1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I'm a Cali fan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shanno52, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Shanno52

Shanno52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I am a Southern California Native. Prior to 1997, I did not watch football at all. Had no idea of the rules of football, the positions....nothing. And then I became friends w/ a girl straight from Green Bay. A great girl. Well, basically if I wanted to hang out w/ her, I would have to watch the Packers every Sunday and learn to love the game. I did. I learned about football from my dad and brother who have always loved the game and taught me everything about football.. And I was hooked from then on. So, to Michelle Schnidewind Ricci, I thank you. I am not a bandwagoner just because I'm from Cali. I've never been to Wisconsin (although it is my dream vacation to be able to go there during football season and go to Lambeau to watch my boys play). I recently got to go to my first NFL game this past Sunday against San Diego and it was amazing! I had sooo much fun and there were so many Packer Backers there, I was in awe. Especially since I really cannot stand the San Diego Chargers and their fairweather fans. And the Green Bay Packer fans are sooo incredibly nice. I did not know one of them and even though I was with my Charger fan husband, they still accepted me and adopted me to their families. It was truly an amazing day. I could only imagine how it would be at Lambeau.
    My favorite Packer ...oh...that's a tough one. I think Aaron Rodgers has done a fantastic job following Brett Favre. I love Clay Matthews (who doesn't), and Donald Driver. And when I first started watching the Packers, I loved Reggie White!

• Like Like x 1
  2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    Welcome to the forum! Great story on becoming a Packer fan!

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Welcome to The Family!!! Great intro!!! :) Lets talk some Pack!

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Welcome to the forum :)

5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Welcome! Nice story!..

If the forum does do a Lambeau party next year,..its going to be AMAZING!

6. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    Welcome, fellow So-Cal Packer Backer! :tup:

7. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Welcome to the forum.

8. North44

North44 Cheesehead