Is the Lambeau Leap becoming a thing of the past?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to think so. I was at the game and with five touchdowns yesterday and only one leap, by Aaron Rodgers of all people. I realize Jordy doesn't do it anymore most likely because of the knee, but Adams and Richard Rodgers didn't either. There's been less of them all year. The Vikings had just as many leaps as us with only one meaningful touchdown and that makes me sick.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to think so. I was at the game and with five touchdowns yesterday and only one leap, by Aaron Rodgers of all people. I realize Jordy doesn't do it anymore most likely because of the knee, but Adams and Richard Rodgers didn't either. There's been less of them all year. The Vikings had just as many leaps as us with only one meaningful touchdown and that makes me sick.

I don't think it's a thing of the past. It's just some guys get caught up in the emotion of the moment and don't think about it. In jordys case I think you saw all the emotion of having a great year and being a pro bowl snub. He wants to show the NFL that he's "back" and he's to be recognized again as one of the leagues top WRs.

As for Adams? I think his was just relief that he caught the pass haha. But it's slippery over there. Gotta be careful on that surface trying to leap into the crowd.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed a few years back that the leap tends to decrease last few games of the season. Seems to be a younger guy, early season thing.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Well, it has become passé. Expected. So, now it is an obligation on the players, rather than something fun and spontaneous. It therefore inevitably must go away, like bellbottom jeans...it is the way of the world. I'm cool with it going away.

Now, if I can just convince the Packers to kill off that stupid "bang on a drum all day" electronica polka crap song they play after touchdowns. My replacement song would be "Money" by the Beatles...Lennon screaming "That's what I want!" fits very well with the Packers scoring touchdowns.

Sky King

Reaction score
Maybe they don't want their uniforms to smell like beer for the rest of the game. And the way Rodgers was being held by that woman (when he did his leap) a bucket of cold beer thrown on her might have been appropriate.

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, if I can just convince the Packers to kill off that stupid "bang on a drum all day" electronica polka crap song they play after touchdowns. My replacement song would be "Money" by the Beatles...Lennon screaming "That's what I want!" fits very well with the Packers scoring touchdowns.[/QUOTE]

Do they play "Macarena" any more or was that a 90's thing ?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think its more special when it does happen! Love that #12 did it this time... I do have to say that I find it beyond obnoxious when other teams try it though... but what is the old saying? "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ..

Somehow I don't feel that way when it comes to the Lambeau Leap.
*replace "I" with we, and "me" with US!* lol.. should of just made a new meme!!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, if I can just convince the Packers to kill off that stupid "bang on a drum all day" electronica polka crap song they play after touchdowns. My replacement song would be "Money" by the Beatles...Lennon screaming "That's what I want!" fits very well with the Packers scoring touchdowns.

Do they play "Macarena" any more or was that a 90's thing ?

[/QUOTE]

Despite your awesome screen name and avatar you are now on ignore for reminding me of that stupid song.

Just kidding of course...but be careful

H

HardRightEdge

That's not "electronica polka crap". It's Tod Rundgren, which is something quite different. But I agree, it's getting long in the tooth. I seem to recall dancing to it on a Bryce Paup sack. That's a long time to beat one song to death.

"Money"? That would probably draw a fine from the league office. The NFL wants fans to think as little as possible about money: what they make, what players make, what you pay. Associating TDs with paychecks is not a suggestion they would like to make. Besides, you'd have guys raising hands and rubbing thumbs across fingertips. Very unseemly.

How about a tape loop cut up of Ray Scott over a hip hop beat? That could be sweet.;)

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is only a thing of the past if the Pack stops scoring touchdowns.....and I don't see that happening! I personally would like to see them have a bunch of LL's next Monday night!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?? so.... after playing in Detroit on Sunday night... you want them to suit up and jump into the empty stands at Lambeau the following night? lol

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
That's not "electronica polka crap". It's Tod Rundgren, which is something quite different. But I agree, it's getting long in the tooth. I seem to recall dancing to it on a Bryce Paup sack. That's a long time to beat one song to death.

"Money"? That would probably draw a fine from the league office. The NFL wants fans to think as little as possible about money: what they make, what players make, what you pay. Associating TDs with paychecks is not a suggestion they would like to make. Besides, you'd have guys raising hands and rubbing thumbs across fingertips. Very unseemly.

How about a tape loop cut up of Ray Scott over a hip hop beat? That could be sweet.;)

I actually think the players would love the association of TD's with paychecks and the fans would be amused by their antics as you portrayed them. Screw the league office and Roger Goodell - they have no say in this. Look at the filth they have allowed at Super Bowl halftime shows. Who are they to complain about an innocuous Beatles song? Besides folks in WI cheerfully fork over tons of $ for a piece "stockholder" paper, the "Money" song would have no negative effect in GB.

But, I'm flexible, how about "The Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin? "We come from the land of the ice and snow" is perfect for Froze Tundra TD's.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think the players would love the association of TD's with paychecks and the fans would be amused by their antics as you portrayed them. Screw the league office and Roger Goodell - they have no say in this. Look at the filth they have allowed at Super Bowl halftime shows. Who are they to complain about an innocuous Beatles song? Besides folks in WI cheerfully fork over tons of $ for a piece "stockholder" paper, the "Money" song would have no negative effect in GB.

But, I'm flexible, how about "The Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin? "We come from the land of the ice and snow" is perfect for Froze Tundra TD's.
it's already used by those yahoos to the west

Members online

Latest posts