1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sick to my stomach....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackwillBEback, Jan 22, 2008.

1. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    I'm still not over this....at the very least we have to wait a YEAR before we match this point again.......honestly....ridiculous....im sick of it...false hope

2. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    it is hard i will agree i think its hard because like the team we had high hopes and i think we are feeling what the players must be feeling,which is why it is so hard,and untill the s.b. is over really i dont think getting over it will be easy,just know that next year will be here before we know it and think it will be a great year :)

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Man.. if you had to experience the 70's and 80's football in Green Bay.. you would treasure every second of this season.

Prepare for the AF.. After Favre.. you think this is ridiculous.. just wait.. this generation of fans are spoiled with consistency at QB.. wait til we experience injuries at the position and have to play 2nd and 3rd stringers to win games.. guys that are AFL caliber running the team.. no Not Rodgers but the 3rd stringers that will wind up playing because of injuries or lack of production..

At least it will cull out the bandwagon or Favre fans ... heck maybe I will be able to take the kids to a couple of game because some are "sick of it."

Sorry for the rant..

4. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    93z: That pretty much puts it into perspective;). TM

5. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It is hard but honestally, all the fans were tinking that we would just get to play the patriots completly overlooking the giants. I think some of the players adopted that mentality.

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Post of the post-season

7. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's see...it's Tuesday. Nope, not feeling any better:(.

8. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am over it quickly surprisingly

9. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol: Me either. It will take awhile, but hang in there!

10. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and watching the media day on nfl network all week with the giants players talking and answering questions about anything and everything. all i can think is man it would of been great to see my team up there having a great time. thats what really kills me. and seein the giants presented with the nfc championship trophy and wearing the nfc champs hats. once again just think man if that was favre holding that trophy or driver wearing that hat. and then of cource the game is gonna be bad to.

11. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel less depressed than I did yesterday--but STILL pretty depressed. I take these things hard. I'm surprised how many people here said they were already recovered a day after the loss. To each his own, I guess.

Part of it is I don't have a lot of things to distract me right now. I was watching Australian Open tennis last night, and it was hard to keep my eyes off the crawl at the bottom of the screen when they were flashing news about the NFL. Maybe I should put a piece of masking tape over it. That wouldn't be crazy, would it?

It doesn't help that I was at the game and my cheeks still feel a little raw from the cold.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    AMEN Pack93z!!!!
    PREACH it brother!!!! 8)

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Greg......am i still bummed about the loss??? Heck yes!!! But we made it farther then most teams, got to see our beloved Packers win the division, win against Seattle, and unfortunatly get derailed at the end. But it was a hell of a ride, wouldn't you say??? I myself won't get over it till the (i don't even like to say it) super bowl is over. Thats when i will look forward again to the OTA's, training camp, and all.

14. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, when the Super Bowl is over and the post-game hype has died down, I can start looking ahead. I'll be sticking up for the Giants, and I think they have a real shot at beating the Patriots, although if the Giants win I might feel even WORSE, because the Packers came so close to beating them.

15. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yup we were the final four and not a heavy favorite at all coming into the season. we have no shame

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly. We proved just about everyone wrong.

17. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Ok...I'm feeling better....I know there can be much worse seasons....just the expectations rise...hope rises....you are at home for the NFC championship, you kill the team you played earlier in the year....everything goes your way....you get two extra lives....and the man that led us to the point, takes us out.....it just is annoying *** all hell....

i'm still way depressed, but still an amazing year....that is why it sucks...

18. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    like I said ya we lost, but I still rep my packers stuff just as proud as if they would of won the NFC!! well I prolly would of been happier though LOL

GO PACK GO

19. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya we did win 35-13 in NY, but the giants were not clickin yet

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Who else feels this season went by SUPER FAST?

21. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - it was gone in a blink. That's what happens when your team is winning I think.

22. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it went by way too fast! it feels like the thanksgiving day game against detroit was just 2 weeks ago

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    for me feels that way for the DENVER game

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    For me each year seems to go by faster. I think getting older does that.

25. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Cheesy, when I was younger the time seemed to go by so slow, now that I am older the days wizz by and there seems to be not much time in a day to get all the things done that I need to. But sometimes I think its just living in CA that does this to you because the pace is so much faster out here, its not lay back thats for sure.

Now the wait begins once again, I am lost without Football on the weekends.