Is Undefeated That Important...

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, is it that important to go undefeated in the regular season.
Sure you get the distinction of being an undefeated team and everyone is chasing you.
The reality is is that you win your division and get home field advantage. Last year they pretty much came in through the back door and claimed the ultimate prize.
That is when the team became a "Team" and we know what happened from then on.
What they have done is create a "Winning Attitude" that has turned into a frenzy of sorts.

What they have to do is keep their success in check and prepare for the "second season"... the playoffs and the ultimate prize.

Like last year, get to the playoffs and hit that "Success" gear!!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, is it that important to go undefeated in the regular season.
Sure you get the distinction of being an undefeated team and everyone is chasing you.
The reality is is that you win your division and get home field advantage. Last year they pretty much came in through the back door and claimed the ultimate prize.
That is when the team became a "Team" and we know what happened from then on.
What they have done is create a "Winning Attitude" that has turned into a frenzy of sorts.

What they have to do is keep their success in check and prepare for the "second season"... the playoffs and the ultimate prize.

Like last year, get to the playoffs and hit that "Success" gear!!
Okay - but I believe it is important to all these guys, now that they have come this far, to continue undefeated. I can't imagine any of them being happy having to sit out and watch on the chance that an injury could occur. They know what can happen every time they take the field.

I think the undefeated season is very important, and should not be sacrificed out of fear. Go, Pack, Go!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the more appropriate time ask this question is after the Superbowl, after everything is said and done. I'm sorry, but even now, it's a little too early to discuss it. I think it's more important to take each game as it is and get through it, always looking forward to the greater goal. The bigger picture. This is just the path we must take to get there. I do think the team tries to win every game, but that's what football teams do, they try to win games. I don't see it as the shadow of a undefeated season looming over the Packers, I see the threat the Packers having a undefeated season looming over everyone else.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is undefeated that important? Yes. For most players, the chance to make history never comes. For these Packers, the chance to make history is right within their grasp. Will it kill them to lose a game? No, I don't believe it will. But will they spend the rest of their lives wondering about what could of been? You bet your *** they will.

Winning championships is nice, but every year one team wins the Super Bowl anyway. However, it's not every year that a team has a chance to do something truly historical and complete the perfect season. This year's Packers team has that chance. Lets hope they make the most of it.

OP
OP
vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good content and feedback... you have to keep that hunger and senses sharp. They are on a mission to complete what they set out to do at the beginning of the season... the prize!! That's why you play the game.

OP
OP
vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the more appropriate time ask this question is after the Superbowl, after everything is said and done. I'm sorry, but even now, it's a little too early to discuss it. I think it's more important to take each game as it is and get through it, always looking forward to the greater goal. The bigger picture. This is just the path we must take to get there. I do think the team tries to win every game, but that's what football teams do, they try to win games. I don't see it as the shadow of a undefeated season looming over the Packers, I see the threat the Packers having a undefeated season looming over everyone else.
I see the threat the Packers having a undefeated season looming over everyone else.[/quote]
Good point, just wondering if that is intimidating to those chasing the Packers... hopefully it is and that may give them an advantage.

L

Lunchboxer

Id rather repeat. Winning Back to Back Super Bowls is a giant feat.

I think the Pack would probably drop the last game of year to keep people healthy. Thats what i want all of the guys healthy.

Before the 07 Playoffs and packers had 2nd seed lock did they rest starters before that 1st round bye?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think it's a little late for these "is undefeated important" discussions. 3 more wins and it's a reality.

Plus our last two games are against division rivals, we never want to lose to anyone in our division no matter when it is especially at home.

No team ever won anything being scared and playing it safe all the time.

Undefeated season is important. There have been Dynasties over the year in this league, but never an undefeated team.

It's important for a team to establish a rhythm and tempo and winning mindset heading into the playoffs. How would you suppose we do that by resting our starters for 4 weeks and losing the last two games? It just doesn't make sense

OP
OP
vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a little late for these "is undefeated important" discussions. 3 more wins and it's a reality.

Plus our last two games are against division rivals, we never want to lose to anyone in our division no matter when it is especially at home.

No team ever won anything being scared and playing it safe all the time.

Undefeated season is important. There have been Dynasties over the year in this league, but never an undefeated team.

It's important for a team to establish a rhythm and tempo and winning mindset heading into the playoffs. How would you suppose we do that by resting our starters for 4 weeks and losing the last two games? It just doesn't make sense
I agree I'm not suggesting we rest and float for the last 3 games. The team has to keep the throttle down and play their game to stay sharp gearing up for the playoffs. When the game is out of hand, sub out your starters, give the other players time on the field and keep the starters out of harms way. They can use the game time for good experience down the road.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I agree I'm not suggesting we rest and float for the last 3 games. The team has to keep the throttle down and play their game to stay sharp gearing up for the playoffs. When the game is out of hand, sub out your starters, give the other players time on the field and keep the starters out of harms way. They can use the game time for good experience down the road.

Agreed. Preseason Mode all the way. Starters play for the first half, pending the score, back-ups come in for the second half.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the more appropriate time ask this question is after the Superbowl, after everything is said and done. I'm sorry, but even now, it's a little too early to discuss it.

Why? We're fans who have nothing to do with how the team prepares week-to-week. I really don't see what the harm is in fans prognosticating over what-ifs.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Undefeated is important in a historical context. It's important to the lasting legacy for present and future fans. It's important to set a precedent for a winning mindset. It's important from a monetary standpoint (fans know they will always see the Packers best effort).
Is it important to win the Super Bowl? No. The Green Bay Packers organization is founded on the principles of determined and measured success. I wince when I see Aaron come out of the game keeping him from records.
I know some fans think a back to back Super Bowl is extraordinary and it is!!!
But Charles Woodson said it best when he described the idea that he'd never get back after failing in the SB. Success is fleeting in the NFL. The Packers have a chance at legendary status. It might be a long time before they get a chance again if ever and woe to them if they let it pass and let another team grab the golden ring when it's in their grasp.
Undeafeated, perfect season, back to back titles. Why be okay with anything less if you can attain it all?
To worry about injuries is silly. We won the title last year with one of the most injured teams in championship history and we lost Driver, Woodson and Shields during the game.
I would be shocked if the Packers gave anything less than their full abilities.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers throughout history are watching these games. This isn't just a team. It's a way of life. Determination. Defined. Yet never looking forward past your current soon to be victim.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
19-0 has never been done before. Forget all the 16-0 talk. It's about 19-0. Going where no team has gone before. You have a shot to be the best team of all time. You take that shot.....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I dont like the idea of limping into the playoffs like the colts did a few years ago

Yep. I know the Saints are the counter argument to this though that season. But, the Colts and not the Saints have more examples of what NOT to do before the postseason. How not to prepare. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results right? Or something like that.

I think resting can be doable if you are a team who can rely more on the run and defense. Like last years Jets who I think rested all key players in their final week with a playoff spot clinched and then proceeded to beat the Colts and Pats on the road in consecutive weeks. They relied mostly on defense though and still do.

I don't think too much rest/time off for a high octane passing offense is often a good idea. We already know the Packers can throw it though. I would like to see more consistent running in the final 3 games if possible to lessen the chances of hits on Aaron and to just get used to running the ball more period.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This years team is already one of the best in history. Why not be the best? BJ Raji said McCarthy wanted to try. I say go for it. We are blowing teams out in the 3rd quarters. Rest the team in the 4th..

Members online

Latest posts