It is still a perfect season.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I strongly believe the '72 Dolphins would have lost 1 or 2 games if they played a 16 game season.

No doubt, trying to keep a team competitive with all injuries that will concur down the line they won't be so good as they once were... Maybe were feeling this a little also. No doubt their is enough gas to go all the way this year, deffently considering last year..

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
No doubt, trying to keep a team competitive with all injuries that will concur down the line they won't be so good as they once were... Maybe were feeling this a little also. No doubt their is enough gas to go all the way this year, deffently considering last year..

I agree.

I don't know much about the '72 Dolphins. I've seen maybe 4 of their games at most (that Vikings game was incredible!) but down the line they would have eventually lost a game if they played a 16 game season back then. It's like the 85 Bears and 84 49ers. You know, the team no one cares about in SF that went 15-1 without Jerry Rice, they were 15-1 and the only loss came on a missed FG.

We are still perfect to have the number 1 seed. Perfection exists in a way.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't diminish the accomplishment of the '72 Dolphins. A perfect season was incredibly difficult back then, too. If you don't think so, why didn't other dominant teams of that era accomplish it?

The perfect season for the Packers isn't going to happen but honestly I didn't care about it. I join those Packers fans who believe it's championships that matter.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kindof hoping we lose to the lions. I'll be furious if our only loss on the season was to a horrible Chiefs team with a losing record.

i should clarify before i get my face f*@#ed.

i'm not really hoping we lose, but kindof.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kindof hoping we lose to the lions. I'll be furious if our only loss on the season was to a horrible Chiefs team with a losing record.

i should clarify before i get my face f*@#ed.

i'm not really hoping we lose, but kindof.

mods, please ban.
;)

i kid i kid! (sort of...)

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed, with the wild close shootouts the team has been in due to lack of defense...?

The Packers have actually been pretty dominant at home in Lambeau Field. Only two games were so closely contested as to not be sure of a win until the end.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And by "perfect" I don't mean undefeated.

We could have had an undefeated season, but I'll take the next best thing which is what we got right now, and right now it is perfect.
'72 Dolphins are soooo yesteryear and gone. Forget about them. They don't matter anymore.
We are here and now with the best team in the NFL today.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
'72 Dolphins are soooo yesteryear and gone. Forget about them. They don't matter anymore.
That same "logic" could be applied to the Lombardi era. As an old-timer I value history as it provides perspective. Of course we should be excited about the present, but that doesn't mean we should forget about the past.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I agree... its still perfect in my eyes.. (well not counting the injuries...but you know what I mean!)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
For me personally this has and is still a perfect season. I am all in on this year. Started with that incredible run. Freaked my little 6 year old grandson out when we beat the Bears and I was banging on the arms of my recliner screaming "We're in the Playoffs", then the playoff run, standing in the street screaming after the SB win. Bought a ring, The trip to GB for the opener, partying in the streets of GB meeting up with R man and the Drewmiester, that Incredible game, stumbling onto that autograph signing the next day and meeting all the players. Then the Epic Tailgate and game in San Diego when Rivers had to go to a silent count because Packer nation had turned Qualcomm into Lambeau West. I am finally part owner of the Packers and today I pickup my tickets to the NFC Championship Game from Fedex. It has been a perfect year. I don't know how it is going to end and I know I am going to be paying it off for a couple of years but this is a perfect season.

14-1 DEFENDING SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS, 2011 NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS, #1 NFC SEED, 2 WINS TO THE SUPERBOWL. THE ROAD TO INDY GOES THRU GREEN BAY.

PERFECT

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online