Is it too early to look forward to week 1 vs the 49ers?

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great game this is going to be, could be a preview of the NFC Championship. Even though the game wont mean as much since its week 1, but since its the first game of the season, both teams are going to come out playing for bragging rights and looking for that big W to start the season. 49ers have everything in place for another superbowl run. Adding moss could be a big addition, as well as mario manningham, adding v.davis to that as well. Now they have some wrs for Smith to throw too. Backfield with gore and jacobs is scary, especially if our defense plays like last year. There defense is #1 in the league.

On defense, we got to shut down the run early, make them throw the ball. Hopefully we can get pressure on Smith to make him throw some turnovers, which I think we will force 3 ints from him. But if they start running over us, it will be very tough to stop this offense.

On offense, It starts up front. 49ers have an insane pass rush, and our line is going to have to protect our franchise qb. There secondary isnt that strong, so if Rodgers has time he will have alot of oppurtunities to carve it up. I see us running an average amount, with some draws. Gotta keep that defense honest. Hopefully people dont bash our run game after 1 game, because its going to be tough to run on this team.

Key factors:Defense
Stopping 49ers Run Attack
Getting pressure On Smith

Key factors:Offense
Offensive pass blocking(Keeping A.R clean)
Win Turnover Battle(protect the ball)

Question of the thread

Will the packers no huddle offense slow down the 49ers pass rush?

Final Prediction

27-17 Packers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely feel like the battle will be for tempo. Whoever can control the tempo will win. Two very distinct styles of play.

OP
OP
JTheGreat

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much will this game mean? It actually could hold a tiebreaker for a bye or not...

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
What a great game this is going to be, could be a preview of the NFC Championship. Even though the game wont mean as much since its week 1, but since its the first game of the season, both teams are going to come out playing for bragging rights and looking for that big W to start the season. 49ers have everything in place for another superbowl run. Adding moss could be a big addition, as well as mario manningham, adding v.davis to that as well. Now they have some wrs for Smith to throw too. Backfield with gore and jacobs is scary, especially if our defense plays like last year. There defense is #1 in the league.

On defense, we got to shut down the run early, make them throw the ball. Hopefully we can get pressure on Smith to make him throw some turnovers, which I think we will force 3 ints from him. But if they start running over us, it will be very tough to stop this offense.

On offense, It starts up front. 49ers have an insane pass rush, and our line is going to have to protect our franchise qb. There secondary isnt that strong, so if Rodgers has time he will have alot of oppurtunities to carve it up. I see us running an average amount, with some draws. Gotta keep that defense honest. Hopefully people dont bash our run game after 1 game, because its going to be tough to run on this team.

Key factors:Defense
Stopping 49ers Run Attack
Getting pressure On Smith

Key factors:Offense
Offensive pass blocking(Keeping A.R clean)
Win Turnover Battle(protect the ball)

Question of the thread

Will the packers no huddle offense slow down the 49ers pass rush?

Final Prediction

27-17 Packers

No doubt it will be a great game and both teams will come out hungry and fire in their eyes, but I think the biggest key in this game is Rodgers getting pass protection because if he's on his back all game we won't win this game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never too early to discuss Week 1. It's hard to argue with most of your points. This will be too years in a row with the NFL scheduling blockbuster games for the Pack in Week 1. It's a great way to start the season and could be the key to Rodger's fast start....get the juices flowing early

OP
OP
JTheGreat

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt it will be a great game and both teams will come out hungry and fire in their eyes, but I think the biggest key in this game is Rodgers getting pass protection because if he's on his back all game we won't win this game.

I agree their secondary isnt as strong, so If we can give Rodgers some time, we should be able to move the ball on them pretty easily. 49ers will get there pressure though, will it be enough to distrupt rodgers and company is the question though.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I agree their secondary isnt as strong, so If we can give Rodgers some time, we should be able to move the ball on them pretty easily. 49ers will get there pressure though, will it be enough to distrupt rodgers and company is the question though.

Yea man Arron showed that they don't have the strongest secondary last season by picking them apart and if he can get some time I'm very confidant that he can do it again, the only way we won't get this W is by the defense not showing up to play because Alex Smith has been playing lights out and he has a pretty good receiving core and Frank Gore is a monster, so a lot rides on Aaron Rodgers getting the protection he needs but also the defense playing somewhat well.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Niners will be the standard to beat (after the Packers) for the year. Beat them, you can beat anybody.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith only threw 17 TDs last yr & their D was the biggest reason they got as far as they got. We keep Rodgers verticle & we win. Finale score 31-17 Packers. Our D has a lot to prove & if Perry steps up + others we'll be good

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Smith only threw 17 TDs last yr & their D was the biggest reason they got as far as they got. We keep Rodgers verticle & we win. Finale score 31-17 Packers. Our D has a lot to prove & if Perry steps up + others we'll be good

Don't forget they brought in some "real" receivers for Smith this year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never too early to look forward to it. Don't underestimate the 49'ers. I think next to the Saints, they are our toughest competition in the NFC. If they can pick up where they left off they are going to be tough to beat.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Never too early to look forward to it. Don't underestimate the 49'ers. I think next to the Saints, they are our toughest competition in the NFC. If they can pick up where they left off they are going to be tough to beat.

yea I think its really going to depend upon how will the niners secondary can play, and how well the Packers o-line can protect Rodgers

W

wxman2003

49ers will take a step back. They will win their division by default with a 9-7 record. 49ers were a fluke last year. They won't sweep Seattle and will have a tough time against the NFC North and AFC East plus Giants and Saints. This year they play a lot of teams with offensive power. Not like last year. They will be exposed and will just be an average defense when it's all over.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget they brought in some "real" receivers for Smith this year.
Moss is still good but not great. He never reached his full potential. Manningham is good but not great. I believe Davis left & is playing for someone else. Worst case scenario they go 10-6. Best case they go 12-4. I'll be generous & say Smith throws 25 TDs w/no over but a possibility of 16 for a low

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Niners will be the standard to beat (after the Packers) for the year. Beat them, you can beat anybody.

I was thinking Manningham really stung the Pack last year. Also reports out of camp are that Moss has been participating hard and playing very well. He seems motivated by Harbaugh's personality. That's bad news for other teams.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching what our d-line has done this last game,think we win the 49ers game,o-line I think Benson is going to be a big help.I know it's preseason but but they gave a taste of what's to come and I think Perry will have a good season.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not the Superbowl Champs? They looked pretty good last night against the bears.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we have all said, this is going to be a tough game. You would be foolish to disagree. Also, it is never too early to look forward to the first game of the season.

Someone mentioned that we have to make sure the O-line keeps Rodgers upright and in throwing position. I completely agree, and of course that is the case with every game. However, I will say this: San Diego in PSW1 did a REALLY good job of getting to Rodgers, and it threw him off. Granted there were some new O-lineman, it did happen.

I feel like we can go toe-to-toe with their running game now, with the addition of Benson, and a little bit of Alex Green. On the opposite side of the coin, I feel like now they can finally go toe-to-toe with our passing game. Well, let me say they can ALMOST go toe-to-toe. They have some really good receivers now, and almost have a similar situation to what we have going on. Cover Davis, and Moss will get ya, focus on Moss and Manningham will get ya, focus on all three of them and Crabtree will burn you. The prime difference is the QB. We have a top notch, grade AAA, MVP, Super Bowl champion of a QB in Aaron Rodgers. He can run, pass, thread the needle...do it all. Alex Smith I see as more of a medium to good QB.

Defense is a whole different issue. I feel like we have the talent to be a top defense but we just have to wait and see. Our defense went from one of the best to one of the worst fairly quick. Maybe that will happen to the 49ers?

God I love the Green Bay Packers so much! I mean, sure I like other players from other teams. Yeah, Adrian Peterson is exciting to watch, and Cam Newton is a human highlight reel. I LOVE watching Eli Manning (or anyone really...however in our regular season game with him I hope we get the much deserved payback!) shred the Cowboys apart and seeing my father in law just lose it. However, no one team beats the Packers. I just their small-townness, their traditions and their philosophy! Growing up I could have easily ended up a Rams, 49ers, Raiders, or Cowboys fan but I am so glad I just never leaned that way. I discovered the Pack at age 9ish and never let them go. GREEN AND GOLD FOREVER!!!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our pass blocking was lacking against 3 preseason opponents it will have to make a giant leap against this team.
ARod just cannot expect to run for 100 yards and stay off the turf. Benson could be the key here. Most teams figure they can shut our running attack down. If Benson can spring a few it might set up the play action which would give ARod some time.
On the other side of the ball Smith has some targets this season he did not have before. Harbaugh will be a little more aggressive this season. If we don't get any pressure Smith can be as good as any other passer. If we do get some pressure look for Smith to dump it off to one of his backs. We'll definitely miss Bishop. Hawk, if we ever needed you to get your number called out it will be this game. Niners don't turn it over except on special teams. Let's hope our gunners force a couple.
This is indeed a big game because the momentum for this tough 4 game stretch starts here. A win is the best medicine going up against the Bears 4 nights later. It can act as a springboard of confidence for our young players for the 1st quarter. A loss at Lambeau could be devastating. It will give the Bears and several other opponents the confidence that they can come into our place and put us on the deck.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Not the Superbowl Champs? They looked pretty good last night against the bears.

They didn't look that good. Cutler had guys wide open and couldn't hit them. The Giants struggled off and on. If it hadn't been for some fortunate calls and one uncalled safety, the Giants wouldn't have been close.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
U don't know what u have until it's gone. I believe that is how we will feel w/these new refs. MN K can expect to see a fine soon. As well as Vanden Bosh for the Lions. I wish I had stock in the Packers so I could complain just to see if Goodell would fine me as well.

Members online

Latest posts