It's July, where's the draft choices' signature?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not one draft choice is signed.

Exclusive rights free agent Ryan Grant did not participate in OTA's or Mini-Camp.

It's been over 60 days and yet not one deal has been completed.

Are 7th round picks tougher to sign or has there been a lack of effort??

Do you want to contact the agents involved??

2nd Round pick A

Agent for Jordy Nelson

Vann McElroy (former Raider safety)

Select Sports Group
A Sanders Morris Harris Group Company
JP Morgan Chase Tower
600 Travis, 31st Floor
Houston, TX 77002
TEL: 713.621.6700
FAX: 713.621.5413
TOLL FREE: 877.996.6700
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.selectsportsgroup.com/ssgteam.shtml

Active contracts negotiated: 20
No problems foreseen
Most notable contracts negotiated are:

Derrick Johnson – SSG negotiated a $13.65 million contract for Derrick with $7.28 million in bonuses. Derrick’s contract exceeded the contract of the player selected ahead of him (Thomas Davis) in Total Dollars, Rookie Pool Value, Escalator, Base Salaries, and Guaranteed Bonuses.

Wes Welker – Originally an undrafted free agent; SSG negotiated a 5-year $18.1 million contract with $10.5 million in bonuses with the New England Patriots. The Patriots traded a 2nd Round and 7th Round draft pick to the Dolphins in exchange for Wes.

Aaron Schobel – After Aaron was selected to the Pro Bowl and finished the 2007 season 3rd in the NFL with 14 sacks, SSG came to terms on a 7-year, $50.25 million contract extension with $20.25 million guaranteed. Executives around the NFL were shocked that Buffalo agreed to extend Aaron’s contract with three years still remaining on a $29.6 million extension signed in 2004.

Ben Leber – Despite having foot surgery and splitting playing time during his contract year in San Diego, SSG negotiated a blockbuster $20 million, 5-year contract for Ben with $7.5 million in bonuses with the Minnesota Vikings.

Terrence Metcalf – After starting only one year at offensive guard for the Chicago Bears in 2005, SSG secured a 6-year contract worth $12.2 million with a $3.33 million singing bonus that enables Terrence to remain with the team of his choice, the Chicago Bears.

Chris Sanders – After only his third NFL season, SSG negotiated a $9,566,000 5-year extension for Chris, which included a $3,250,000 signing bonus and a total package of $ 20 million.

Matt Schobel – While the Cincinnati Bengals failed to allow Matt to showcase his ability to stretch the field from the tight end position, the Philadelphia Eagles realized Matt’s potential. SSG negotiated a 6-year, $7.5 million contract with a $1.8 million signing bonus with the Eagles in 2006.

Jason Webster – Jason was the 4th highest paid Free Agent Cornerback in 2004, despite playing in only 3 games in his contract year due to injuries. SSG negotiated a 6-year, $18 million contract for Jason with a $7 million signing bonus.

Montae Reagor – SSG negotiated an amazing $18.1 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts, even though Montae had only started one game in his first 4-years in Denver. The contract made Montae the highest paid player on the Colts’ defense. On his rookie deal, his contract was greater than the contracts of the players drafted two and three picks before him.

Kenoy Kennedy – In 2005, Kenoy received a 5-year, $14.4 million contract with the Detroit Lions. The contract included a $4.4 million signing bonus, and it represented the largest contract a safety received in Free Agency.

Michael Sinclair – SSG negotiated a $35 million dollar extension in 1999 with the Seattle Seahawks, even though he had two years remaining on his contract with Seattle at the time. Michael received $8.4 million in his first six months of his new contract, which included $8 million in bonuses.

Charles Tillman - SSG negotiated a 6-year, $41.5 million contract extension with $18.1 million guaranteed that keeps the promising cornerback with the Chicago Bears for the remainder of his career. The national media was surprised that Charles received a significantly larger contract than his teammate, Nathan Vasher, because Vasher has gone to the Pro Bowl and Charles has not.

Ty Warren – SSG reached an agreement with the New England Patriots on a 5-year, $36 million dollar contract extension, with $17.5 million guaranteed, despite Ty having two years left on his rookie contract. Ty is the only other Patriots player in franchise history to have his contract extended with two years left, the other player - Tom Brady.

Adam Carriker – The contract SSG negotiated for Adam Carriker, 13th pick in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft, represented the largest percentage increase for any contract in the first round – a 22% increase over the same pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. The 5-year, $14.5 million deal included $9.3 million guaranteed.

2007 SSG 1st and 2nd Round Contracts – The contracts negotiated for 1st Round pick Adam Carriker and 2nd Round pick Kevin Kolb represented the largest percentage increases over the previous year’s picks than every other player selected in the 1st or 2nd Round of the draft. Most agencies are built on egos with each agent negotiating, recruiting and acting on his own. The SSG team approach benefits the players because all of the agents work together on every contract. This fact allows us to obtain the top contracts for our draft picks year and year out.

Packers represented (last year) Alvin Nnabuife

Competent agent. The maximum length of deal is 4 years.

2nd Round pick B
Agent for Brian Brohm
Athletes First
9140 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine CA 92618

(949) 475-2222
(949) 475-1006 fax
[email protected]
http://www.athletesfirst.net/

Other QB's Represented

Dereck Anderson Browns
Kyle Boller Ravens
John Beck Dolphins
Matt Cassel Patriots
John Booty 08 Viking draftee
Kerry Collins Titans
Trent Dilfer 49'ers
AJ Feely Eagles
Matt Hasselbeck Seahawks
Tim Hasselbeck
Joey Harrington Falcons
Chad Henne Dolphins 08 draftee
Carson Palmer Bengals
Kyle Orton Bears
Matt Schaub Texans

Other Clients to note
John Lynch Broncos
Ahman Green Texans
Spencer Havner Packers
Ryan Powdrell Packers
Amani Toomer Giants
Reggie Wayne Colts

You can see why Brohm selected this agency.
Brohm's negotiation can be expected to be complicated.
I don't know which person at the agency is the lead negotiator.

2nd Round pick C
Patrick Lee's agent
Todd Eric France (not Franz)
France Athlete Management Enterprises, Inc.
3500 Lenox Road NE, Suite 575
Atlanta, GA 30326

Also represents:

Nate Clemments
Ronnie Brown
Takeo Spikes
Kendrell Bell
Thomas Davis
Carlos Rogers
Aqib Talib
Keenan Burton

This agent I do not know much about. He is experienced but seems to avoid the media the way Rosenhaus seeks it.

3rd Round pick

Jermichael Finley's Agent
Peter Schaffer
All Pro Sports & Entertainment
36 Steele St Ste 100
Denver, CO 80206
(303) 320-4004
Fax: (303) 320-4019
http://www.apse.net/index.htm

Has negotiated over One Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000) in NFL Contracts;
Represented successfully 2 Heisman Trophy Winners – Barry Sanders and Eddie George;
Only firm to have represented 2 top 3 NFL draft picks in the past 3 drafts – Braylon Edwards (2005) and Joe Thomas (2007)
37 Active NFL Contracts

Lito Sheppard
Joe Thomas
Eric Wright
Derrick Mason
Rudi Johnson
Samari Rolle
Jerome Bettis
Eddie George
Barry Sanders
Big time agent that should get the deal done without a holdout.

4th Round pick A
Jeremy Thompson's agent
Also Matt Flynn's agent
Profiles Sports, Inc.
3340 Peachtree Road, NE
Suite 1630
Atlanta GA, 30326
Phone:(404) 842-7800
Fax: (404) 842-7801
William "Bill" Johnson 8 active NFL contracts negotiated.
http://profilessports.com/bioteampics/bill.jpg
http://profilessports.com/william.html
http://profilessports.com/index.html
Clients
Brian Urlacher
DeMarcus Ware
Charlie Whitehurst
Charles Grant
Rod Coleman
Jeff Backus
Ben Grubbs
Michael Bennett
Matt Flynn(Packer's 7th round pick)

4th Round pick B
Josh Sitton's Agent
Jack Reale
Drew, Eckl & Farnham
880 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta GA, 30357
Phone:(404) 885-6404
Fax: (404) 876-0992
[email protected]

website : http://www.deflaw.com/attorneys/attorneys.aspx?dd=ddAttorneys&attorneyid=48

Active Contracts Negotiated:7
Champ Bailey
Boss Bailey
Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech Head Coach)
This lawyer has a lot of irons in the fire besides Sports representation.
Sitton's contract could be very late compared to others drafted around him.

5th Round
Breno Giacomini's agent

Jason T. Chayut
SPORTSTARS, INC.
Metropolitan Tower
142 West 57th Street
New York NY, 10019
Phone:(212) 757-4044
Fax: (201) 586-0314
http://www.sportstarsnyc.com/
Active Contracts Negotiated:20

Some players represented:
Deion Branch WR
Dunta Robinson CB
Sheldon Brown CB
Johnathan Joseph CB
Ko Simpson S
DeWayne White DE
Tim Jennings S
Andre Goodman CB
Langston Moore 03
This negotiation should not be a problem.

7th Round A
Matt Flynn (Same as Jeremy Thompson above)

7th Round B
Agent for Brett Swain
Bruce A. Tollner
REP 1 Sports Group
2 Corporate Park
Suite 106
Irvine CA, 92606
Phone:(949) 748-6000
Fax: (949) 748-6001
http://www.rep1sports.com/
Active Contracts Negotiated:21
Mostly low level players like the Packers Joe Toledo and free agent Marviel Underwood
exceptions being Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Ben Roethlisberger, Mark, Brunell, and Trent Edwards.

Brett Swain shouldn't be holding out.

It would be nice to hear some news regarding contracts.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think Ted may have spent all the money on new office furniture and a new plasma for his office.. that way he can watch practice from the cool confines of his "humbled" abode.. :lol:

Just kiddin.. I wonder if it might be because there is a new contract gent in place... taking his time in sorting out the Packers situation?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scout.com has an article explaining the wait. I can't read it because I don't subscribe. So, if anyone does ...

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080702/PKR01/807020607/1058

The Gazette talked to Brohm's agent.

"There's nothing going on," Shulman said.

They wrote "A spokesman for Bruce Tollner, who represents seventh-round receiver Brett Swain, said there's nothing going on with their client's contract, either."

The Packers have a rookie salary pool of $4,076,190 to sign their nine draft picks plus their undrafted rookie free agents.

The story did not address any advantages of the procrastination in starting to work on the contracts.

The Packers were one of the slower teams to get draft choices signed under Brandt and nothing has changed with the guy hired to replace him.

Brandt never had a high profile holdout either. The one year he got everyone signed before training camp began he was dismissed.

The slack attitude regarding this annual project is puzzling.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it is a slack attitude at all. Perhaps they are waiting to see the bar, and thinking things through. I don't know why anyone would think this is a big deal.

After the holiday weekend things will get done.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Alot of it probably had to do with the high number of UDFA we brought in for workouts, thus in reality letting the coaching staff have a look at the maxium of 7 extra players.. or 87 on the roster in total.. get through minicamps.. do the roster analysis and come up with the final roster of 80 allowed players to take into training camp..

My guess, the coaching staff has a couple of bubble players to drop of the roster so when they start to sign these picks.. they know exactly whom needs to go when.

Another possible advantage to waiting, is not letting these drafted rooks relax and possibly slack off between now and training camp.. having them focus on staying out of trouble and probably keeping themselves on their toes for the start of training camp.

Other than that.. the Packers are drawing interest on any of the signing bonuses that is sitting in their bank verus the players bank.. interest on a couple of million for an extra month probably doesn't hurt the bottom line at all either..

It isn't like any of these players are going to hold out.. pretty much slotted deals.. give or take terms and maybe up front money.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like most everyone else I am no expert in the ways of NFL player contracts.
With that said I am sure part of the reason they have not signed the lower round draft picks (5-7) is that they want to sign the higher picks 1st. Everyone is slotted and if you give too much to the players on the bottom it only pushes the floor up until you have no room for the higher picks.
The delay on the higher picks is possibly to see what players from other teams sign for. that will bracket our picks and take away some of the leverage from the player and his agent.
Once they start, things will go pretty quickly.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
California Cheese check this: "Post subject: Rookie talks may heat up next week
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 06:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Rookie talks may heat up next week
By Rob Demovsky • • July 2, 2008

The Green Bay Packers haven't signed any of their draft picks, but some headway should be made soon."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted an article on packerforum this morning concerning lack of signing Packer draftees by Rob Domovsky-Sports reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette."

In my opinion All signings will happen in time for Packer training camp.This article is the only word about Packer draftee's signing I have seen so far this off season.
The Packers don't even have a first round draft choice. Those negotiations of first rounder are the hard negotiations.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll all get signed, i have no worries about that. TT drafted them to be Packers. No more needs to be said.

Reaction score
The slack attitude regarding this annual project is puzzling.

I wouldn't say slack. Perhaps our contracts guy Russ Ball has been busy trying to understand exactly how these rookie contracts will play out in the event of an uncapped year, or such.

There isn't really a price for having all your draft picks signed first, so it isn't as if the Packers are loosing a ton by not having signed any draft picks up until now.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pack_in_black said:
Who was the last rookie drafted by the Packers to hold out for a substantial length of time?

Ahmad Carrol?

haha really? :D

Deep down we all love AC. As Trom mentoined we have to know what the bad times are to appreciate the good. AC was Packerland's Wall Street Crash.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Deep down we all love AC. As Trom mentoined we have to know what the bad times are to appreciate the good. AC was Packerland's Wall Street Crash.

Bad times? You kids don't KNOW bad times.

Try living through the 70s and the 80s as a Packer fan. The only thing I had to look forward to were James Lofton's stats.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:

Bad times? You kids don't KNOW bad times.

Try living through the 70s and the 80s as a Packer fan. The only thing I had to look forward to were James Lofton's stats.

We had Lynn ****ey too.
Remember the 1983 MNF game vs Washington 48-47? Sweet. :D

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the late 70's and 80's very well. I'd go out in the front yard with the nerf football and pretend to beat the Bears just to make myself feel better about the Packers dropping another game. But, you have to admit, even through the down years, GB could split with Chicago or Minny it seemed like no matter how bad it was.

Members online

Latest posts