others shyed away AND stuck with him after his first two extremely average(being kind here)years. If you remember there was talk about CUTTING this guy early because he couldn't catch a damn pass.

He get's one good year under his belt and immediately sticks the team in the ribs.

I say good bye. Let the Broncos pay for the weak kneed *****er.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Javon asked to go under the knife because he didn't want to have to face our defense! "Please Doc! Cut me so i don't have to get BURNED by the Packer D!!!"
(I'm just kidding)
I blamed Drew Rosenwhorehouse too when this all happened. But when i rethought it, i realized that no once forced Walker to act like a spoiled brat. He CHOOSE to act that way. He got what he wanted....out of Green Bay.
He's a good football player, but a jerk. I would love to have his talent here. But his actions? No thank you.
I think he twisted his knee trying to lug around that huge EGO of his.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he twisted his knee trying to lug around that huge EGO of his.

Now that is is best quote of this thread!

But seriously why are we wasting time talking about Javon when we could be using this thread to talk about BRETT!!???

Members online

Latest posts