1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this professional management?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bus Cook, Sep 23, 2013.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +880
    Bus, people are trying to tell you something here. Yet you respond with another insult. No one has called you a hypocrite. Lots of other words, yes, but not "hypocrite". Yet.

Back to your thread: I agree with Jack's great post. It's quite a challenge to find a better winning organization in all of the NFL since TT joined the team. I share many of the others' frustrations with McCarthy's often poor play call. I would love for TT to more often jump into the FA market and grab a key player. And, I have already posted a comparison of our OL versus other top teams OL in regards to original draft round and seniority (and the Packers are dramatically lower than everyone else). TT also has not done amazingly well with many of his 1st round draft selections, whether just slow starters or possible busts or due to crazy injuries.

The Packers need to improve. Excellence is not a destination, rather a pursuit. But, let's be aware that TT and the Packer organization are pretty close to the top compared to the other clubs.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +880
    Oops, upon a reread of Jack's post, I noticed he called Bus a hypocrite. Nevermind that sentence above about not being called a hypocrite. :p

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,294
    PFanCan,

That's right, in my post I wrote, “You are fortunate that the standard you hypocritically attempt to apply to Packers’ management is not applied to posters.” One definition of a hypocrite is a person who puts on a false appearance. In the “stud RB” thread you pointed out that the poster in question first called the Packers lack of a stud RB ‘not impressive’, then ‘concerning’ and then upon being challenged said he thought it “odd”. I find that hypocritical because he is attempting to deflect - or give a false appearance of - his hatred for Thompson.
    http://www.packerforum.com/threads/have-the-packers-ever-had-a-stud-back.46670/page-2#post-515290

What I find most interesting about his reply was the use of the word "hypocritically" was all he really challenged from my post.
    If you are coming from an agenda based upon hatred for Thompson, then IMO you are in the same sad boat he is in. If not, IMO you err in using the word "we".

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    I thought a smurf is a "multiple I.D." a troll is just an ******* causing trouble

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I think the cowboys of the 90's had the best..