1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

James Starks or Ryan Grant?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bogart, Feb 15, 2011.

?

Ryan Grant or James Starcks

1. Starks

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Grant

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Utilize them both!

60 vote(s)
    82.2%
  1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I do.

Ingram looks like Ryan Grant to me, except Ryan Grant's proven himself in the NFL.

I want a smaller, shiftier guy. Noel Devine, Jacquizz Rodgers, Dion Lewis, those types. And all of them can be had later.

2. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Ingram knows how to hit the holes. I think he would instantly solidify our run game. Starks is still a project.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995
    I think Nance is history. Grant will be the starter, but Starks will get most of the carries by the end of next year. Whoever TT drafts will be the 3rd back, and I hope it's someone who can run back kicks.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Obviously everyone knows we should (and WILL) utilize them both so that's an easy choice.

But as for starting the game and getting the majority of the carries: for sure Ryan Grant.

5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    While I voted to utilize both of them, I think Ryan has a stable track record. Anybody could look good for a couple games. Heck, Gado was good for a couple when he had to fill in. After he went elsewhere he just kind of disappeared.

6. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,160
    I'm not so confident we will utilize them both. The Bleacher Report made a pretty convincing case that Grant may be done. Remember this team is anything BUT conventional when it comes to player acquisition and departure.

While it makes a lot of sense to many of us to keep both guys and use them both. We've seen before how things we thought made sense all of a sudden turned out differently.

I remember how much a number of us were shocked that Harris was sent packing (pardon the pun). But we later found out the injury was more than it appeared and our Manager did the right thing.

If Grant really has an ankle sprain, why did it take all season to heal, and still no word?

7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    it wasn't a sprain, he had to have surgery on his ankle

8. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,160
    In any event there hasn't been a whole lot of word on it. The strange silence is almost loud.

9. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Here is the quote from Bleacher Report;
    "How serious was the injury?

The information has been hard to find on the updates of his ankle. How bad is the injury when the words "broken" and "fractured" aren't used?

All the reports say 'ankle injury" and don't dive into much more detail than that."

10. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    guys lets get real. obviously dimitri nance is our future starter :)

11. jerryricefumbled

jerryricefumbled Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Lets just hammer Grant Starks and Kuhn down the pipe for the first 3 downs then let Rodgers toss to Jennings Driver Nelson if it gets to forth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    you really dont know how football works do u?
    the chances of us doing this is very slim. very rarely do you see teams going for it on fourth down and knowing MM calls the plays i dont see 3 runs and then a 4th down pass

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    LOL, I didn't even see that about going for it on fourth! All I saw was running Grant, Starks and Kuhn!!!

No matter how you put it, I think we are going to have a VERY good running game next year and I'm very excited about it! Starks, Grant, Kuhn and maybe BJax too are all going to make an awesome combo! It's a freakin Force! Hopefully M.M. will run the ball more with these guys! Run the dang ball M.M.!!! Run it!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Couldn't agree more! Our run game should be great if MM gives it the time during the game. Starks will be developed more so I'm excited about that aspect as well

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    not gonna lie but whenever i see straks run i never have any fear cuz he doesnt fumble and is always pushing for more yards

• Like Like x 1
  16. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    This is a tough one. Glad I'm not the coach.. I guess Starks really showed me a lot in the playoffs. Held onto the ball and picked up some blitzes. Tough to sit that.

17. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Wait until we all see Starks catch the ball out of the backfield. He's a good receiver, we just never saw any of it in the time he's played. We're sure to see it this year.
    To whoever said that Grant was the breakout guy in the secondary has got to be kidding. If either back is gonna do it, it's Starks, Grant just hasn't shown that ability, ever.
    Grant is solid for positive yards, he's not a breakout running back, Starks has had more of those runs in the short time he's played than any back since Ahman Green.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

I would like to see Starks utilized in screen passes.

19. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Is there a need to choose ? There'll be "downs" when you want both in the backfield, and other situations when one or other is more suited to the play being called.
    Let both take their place on the sideline and let McCarthy send them in as required.