1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm kinda suprised we didn't take a chance on Mike Tolbert.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ThePerfectBeard, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +223
    I was getting into my fantasy groove and I started thinking about this. A tough bowling ball back with good hands at a decent price. I'm not sure why we didn't have him stop by. I believe he would have been a pretty good addition to this type of offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    We already have John Kuhn

3. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +223
    Who is injured and although a fan favorite, I think Tolbert could do a better job... The guy was a beast in San Diego. Don't get me wrong, I love Kuhn, but I think this guy could have been something even more special with us.

4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    The two other FBs on the roster are Jon Hoese and Nic Cooper. Cooper is listed at 5-10, 249 and IMO also qualifies as a "bowling ball", compared to Tolbert's 5-9, 245.

I don't know how much Tolbert signed for with Carolina but he reportedly turned down more money to stay with the Chargers because:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-took-less-money-so-he-could-be-in-the-south/

Unless he is very geographically challenged, I'm guessing the Packers didn't have much of a shot at him if Thompson and staff were interested in the first place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Would have been nice, but it's just not really TT's style. I trust him and the RB's currently on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    I watched this guy play A LOT of games. He fumbles a lot and for some reason he can't keep his damn helmet on, LOL. (lost a couple first downs because of that.)

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    I would rather get cedric benson for cheap.

8. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    All I know is the guy had a solid game against us last year in San Diego filling in for the injured starter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +223
    Exactly.. He had a few fumbles, but so have our Backs. This guy was solid. Also being 5'9" makes you more of a bowling ball sometimes with that low center of gravity ALA MJD.

10. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    This is moot since Tolbert wasn't coming to Green Bay anyway but:
    According to NFL.com he fumbles once for about every 56 touches. Starks fumbles once every 96.5 touches, Kuhn once every 176 touches, and Grant once every 145 touches.

11. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    That is funny stuff but true, he made his bid for the south.

12. Packfan14

Packfan14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    He signed for $8.4 mil with $2.7 mil guaranteed.

Hurney setup his contract like this just in case Stewart doesn't re sign with carolina.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    every season a group of packer fans screams for a free agent signing. Every year we do better than the teams that delve into FA. I am sensing a trend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    I've never been a fan of delving into the middle of the pack-free agency. I like TT approach, take the bargains at the bottom and possibly consider the top end FA's. Why waste money in the middle pack players when he's developed players that will give similar numbers or better at a cheaper price?!

15. ThePerfectBeard

Ratings:
    +223
    Not Screaming... It wasn't that important. Thought he would be a cheap good addition if in fact Kuhn is hurt worse than we thought.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Wasn't calling you in particular for it. Just saying a group of people always rally for free agents and complain when we don't get them.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    We pay Kuhn enough at that position. Plus it's kind of a dead position in the nfl