Is Eli the best road QB in the NFL?

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate's a strong word. Since all of you are convinced that Eli is so much better than Rodgers...annoying is more the word that comes to mind.

See, the problem with some of you Packers fans is if anyone even compares a player to one of your players, or a team to your team it's looked at as this big sign of disrespect. Before the game it was "how dare you compare your 9-7 team to our 15-1 powerhouse". Seeing the same thing again here.

You comment as if this board is being taken over by people who say Eli is a God and Rodgers is crap. It's just not the case.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-rod had one good playoff run and he is likely to have many more.

How many playoff runs has Eli had? How many has he been successful at? how many SB rings does he have? 1? how many playoff runs has Rodgers had? In less years than ELi, how many SB rings does Rodgers have? 1? Hmmm, seems to be even.

I'm glad you'd take Eli any day in a big game. I wouldn't.
watch this game from sunday btwn the giants and packers and tell me what you think....you packer fans are still in denial...you were wrong before the game and your wrong after...you sound like a bitter homer at this point......lol

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch this game from sunday btwn the giants and packers and tell me what you think....you packer fans are still in denial...you were wrong before the game and your wrong after...you sound like a bitter homer at this point......lol

pick your battles better. There are plenty of objective fans on here, and then there are some who are not. If a Packers fan still questions Eli's abilities after watching him hang 37 on their team on Sunday then it's not worth your time. Just my .02

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers Defense was horrible. How is that a reflection on Aaron Rodgers?? I don't understand all this hate toward Rodgers, if the Defense had not stopped him and his damn recievers(Freaking Finley) had caught their passes and kept them in their hands the game would have been tied or a close victory in the 4th q.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah ok so one game and that clinches it. I guess that what Rodgers did last season was a fluke and that he won't be doing that again?

GiantsFan2012: so despite what you said before, you're actually agreeing with Farvee boy that Eli is better than Rodgers and this game proves it...some objectivity.

I seriously doubt that last year will be Rodgers only great year in the playoffs...and if you two think that you really are the homers.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah ok so one game and that clinches it. I guess that what Rodgers did last season was a fluke and that he won't be doing that again?

GiantsFan2012: so despite what you said before, you're actually agreeing with Farvee boy that Eli is better than Rodgers and this game proves it...some objectivity.

I seriously doubt that last year will be Rodgers only great year in the playoffs...and if you two think that you really are the homers.

I think they are both great QBs. We love our guy, you love yours. Don't understand why there needs to be a debate over who is better. Neither side is clamoring to give up their guy for the other.

I find it funny some of you demand respect for Rodgers but find every excuse under the sun to avoid giving Eli his credit. It doesn't bother me, at all, to be honest. Eli's my guy, I've watched him mature from the QB getting pushed over by di.ckbags like Tiki and Shockey to the guy everyone looks to for leadership. Whether or not other teams like, or respect him is irrelevant to me.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See here's the thing. Over his career there have been playoff games where Eli's performance hasn't exactly been great. The same is true of Brady. And I'll bet that after those games you had a bunch of nay-sayers singing nah,nah-nah, nah-nah, nah, Eli sucks! Brady sucks! Just like some of you are doing with Rodgers. And guess what? Neither Eli's career nor Brady's career ended with that sucky playoff performance. They bounced back. And guess what? I just have this funny feeling that Rodgers will too, and he's likely to have some truly great playoff runs before his time in this league is done, more than a few I'll bet.

Very few of us are dissing Eli. Many of us said coming into this game that we thought that the Giants may be the toughest opponent we'll face--one of the reasons being that they have a great QB. Where is the disrespect?

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree 100%.

See here's the thing. Over his career there have been playoff games where Eli's performance hasn't exactly been great. The same is true of Brady. And I'll bet that after those games you had a bunch of nay-sayers singing nah,nah-nah, nah-nah, nah, Eli sucks! Brady sucks! Just like some of you are doing with Rodgers. And guess what? Neither Eli's career nor Brady's career ended with that sucky playoff performance. They bounced back. And guess what? I just have this funny feeling that Rodgers will too, and he's likely to have some truly great playoff runs before his time in this league is done, more than a few I'll bet.

Very few of us are dissing Eli. Many of us said coming into this game that we thought that the Giants may be the toughest opponent we'll face--one of the reasons being that they have a great QB. Where is the disrespect?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts