I'm ALWAYS RIGHT! ...

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JK. I had some prospects who I was high on but never translated. I was looking at everyone talking about this years prospects and was wondering if anyone hit or miss on any prospects? Be honest now, here are some prospects I had a feeling that were gonna be good and hit the nail on the head or I had feelings they weren't gonna make and was wrong, vice versa. I will go first (Sorry majority of these are recent drafts prospects). Get some laugh out of this.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hits
  1. Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith/Deion Jones: I gave the Packers a draft grade of -B for 2016. Looking back I should've gave them a C- /C. Missed out on multiple linebackers in this draft. Some argued these linebackers were busts or overrated. Things are starting to go their way.
  2. Randy Gregory: Some were high on this kid coming out of Nebraska and I could see why. The athleticism was there. The height and weight was there. But looking at his twitter feed that draft season. I could see the characters concerns. I said I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole. Twas right. Failed multiple drug test and currently suspended.
  3. Deshaun Watson: Ranked him as my number 1 QB prospect in 2017. He did not disappoint. His tape college in 4th quarter and comebacks are for real. I also loved that he majored in Communications in college. Great rookie season (Don't fail me now!)
  4. Chris Borland: Too short to play? I say no way. I saw the next Sam Mills in him. Great rookie season. Too bad he ended his career before it got rolling.
  5. Scooby Wright: Some people said he was next Zack Thomas! LOL. Watching his tape, the athleticism was just not there. I got a lot of hate for saying "HE AINT ALL DAT, he will be a special teamers"
  6. Paul Dawson: Horrible combine. But combine aint everything right? Well... his college tape wasn't that impressive either. I remember packer fans getting mad cause packers drafted Ty Montgomery over Dawson. I was not a fan of Dawson.
  7. Eric Kendricks: Hate playing against him. Key pieces in that vikings defense. Had a gut feeling he was gonna be a stud.
  8. Tyrann Mathieu: Honey badger takes and goes wherever he wants! Injury prone, sure. but whens hes on the field. It's sparks.
  9. Mike Daniels: Just watching pre season I could see the intensity in him. People wanted him gone after first season and to keep CJ wilson and Jarius Wynn. Also laughing at the people who wanted to cut Davante Adams.
  10. Micah Hyde: Ballhawk. Since first year as rookie, he was all over the field. TBH I'm glad he's with another team who can use his athleticism.

Misses
  1. Le'Veon Bell: I did not like him out of college. My reason behind this was I didn't think he had the right attitude and he weighed in at 240s at times at Michigan State. I was proven wrong when he lost weight, still has the power and gain speed. Heck, I liked Eddie Lacy more than him coming out of college. But since then.. Give me Bell over Lacy. LOL
  2. RGIII: Yes! I was on that RGIII hype train. Such a dynamic player in rookie year, injuries and other problems got the best of him (learn to slide). Back then said I liked RG3 more than Cam Newton :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  3. Robert Nkemdiche: Next Ndamukong Suh? Nah I got faked. I was really high on Nkedmiche coming out of college. Hope he gets it together.
  4. LaMichael James: Track athlete. I watched him dominate in college at Oregon. Decent career so far but I had high hopes for him. Tyreek Hill did what he could not do.
  5. Dee Milliner: Great Combine. Showed hip flexibility. Never been able to put it together in the NFL. Sad. Free agent. Never became next Joe Haden.
  6. Kevin White: I seriously thought he was gonna be the next Terrell Owens. But hes seems like the next Reggie Williams. Cant get on the damn field. Big time fail on me.
  7. Vernon Gholston: Workout freak.... Just not on the field in the NFL. His college stats is one of the best in buckeye history. Thought he was the next John Abraham.
  8. Robert Gallery: Hey now.. I was a kid back then! I thought he was gonna be the next Orlando Pace!
  9. Colt Lyerla: No denying the athleticism is there. Just couldn't get rid of his personal demons. I had high hopes for him coming into GB. Currently in jail.
  10. Carl Bradford: College tape was impressive. But I knew there was no way he was gonna be an EDGE guy. Thought he had enough instintict to compete and be our starting ILB. Looked lost in space. Mental errors. Never played with his "hair on fire." Guess it got wet.

Did not see that coming

Reaction score
I thought Colt Lyerla was the next coming of Jermichael. The way he hurdled people on family night!
Heck. I’d probably be in jail with him for conspiracy to commit everything he committed himself to while just trying to defend him at one point (blame it on a couple of drinks no doubt!)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players sometimes bust because of the situation they go to. For example, David Carr was going to be a great QB when he went to Houston. He had poise, confidence and loads of talent. However, he had no OL and was thrown in way too soon. He lead the league in sacks for most of his career. It was painful to watch him have to scurry around every play. It ruined him. Had he gone to NE, sat on the bench a year or two, he may very well have developed into a great QB.

Every year I see players I think will have good careers and when they get drafted by the wrong team I think, poor bastatd is going to bust.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players sometimes bust because of the situation they go to. For example, David Carr was going to be a great QB when he went to Houston. He had poise, confidence and loads of talent. However, he had no OL and was thrown in way too soon. He lead the league in sacks for most of his career. It was painful to watch him have to scurry around every play. It ruined him. Had he gone to NE, sat on the bench a year or two, he may very well have developed into a great QB.

Every year I see players I think will have good careers and when they get drafted by the wrong team I think, poor bastatd is going to bust.

Players can be so situational.

Casey Hayward being a perfect example.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
My biggest pound the table, we gotta have these guys that hit were, Le'Veon Bell, Travis Kelce, David Johnson, Harrison Smith, Erik Kendricks and CJ Mosley.(and none of them got drafted by the Packers) I thought RG3 was gonna be a bust because I believed he was going to get hurt due to his slight build ...My misses are Aaron Rodgers, I hated the pick, hated him even more after the first couple training camps. Paul Dawson, was gonna be a shining star, seen more and longer lasting light from a 4th of July sparkler. Jimmie Ward, only 2 Int. in 4 seasons. Justin Gilbert was my #1 CB, yikes.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In 2015 I was really high on both Laken Tomlinson and Preston Smith. I was only right on one of those obviously.

In 2014 I despised Justin Gilbert and thought Xavier Su’a-Filo was going to be a stud. Gilbert did indeed bust, but so did XSF.

In 2013, I was still a Chargers fan. I hated D.J. Fluker and Manti Te’o. They drafted both of them. I was right. But I also thought that Joeckel and Warmack would be great players.

In 2012 I took quite a bit of crap for saying that Harrison Smith would be a lot better than Mark Barron. But I also ripped the Dontari Poe pick really hard.

In 2011, I was really ticked when the Chargers took Corey Liuget over Cam Jordan and that was right. I also though Jordan was the best DL in a class that included J.J. Watt. That was wrong. When the Chargers took something called a “Jonas Mouton” in the 2nd round, I remember thinking “who??” That was the correct reaction.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2015 I was really high on both Laken Tomlinson and Preston Smith. I was only right on one of those obviously.

In 2014 I despised Justin Gilbert and thought Xavier Su’a-Filo was going to be a stud. Gilbert did indeed bust, but so did XSF.

In 2013, I was still a Chargers fan. I hated D.J. Fluker and Manti Te’o. They drafted both of them. I was right. But I also thought that Joeckel and Warmack would be great players.

In 2012 I took quite a bit of crap for saying that Harrison Smith would be a lot better than Mark Barron. But I also ripped the Dontari Poe pick really hard.

In 2011, I was really ticked when the Chargers took Corey Liuget over Cam Jordan and that was right. I also though Jordan was the best DL in a class that included J.J. Watt. That was wrong. When the Chargers took something called a “Jonas Mouton” in the 2nd round, I remember thinking “who??” That was the correct reaction.
Su'a-filo and Teo has solid careers. Taylor Mays was a tough son of a gun in college that I had high regards in. Never translated it into the pros.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Colt Lyerla was the next coming of Jermichael. The way he hurdled people on family night!
Heck. I’d probably be in jail with him for conspiracy to commit everything he committed himself to while just trying to defend him at one point (blame it on a couple of drinks no doubt!)

Lyerla was athletic as heck. High ceiling. Just disappoint he never took the opportunity to mature. I'd still give him another shot as a camp body and practice squad.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dat JUSTIN HARRELL pick Tho... lol we all knew it.. we all were like.. wtf.. lol

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score

David Carr, lol, big time bust. Makes me think of the biggest bust in NFL history...drumroll please... Tony Mandarich. At least Carr has an excuse I’ll give him that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Su'a-filo and Teo has solid careers. Taylor Mays was a tough son of a gun in college that I had high regards in. Never translated it into the pros.

I don’t know man. Those guys played a lot, but never well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lyerla was athletic as heck. High ceiling. Just disappoint he never took the opportunity to mature. I'd still give him another shot as a camp body and practice squad.

The Packers already gave Lyerla a chance, no need to bring him back once again.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest pound the table, we gotta have these guys that hit were, Le'Veon Bell, Travis Kelce, David Johnson, Harrison Smith, Erik Kendricks and CJ Mosley.(and none of them got drafted by the Packers) I thought RG3 was gonna be a bust because I believed he was going to get hurt due to his slight build ...My misses are Aaron Rodgers, I hated the pick, hated him even more after the first couple training camps. Paul Dawson, was gonna be a shining star, seen more and longer lasting light from a 4th of July sparkler. Jimmie Ward, only 2 Int. in 4 seasons. Justin Gilbert was my #1 CB, yikes.
At least you're honest bout Rodgers. Some people be low key hiding after Rodgers proved them wrong. My brother still denies making fun of Rodgers when Favre left lol. He actually hated the packers for the move with Favre then came back when Rodgers started blowing up.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
JK. I had some prospects who I was high on but never translated. I was looking at everyone talking about this years prospects and was wondering if anyone hit or miss on any prospects? Be honest now, here are some prospects I had a feeling that were gonna be good and hit the nail on the head or I had feelings they weren't gonna make and was wrong, vice versa. I will go first (Sorry majority of these are recent drafts prospects). Get some laugh out of this.

Hits
  1. Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith/Deion Jones: I gave the Packers a draft grade of -B for 2016. Looking back I should've gave them a C- /C. Missed out on multiple linebackers in this draft. Some argued these linebackers were busts or overrated. Things are starting to go their way.
  2. Randy Gregory: Some were high on this kid coming out of Nebraska and I could see why. The athleticism was there. The height and weight was there. But looking at his twitter feed that draft season. I could see the characters concerns. I said I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot pole. Twas right. Failed multiple drug test and currently suspended.
  3. Deshaun Watson: Ranked him as my number 1 QB prospect in 2017. He did not disappoint. His tape college in 4th quarter and comebacks are for real. I also loved that he majored in Communications in college. Great rookie season (Don't fail me now!)
  4. Chris Borland: Too short to play? I say no way. I saw the next Sam Mills in him. Great rookie season. Too bad he ended his career before it got rolling.
  5. Scooby Wright: Some people said he was next Zack Thomas! LOL. Watching his tape, the athleticism was just not there. I got a lot of hate for saying "HE AINT ALL DAT, he will be a special teamers"
  6. Paul Dawson: Horrible combine. But combine aint everything right? Well... his college tape wasn't that impressive either. I remember packer fans getting mad cause packers drafted Ty Montgomery over Dawson. I was not a fan of Dawson.
  7. Eric Kendricks: Hate playing against him. Key pieces in that vikings defense. Had a gut feeling he was gonna be a stud.
  8. Tyrann Mathieu: Honey badger takes and goes wherever he wants! Injury prone, sure. but whens hes on the field. It's sparks.
  9. Mike Daniels: Just watching pre season I could see the intensity in him. People wanted him gone after first season and to keep CJ wilson and Jarius Wynn. Also laughing at the people who wanted to cut Davante Adams.
  10. Micah Hyde: Ballhawk. Since first year as rookie, he was all over the field. TBH I'm glad he's with another team who can use his athleticism.

Misses
  1. Le'Veon Bell: I did not like him out of college. My reason behind this was I didn't think he had the right attitude and he weighed in at 240s at times at Michigan State. I was proven wrong when he lost weight, still has the power and gain speed. Heck, I liked Eddie Lacy more than him coming out of college. But since then.. Give me Bell over Lacy. LOL
  2. RGIII: Yes! I was on that RGIII hype train. Such a dynamic player in rookie year, injuries and other problems got the best of him (learn to slide). Back then said I liked RG3 more than Cam Newton :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  3. Robert Nkemdiche: Next Ndamukong Suh? Nah I got faked. I was really high on Nkedmiche coming out of college. Hope he gets it together.
  4. LaMichael James: Track athlete. I watched him dominate in college at Oregon. Decent career so far but I had high hopes for him. Tyreek Hill did what he could not do.
  5. Dee Milliner: Great Combine. Showed hip flexibility. Never been able to put it together in the NFL. Sad. Free agent. Never became next Joe Haden.
  6. Kevin White: I seriously thought he was gonna be the next Terrell Owens. But hes seems like the next Reggie Williams. Cant get on the damn field. Big time fail on me.
  7. Vernon Gholston: Workout freak.... Just not on the field in the NFL. His college stats is one of the best in buckeye history. Thought he was the next John Abraham.
  8. Robert Gallery: Hey now.. I was a kid back then! I thought he was gonna be the next Orlando Pace!
  9. Colt Lyerla: No denying the athleticism is there. Just couldn't get rid of his personal demons. I had high hopes for him coming into GB. Currently in jail.
  10. Carl Bradford: College tape was impressive. But I knew there was no way he was gonna be an EDGE guy. Thought he had enough instintict to compete and be our starting ILB. Looked lost in space. Mental errors. Never played with his "hair on fire." Guess it got wet.

Did not see that coming
Interesting. Just a few comments.

Guys like N. Suh, Orlando Pace, Peyton Manning are generational players imo. I still am surprised that Brady lasted to pick 199. I remember seeing him play at Michigan and thinking to myself, this guy is maybe the best Big 10 QB I’ve ever seen. I thought he was clearly better than Drew Breese with maybe only Tony Eason being Brady’s equal.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I thought he was gonna be real good too. I still maintain he would have been had he not been a total idoit. I mean seriously you can make NFL money and you can't stop doing coke so you fail out of the league. Wow some people really know how to turn good luck bad. Then again he's not the only one by a long shot. Im now hoping the Packers take a chance on wr Antonio Callaway from Florida. Apparently his problem is weed and he's gonna fall to the middle rounds because no one is confident he won't continuously fail drug tests. The guy would be a sure fire first round pick without the off the field concerns. I say we draft him with the 4th round compensatory pick and then hire someone to at least teach him how to pass a drug test despite being dirty

Members online

Latest posts