It’s a little bit of everyone’s fault.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Brett can’t pass good enough, the line can’t protect good enough, the defense is lacking skill and heart, the play calling is absolutely terrible , defensive scheme is old and needs to go with capers, it looks like Kentucky play calling out there.

A wake up call to just how terrible this team is without Rodgers. MM had a 7 point league and shut down the offense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take out #12 and this is a pretty poor football team. Years of bad drafting, lack of any free agent utilization, and refusal to move on from bad coaches and coordinators like Dom Capers will do that to you.

We saw Exhibit A in 2013 and now we're seeing Exhibit B. This is and has been a bad football team that sees few changes because Aaron Rodgers has covered up so much of the stink for so many years and given the longtime illusion of a good team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take out #12 and this is a pretty poor football team. Years of bad drafting, lack of any free agent utilization, and refusal to move on from bad coaches and coordinators like Dom Capers will do that to you.

We saw Exhibit A in 2013 and now we're seeing Exhibit B. This is and has been a bad football team that sees few changes because Aaron Rodgers has covered up so much of the stink for so many years and given the longtime illusion of a good team.
I disagree.... Frankly the difference between a bad team and a good one in the NFL is so small that making that assessment after losing the team's HOF QB is silly.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree.... Frankly the difference between a bad team and a good one in the NFL is so small that making that assessment after losing the team's HOF QB is silly.

I don't know what losing the team's HOF QB has to do with it, since I was referring to what this team is without said QB, not with him.

Will you feel differently if we go 6-10?

That would be a 2-9 record in Rodgers' absence which I would say is pretty strong confirmation of a bad football team without him.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hundley hits on a couple of his downfield throws we could have won. Two more weeks of practice should open up more of the playbook for him and give us a better idea of what he can do.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could have the optimism you guys had. I had it last week. I don't see it now. It was easy to excuse Hundley last week thrown into the fire on the road. This week he had a full week of prep, supposedly a great week of practice, at home against a bad D, and he totally flopped. This is as easy as it gets. Relative to strong defenses and hostile environments, this was as good of a matchup as we could have hoped for for our offense.

I think it's going to be a very long year. I can't think of some miraculous way that things are going to be much different 2 weeks from now.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could have the optimism you guys had. I had it last week. I don't see it now. It was easy to excuse Hundley last week thrown into the fire on the road. This week he had a full week of prep, supposedly a great week of practice, at home against a bad D, and he totally flopped. This is as easy as it gets. Relative to strong defenses and hostile environments, this was as good of a matchup as we could have hoped for for our offense.

I think it's going to be a very long year. I can't think of some miraculous way that things are going to be much different 2 weeks from now.
Actually the New Orleans defense was ranked 13th coming into this game, that is no where near as bad as you are making them out to be. That said I am not excusing the kindergarten performance of our passing offense as NO was ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league for passing defense. I am also starting to doubt McCarthy’s coaching ability as the performance by Hundley today pretty much makes him the worst qb in the league.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 22 starters and special teams. One injury should not make you go from a team with SB aspirations to one which can only win 1/4 of their games.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hundley hits on a couple of his downfield throws we could have won. Two more weeks of practice should open up more of the playbook for him and give us a better idea of what he can do.
He been three he should know the play book and be able execute plays.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we the only team that is this much of a disaster any time we need to turn to a backup QB?

The Vikings throw 2M at a crappy Case Keenum and seem to get by just fine. We groom a guy with a 3 year investment specifically for the insurance policy if Rodgers ever goes down and he can't do anything.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what losing the team's HOF QB has to do with it, since I was referring to what this team is without said QB, not with him.

Will you feel differently if we go 6-10?

That would be a 2-9 record in Rodgers' absence which I would say is pretty strong confirmation of a bad football team without him.
I'd think it was pretty obvious what it had to do with it. I'd say it is a pretty good team with a bad Quarterback. Looking at today's game... I think it's likely the Packers would have won that game with an average QB. Is it possible Hundley could become that? Maybe. Maybe not, but I think you are both over... and underestimating the importance of the QB.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't blame Hundley on this. We should've had a 28-7 hafltime lead. But due to fear from play callers or bad drafting (If it's Hundley's fault) by Ted Thompson we were up 14-7. And yes I would go so far as to say with Aaron we probably would've been up 35-7 at half. I think 1 start and 1 relief appearance is too early to blame Hundley. Just my opinion here. I will admit I'm ecstatic that he didn't do like the 1st QB to try to replace Aaron and end up on IR after 1 series like Senecca Wallace did. Let's see what we do against Detroit before we burn the joint down is what I say...at least where Hundley is concerned.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't blame Hundley? He was 12 for 25 for 87 yards and a pick. He even had a running game going for him and still couldn't do anything.

I am not sure who else to blame for that kind of horrific offensive performance. You can't just bad playcall your way to an 87 yard day against a bad pass defense.

This despite a 'Great week of preparation.'

If he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. There's no magic potion to turn a bad QB into a good one in 2 weeks.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't blame Hundley? He was 12 for 25 for 87 yards and a pick. He even had a running game going for him and still couldn't do anything.

I am not sure who else to blame for that kind of horrific offensive performance. You can't just bad playcall your way to an 87 yard day against a bad pass defense.

This despite a 'Great week of preparation.'

If he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. There's no magic potion to turn a bad QB into a good one in 2 weeks.

Is it the student, or the quarterback school that it appears can only graduate the valedictorian?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's pretty much what Colin Cowherd has been saying for the last several years. That the Packers are a mediocre team but Rodgers covers up for it. I'm hoping for better as the season goes on, but if today was any indication I have to say he is spot on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts