Is Favre the best of all time?

BlastMagazine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been quite a debate lately. Rob needs support on this one and I thought you guys would be good on this. The Elway people are hammering him. He does make some pretty good points, but don't tell him I said that. Would love to get your thoughts, Packer fans are good fans.

blastmagazineblogs.com/sports/2008/03/07/rob-murie-brett-favre-is-the-all-time-great/

OP
OP
B

BlastMagazine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't let me post the regular link. So you'd have to copy and paste. It's ok, I don't want Rob getting support. Favre is unquestionably the man. My argument against him is that I think he's a bit overrated. Maybe this works:

http://blastmagazineblogs.com/sports/2008/03/07/rob-murie-brett-favre-is-the-all-time-great/

Don't take that the wrong way. Overrated doesn't mean bad, or anything less than stellar. I am a HUGE Jimi Hendrix fan, but I think he's overrated. He's on the cover of just about every issue of Guitar World magazine. Jimi had his flaws, but that doesn't mean he wasn't the greatest of all time.

I love Favre. I think he's just amazing. But I can't stand the treatment by Madden and ESPN. He's great, I get that. But they talk about him like he can heal starving, sick children just by looking at them. This argument ****** Rob off. And he's a Cowboys fan.

For the record, I happen to be an Eagles fan. But I do own a Don Majkowski jersey. I loved that jersey. I may get a James Jones at some point.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw Elway. The fact that he wouldn't play where he was drafted makes him a ****. The Elway fans didn't seem to mention that he lost 3 straight Super Bowls with a good defense behind him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw Elway. The fact that he wouldn't play where he was drafted makes him a ****. The Elway fans didn't seem to mention that he lost 3 straight Super Bowls with a good defense behind him.

Elway absolutely SUCKED in Super Bowls. he was horrid. I'm sick of all the Elway praise and the Favre bashing.

One stat I did hear on the ESPN show “Mike and Mike in the Morning” that I thought was a pretty good indicator of how good Favre was is that the Packers have the highest win % of any team in the NFL since Favre took over in 1992. He might not have a lot of Super Bowl rings, but that stat is pretty impressive. Keep in mind that #4 played during the Cowboys run in the 90’s and the Patriots run in the 2000’s.

I like this quote. Yes, Cowboys were the dominant team of the 90s and the Patriots were the dominant team of the 00s, but still the Packers had the best win %. That's really saying something.

But without risk there would be no reward.

Very true. It's like some guy who invests only in bonds who says "I never go down any year." Big deal, you're barely keeping above inflation. The big winners are the ones who were aggressive in life, not the one who never took risks. It can be applied to sports, to investing, and to meeting women. It's along the lines of some guy at a bar saying "I never got rejected by a woman" when he never asked one out. A loser.

Brett Favre was a winner. He did what it took to win. Sometimes it was ugly, but it had to be done. I'd rather lose in a shootout than lose being bored to death by being ultra-conservative.

Favre is the greatest QB ever to play the game, or at least I can say the greatest since '76 since I started following football. You can argue someone before '76 was better and I won't argue because for me, not enough info. Anyone after '76, I've watched and Favre's better.

Members online

Latest posts