I'm getting excited about Rodgers

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I have been thinking about Aaron Rodgers as our starting QB the more I have been getting excited. Please don't take this post the wrong way as if I am glad that Favre is gone because I was in favor of him coming back and competing for the starting job. But at the same time I understand that this is a business and things happened that hurt the relationship and it just couldn't happen. But the whole Favre thing is besides the point. For my whole life Brett Favre started every game that I have watched. And I always thought about the day that Favre would not be out there and I dreaded it happening. But i'm excited about Rodgers being out there as the Packers starter. I'm not sure why, but im curious to see what life is like after moving on from Favre. I guess its just a new face excites me. Does anyone else feel this way?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel that way too. I'm a little sad the Favre era is over, but I like Rodgers a lot, both as a player and a person. He seems down to earth and cool, has his head in the right place, and he can SLING the ball man. Plus with all of this crap going on with dips*#$ fans telling him to F off and whatnot, I'm going to be cheering for him that much harder.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Rodgers does well. Love GB and want wins, want them to win every damn game. Also sad to see Brett go, he's been my fav player forever. I don't get why some ppl turned on him; he wants to play, people change their minds; hope he does well with the Jets, Lord knows they could use a winning team.

But what really ticks me off is any GB fan that wishes our team ill - go be a Bears fan of you're going to take that postion.

I'll raise my beer and salute brett each time his name is mentioned, and each time the new team scores... hopefully I'll remember the game tomorrow. :beer:

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm excited yet. I DO want Rodgers to do well... Favre is my hero, even his move to the Jets doesn't change that because he'll always be a Packer. I am not going to stop cheering for the Packers because of what happened. I guess my main problem with Rodgers is that he isn't Favre... is it unfair, most definitely. I guess I still am blaming him a little for Favre not being with Green Bay any longer, when I know he had nothing to do with that decision. NO I don't think Ted is evil, I just didn't agree with the decision to get rid of Favre. I am excited about the Packers playing but #12 doesn't get me pumped like #4 did. I'm hoping that Rodgers makes me eat crow though.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He missed a wide open guy...took advantage the next play though...one quarter and a half does not a quarter back make...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
starpass said:
He missed a wide open guy...took advantage the next play though...one quarter and a half does not a quarter back make...

Actually, Jones got his hands on the ball. He should have caught it.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he was looking back for about 25 yards trying to run under the ball. That pass was right where it should be.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:
He definately should have caught that ball, hands were there but he leaned back instead of diving forward...

I have a feeling in a real game that counts, the adrenaline kicks in a little more, Jones catches the ball in stride and it ends up a perfect pass. You see a lot of that around the league in preseason.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, i am excited about rodgers, he looked sharp and he will only get better. but i am sad bretts gone.

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very average performance Monday night. Like most NFL QBs, he does well when given time, and has trouble when pressured. I expect nothing spectacular in '08 season.

minnypacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers looked solid. The West Coast offense fits his playing style.

This team needs a vet #2. Without a doubt Brohm and Flynn do not look like they are ready to back up AR. I realize it's still the preseason, but I have 0 confidence that either of them could win a game as QB this year.

IMHO this has to be addressed before the break of camp.

The problem the Packers have is determining if they will lose Flynn if they waive him.