Is TT content with what we have?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like it. I heard he's interested in Steven Jackson and then i heard it was a rumor? i'm leaning more towards rumor. It's not like this team is in rebuild mode, we are a few pieces away from bringing the title back home but TT likes his "build through the draft" approach. You see the thing though is he grades poorly when it comes to drafting on that side of the ball. just saw Detroit is getting Reggie Bush who coulda also been a good pickup but Hillis is who he's bringing in? Maybe when Chicago or Dallas signs Greg jennings and or Charles Woodson he will get off his hands.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he is content. That does a disservice to him as GM. He may not move in the way we think he should but I guarantee he wants to improve the team.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Isn't there another thread this common complaint could have been added to, splash? ;) (smilie just in regard to the last word.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The giants packers and steelers don't dabble much in FA. I think the results speak for themselves.

Draft and develop philosophy is good enough for me.

Is there anyone you really wanted the packers to sign that was signed by someone else yesterday?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The giants packers and steelers don't dabble much in FA. I think the results speak for themselves.

Draft and develop philosophy is good enough for me.

Is there anyone you really wanted the packers to sign that was signed by someone else yesterday?

Yes, Dashon goldson fron San Fran who signed with Tampa Bay.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw Welker signed with Denver. Pretty good group of wr's for Manning with Thomas, Welker, and Decker. They are going to score some points that's for sure. There D aint so bad either.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over $8 mil a year?

Maybe if we cut hawk and finley first.

Hey, you asked me if there was anyone i wanted the Packers to sign that got signed yesterday haha. We need a guy who will blow wr's up at safety. We are very finese at that positon.... I'd even settle for Bernard Pollard.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd even settle for Bernard Pollard.

Ick. He can't cover. Huff from the Raiders looks more interesting and kind of like a Collins clone. Athletic enough to play slot and outside corner due to injuries....

On paper, nice. Anyone watch enough games to have an opinion?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ick. He can't cover. Huff from the Raiders looks more interesting and kind of like a Collins clone. Athletic enough to play slot and outside corner due to injuries....

On paper, nice. Anyone watch enough games to have an opinion?

Yes, Huff would be a nice pickup. This guy came in as a safety in the 1st round but Oakland played him alot a corner last year after mainly being a safety his first four years in the league. He's fast enough to play either spot but physical enough to play safety. He was supposed to be the replacement for Charles Woodson and even asked if he could wear #24.

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, Huff would be a nice pickup. This guy came in as a safety in the 1st round but Oakland played him alot a corner last year after mainly being a safety his first four years in the league. He's fast enough to play either spot but physical enough to play safety. He was supposed to be the replacement for Charles Woodson and even asked if he could wear #24.

Despite the Oakland tarnish, Huff should command $$$$.

Goldson signed for $8 mil per year with $22 mil guaranteed. Huff is the superior athlete and reasonably argued to be the superior football player. Versatility alone ought to give him the edge. He's played well at safety, cover corner and nickel corner in the NFL. He knows some football.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot's of smart responses in this thread that I agree with. TT is going to wait until the market corrects the remaining free agents' attitudes (and that of their agents) and brings their price demands down into the realm of reason. There is rarely a good reason or result from overspending in free agency. TT is a value chaser

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow broncos sign a 1 yr deal with dominque Rodgers cromartie...
That's tempting

Lex Luger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson has done a poor job as GM last two years. Honestly if they dont upgrade the offensive line this year Im certain Rodgers will go down, and go down hard.

Thompson may not sign alot of FA which is fine, but Pickett and Woodson were FA signings that worked out great. Just 1 really good player( and NOT A RB PLEASE!) can make a huge difference.

Last year he did nothing, then signed washed up Benson and totally washed up Saturday right before season started. If you want best FA, you have to sign them early.

Also, I love how people bashed Erik Walden after loss to 9'ers, but he was signed for good money immediately at beginning of FA. The person most responsible for us losing to niners was AJ Hawk. He is one of the most targeted LB in the league for a reason. He cant cover anybody and he tackles like a girl. Seriously, how does a MLB go a whole season without a single pass defended?

AJ Hawk is still on the team, Finley is still on the team, Kuhn is still on the team. Imagine what packers could do he they had those guys money to spend on positions of need.

If I was a betting man, I would be on Packers luck running out this season. No more soft schedule. No more relying on Rodgers to carry the whole team. I would be shocked if Pack make the playoffs this year, unless Ted has some crazy plan on draft day and manages to get a bunch of studs in early rounds, which he has failed to do for last 2-3 years. The one year he traded up in draft was the year we won superbowl.

Other than the Texans game, everytime the pack played a good team they got their butts whipped. It hard to scheme around the fact that your team is composed of overachieving grinders, and the other team is composed of dominant overly talently athetic freaks. Packers need some freaks.

If he doesnt sign any FA, he better trade up in the first round and get a dominant player. Best move pack could make is to trade up for Chance Warmack. He is the best player in the draft and best OL prospect in ten years. He is the biggest reason why Alabama won 3 national titles.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a diference between over spending and being cheap..TT is CHEAP imo. Improve the dang defense please!! The NFC is going to be no joke. Go get, Woodson back, Ed Reed, or even Urlacher, heck sombody to help the defense geeze. You face the Falcons now with Stevn Jackson and those Wr's and no pass rush and see what happens.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea don't know if I'd say he's cheap. He seems capable of spending money on his own guys. He just seems to really have a problem when it comes to competing with other teams for a player. I mean AJ Hawk got a fantastic deal for the caliber player he is, but man that money could have been spent in free agency on a player who could have actually made a difference.

Its tough. ..lots of times fa don't work the way people think it will...for a lot of reasons. But teams like the 9ers, Giants and Patriots seem to be able to draft well while also moderately participating in fa. I don't understand why Ted can't do the same.

This team seems to be slowly getting worse and he isn't really doing much to change that aside from sticking with the status quo. But hey...its just the way he is.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious... How can the GM be cheap when he's about to make 2 players on the team the highest paid players at their positions?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson got 3/$12M from Atlanta. Assuming he wanted to go there all along, which it sounds like he did, it probably would have taken a big overbid of at least 3/$15M for us to get him. Yeah, no thanks.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
TT prefers the second wave of FA's. Plus I would want a drafted young back and not a 29 year old back who can't play 16 games cuz ST. Louis used all his tread by losing games.

Members online

Latest posts