Is Eli the best road QB in the NFL?

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Giants were in the playoffs every year, but I guess once every four years is acceptable... *****
serious question...how tough was it to watch your team beaten up like they were on sunday? even with the refs giving you 14pts the packers still lost by 17...i love it

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a team game.

Rodgers is a huge talent. I think Eli is very underrated though and especially dangerous as an underdog. I actually won't be suprised if Manning/Rodgers don't go head to head in critical meetings for the next several years a la Peyton/Tom. They are close enough in age to make a legit QB rivalry.
good point as always..i love you

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
serious question...how tough was it to watch your team beaten up like they were on sunday? even with the refs giving you 14pts the packers still lost by 17...i love it

Awe... Is somebody getting upset? :( *****

Congrats! The Giants won a divisional playoff game. If you don't win the next two games, the win against the Packers means nothing.... LMAO

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awe... Is somebody getting upset? :( *****

Congrats! The Giants won a divisional playoff game. If you don't win the next two games, the win against the Packers means nothing.... LMAO
it means the giants had a better season and in a win or go home game in green bay the giants were the tougher more physical team and beat the pack in every way to be honest...hey go read up on draft picks....your season is over...let the real fans talk football on these boards....yes

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it means the giants had a better season and in a win or go home game in green bay the giants were the tougher more physical team and beat the pack in every way to be honest...hey go read up on draft picks....your season is over...let the real fans talk football on these boards....yes

When the Giants don't win the Super Bowl, I will be sure to contact the NFL to put an * next to the season to note: Even though they did not win the Super Bowl, the Giants had a "better season" than the Packers.... *****.... LMAO

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Giants don't win the Super Bowl, I will be sure to contact the NFL to put an * next to the season to note: Even though they did not win the Super Bowl, the Giants had a "better season" than the Packers.... *****.... LMAO
contact espn..u seem to live and die but what they say.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
u showed ur homersism in ur first post..i was just trying to help..u seem like a lost cause........ok good talk im gonna go on the main boards and talk about big blue

For such an intelligent guy, I find it amazing that nobody is anwering you on the ShoutBox... Nothing like being ignored for a full 24 hours! *****.... LMAO... LOL

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For such an intelligent guy, I find it amazing that nobody is anwering you on the ShoutBox... Nothing like being ignored for a full 24 hours! *****.... LMAO... LOL
im not looking for attention..just giving my cents about being excited for the game...is that why you post for attention?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Key to the Giants/Niners is probably the o lines. I am not sure how well the Giants o line did against the Niners in the first meeting. I don't remember.

I do know the Niners o line can struggle vs. a good pass rush. They got hammered by the Ravens pass rush and the Steelers D was a bit overrated. James Harrison was out for that game vs. the Niners and Woodley was limited with a hammy. The Steelers who ended the year were the walking dead anyway.

Niners o line is built to run block. They are not top pass blockers.

Interesting. Ravens at Pats. Pats should win. I just find it interesting that the Ravens are second in the league in holding TEs this year. Thats interesting. The Broncos are at the bottom of the league. I don't know how the Ravens do against two TE sets but they have a D built to give the Pats matchup nightmares if they show up. Pats game depends on Flacco. If he shows up (and he did last year in NE with 2 TDs and a 119 QB rating) then the Ravens are going to have a shot to win. They can run the ball on the Pats with Rice. Everyone gives Flacco a rough time but he just played a top 5 D in the Texans and finished with a decent game. The Texans can stop the run.

If the Ravens play their cards right they have opportunities to exploit NE much like the Steelers/Giants did and the Jets last year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pats look pretty unstoppable right now. Gronkowski looks unreal (can't be covered) and the coaches are still adding new wrinkles to the offense (such as putting Hernandez in the backfield).

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pats look pretty unstoppable right now. Gronkowski looks unreal (can't be covered) and the coaches are still adding new wrinkles to the offense (such as putting Hernandez in the backfield).
the thing is hernandez is an all pro TE in his own rite..u add welker into the mix..that team is a nightmare to defend imo.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing is hernandez is an all pro TE in his own rite..u add welker into the mix..that team is a nightmare to defend imo.

I know you can't judge a team based off a game against Denver, but New England just looks a step above everybody right now. Gronk, Hernandez and Welker are nightmares. If Chad Johnson/OchoStinko ever gets his head straight, he'll make this offense unstoppable.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you can't judge a team based off a game against Denver, but New England just looks a step above everybody right now. Gronk, Hernandez and Welker are nightmares. If Chad Johnson/OchoStinko ever gets his head straight, he'll make this offense unstoppable.
i personally cant stand ocho but he can stretch the field...branch has looked good too...if the giant beat the niners..which is a big if, i dont wanna see the pats again..giants have their number lately and thats not a good thing.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Agree. The Pats two TEs are a *****. Welker though this season has showed he can be contained. I still don't fear Branch. He has his moments but less then the others. I also don't fear the interior of the Pats o line. They lost their starting center week 1 and the Ravens can maybe get pressure up the middle.

It depends on Flacco and the Ravens offense, ugh. They will have to burn the clock with the run and Flacco will have to make smart decisions. Flacco has all the tools to be a top QB but lacks the brains. But, this is for sure a lesser D then Houston/Pittsburgh/SF/Cincy and other teams the Ravens have beaten this year.

If it comes to a shootout the Ravens are toast. If the Ravens can make the Pats play an ugly game the Ravens can win.

I am not convinced though it's a blowout for the Pats. The Ravens have plenty of big game experience and hunger themselves. They are not Denver/Buffalo/Miami.

Really odd that Bernard Pollard is on the Ravens. The guy who tore the knees of Brady/Welker. The Ravens might want to use him to roam around to get in Brady's head a bit.

I wanted anyone BUT the Pats/Ravens/Steelers in the SB. This sucks. Thanks Schaub for getting hurt for the season. Texans were my SB pick before Schaub went out. They had all the pieces on both sides.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how much some of these Packer fans HATE Eli. Boo's on the road are cheers at home.

bELIeve.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the gap btwn eli and a-fraud is closer then the one btwn brees and smith...a-rod had one good playoff run....eli is on his way to his 2nd super bowl possibly...ill take eli in a big game anytime over rodgers...just ask tom brady.......lmao

A-rod had one good playoff run and he is likely to have many more.

How many playoff runs has Eli had? How many has he been successful at? how many SB rings does he have? 1? how many playoff runs has Rodgers had? In less years than ELi, how many SB rings does Rodgers have? 1? Hmmm, seems to be even.

I'm glad you'd take Eli any day in a big game. I wouldn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts