1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm moving on. Next year...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Yeah, i'm moving ahead. No sense dwelling on the Cardinals game.

This team is close. They're CB depth and one or two OL away. Frankly, i'm satisfied with how this year went. We went from 6-10 to a playoff team, that's quite an accomplishment. Next year though, with the necessary additions that I just mentioned i'm expecting no less than Super Bowl contention. Clearly we have the offense, and if we can get Jarett Bush out of coverage who knows? Obviously whether Thompson is going to fix those things remains to be seen, but honestly next year could really be our year.

Where's the Super Bowl next year? Book a hotel room, i'm calling it a year early.

2. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Adopting a Cubs fan's mantra, I see???

3. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

GO SOX!

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Damn right.

You don't think there's some sort of Favre curse similar to the Red Sox Curse of the Bambino, do you?

I just scared myself. Lol.

5. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    No, no Favre curse. May a Ron Wolf curse?!?! :)

6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Well TT does have some critical decision making to do starting this monday. I for one am not too worried about this O-line at all. Did you see how TJ Lang stepped up? I doubt the Packers will turn to Pat Lee and Will Blackmon for the future at CB so I think after today our biggest draft need switched from O line to CB.

7. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm worried about the O-line and I will worry until we see more balance on offense. The problem is, TT isn't worried and every year he puts off the inevitable is one year he is wasting the finite services of a top-notch NFL QB.

Imagine if Clifton calls it quits now and Tauscher? It's back to square one with a poke-n-hope style of problem solving. Throw enough 4th+ round picks at the wall to find out which one sticks. I'm freakin' tired of it - I really am.

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    What's more frustrating to me at least is the amount of hits teams seem to find from drafting an OL high. Michael Oher this year has been fantastic, Jake Long, Joe Thomas, first round OL are really producing and becoming the surest position you can draft.

Of course we're the organization that took Tony Mandarich so if anyone can eff it up we can, but still.

9. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I agree that we are only a couple of positions away from being a real good Superbowl contending team. We need some major depth at CB, but GOOD depth, not just bodies in the way trying to defend.

Oh, and the SB is in Dallas next year.

10. Eclipse612

Eclipse612 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think if we start talking about next year the first step is: who do you bring back? Who do you let go?

11. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Really all you can do with a solid season like we had and just an upsetting loss during our first Aaron Rodgers led playoff game. Next year is going to be a good year, time to focus on the draft. :)

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I'm very rarely right, so this feels different. :icon_lol:

• Like Like x 6
  13. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    You called it! And Hauschild is still the biggest tool ever.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    minus the jarrett bush part :) He came up big

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481

LOL I sent him an email 2 minutes ago saying we miss him

• Like Like x 4
  16. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    haha thats ace :)

17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,801

Yes Hauschild, please come back.
    We need your infinite wisdom to guide us unknowing lost children out of the darkness.
    You, and only you can help us see the light based on how right you are each and every time.
    I have no direction. I don't know what to do. If only Hauschild were here to help guide me and to show me the errors of my ways of being a Packers fan!

18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I've come to accept the Arizona game as a wake up call.

We needed it.

Before anyone jumps me on this, just think about it.

That game I believe motivated Dom Capers and our defense to say "That will not happen in 2010" and it did not happen this year. We didn't have a shoot out with both teams edging the 50 point margin.

We all have bad games, or bad days. The Arizona game was just that, no need to bring it back up. The Cardinals can't do a thing without Kurt Warner there anymore, and we are the Super Bowl Champions over the team they could not finish.

• Like Like x 1