Javon Walker Trade

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dakota T and I were talking and he mentioned that he heard this rumor:

GB trades Javon Walker, #5 pick, and Mark Roman to the Texans for #1 and their 3rd round pick...

Who would pull the trigger on this trade?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh. I would rather get another first round pick for Walker than trade up. We want Mario Williams anyway.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Yeah I dont really want to mortage the furture. Now maybe I would say ok if it was Javon KGB #5 for #1 and #33

How would that trade mortgage the future? I'm not trying to disagree, just asking a serious question. Roman isn't the answer and Javon wants out anyway. The Packers select Reggie Bush with the number one overall pick and a solid LB in the 2nd or 3rd round...doesn't sound too bad.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just think the price is to high for Reggie Bush. I think he is a great FB player just not worth wwhat he will demand

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you trade Walker you're in the same boat as we were with McKenzie. The answer is no trade. You come to came, you come in shape, you don't cause any problems, and if you can't do that, than we're set your butt down.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great in theory but you have to admit that it can drive a team apart. Some players would side with Walker and their would be turmoil in the locker room. I agree with what you're saying packedhouse01, but I think it is a little more complex than that in my humble opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
JbShell said:
Yeah I dont really want to mortage the furture. Now maybe I would say ok if it was Javon KGB #5 for #1 and #33

How would that trade mortgage the future? I'm not trying to disagree, just asking a serious question. Roman isn't the answer and Javon wants out anyway. The Packers select Reggie Bush with the number one overall pick and a solid LB in the 2nd or 3rd round...doesn't sound too bad.

Why would we take Reggie Bush when Mario Williams will be a better NFL player? Bush will not be a prennial pro bowl RB in the NFL. Bookmark this comment and make me eat my words in three years! :)

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you bookmark comments? Nothing against Mario Williams, he's going to be a stud, but all indications are that Reggie Bush is another "more athletic" LT. By the way, that'll be good enough for a few pro bowls, eh? :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
How do you bookmark comments? Nothing against Mario Williams, he's going to be a stud, but all indications are that Reggie Bush is another "more athletic" LT. By the way, that'll be good enough for a few pro bowls, eh? :D

lol CTRL + D :)

I'm not as impressed with Bush as I am with Hawk and Williams. I revert back to my previous comments on Bush. Have you seen him take a hit or two at the line and keep going? Has he ran through the middle? There have been players like Bush in the past, I mean his running style. Remember LeShon Johnson? He wasn't no where nearly praised as much as Bush. If LeShon was on the same team as Bush I'm willing to bet he'd have been considered the number one draft pick too.

Bush is a good talent, yes. A solid threat like Randle El is or maybe what Kordell Stewart was. I just don't see him as this great player some people are projecting him to be.

btw i hope ppl keep toting his pole so he gets picked number one and it allows the packesr to pick up mario or hawk :)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
If you trade Walker you're in the same boat as we were with McKenzie. The answer is no trade. You come to came, you come in shape, you don't cause any problems, and if you can't do that, than we're set your butt down.

I am with you 100% it is time to let this greedy punks that there is order here, if they dont want to play by the rules, well there is no play at all..

I wonder if Javon havent got that ONE good season would he be pushing now to give back some of his signing bonus? No F@cking way !!!!

So it is clear come and play. Or sit down and retire.. Yes we pay Fergy a lot more, yes but it is due to some stupid mistake from the past and we are not making those mistakes anymore :evil:

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RB not a great need for us and WR not a great need for Texans so makes little sense. Would rather trade him for a second and third round pick in this draft that is deep at LB and guard where we need help and can get excellent value.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts