If you won tickets to a Packers game....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like right now, what do you think that you would do with them?
Sell, or keep and use?

I've never been to Lambeau and would only go if I ever did get the chance such as free tickets.
However right now I don't think it would be worth it to freeze my na-nas off without the odds being in our favor or the way the team is playing right now.
I'd rather go when they are better or having Rodgers starting instead of sidelining.
So I'd sell.

So what would you do?
And have you already been to Lambeau?

BTW: Selling would not make you any less of a Packers fan. The only ones who can decide just how much of a fan is you. And no one else can take that away.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Definately use them. No matter how bad they are, to be able to sit in that stadium again is my biggest dream. (preferably with two of the bikini babes sitting either side of me...:laugh:)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I would keep and use them myself too, no matter if they are on a losing streak or back on track.
Fortunately I've been to Lambeau Field twice (Jaguars 2012, Broncos 2011) and as a Packers Fan I would take every chance to go on a pilgrimage to the cathedral of Football ;)
But I must admit buying flight tickets to the US could be an issue, thats why I'd prefer winning Packers tickets which include the trip to Green Bay..... :rolleyes::D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sell..... I need more cash right now to buy my two sons and my wife x-mas gifts.
Been to the frozen tundra 6 times and this time of year I don't want to sit in the freezing cold not knowing if we are gunna get another *** whoopin......I hate seeing us lose, and damn sure hate it even more in person. I would take the profit right about now given the time of year.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Funny stuff!! I would definitely use them...I'm only 800 miles or so away and I agree with Mhnessie that I would rather win the paid trip too...Lambeau is simply breathtaking. Especially if you get to sit next to that BuggyBill character! lol

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been going to Golden Gopher football games for 20 years now. They've had winning seasons only 7 times and are 108 and 133 during that period. I've enjoyed every game including the losses. The wins are more special after enduring the losses for so long....and I wasn't even following the team since their last national title in 1960.

I go to any Packer game that I can, which is one every couple of years. I don't go based on my perceptions of winning and losing. That would be a poor example for me to set for my kid. Unconditional support should never be confused with complacency.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know why a Packers fan wouldn't go to a game with free tickets if he or she had never been to Lambeau and getting there and back wouldn't be a financial burden. It's a unique experience and IMO should be the goal of every Packers fan. And again, just my opinion but if the reason would be the chance of the Packers losing, then the person in question is, at best, a very spoiled Packers fan.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still upset about my most recent trip to the Philly game so i'm selling them!! and for cheap! i absolutely enjoyed Green Bay and the people but without Rodgers im not sitting out there in the cold ever again. Hard enough to even watch them on t.v. nowadays.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate all the points of view I'm reading on here.
Good to see loyal fans who like the Lambau experience as well as those like me who choose to stay home where it's warm and toasty and would go when we return to better days.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still upset about my most recent trip to the Philly game so i'm selling them!! and for cheap! i absolutely enjoyed Green Bay and the people but without Rodgers im not sitting out there in the cold ever again. Hard enough to even watch them on t.v. nowadays.
It's also getting hard for me to pick them to win every week with an online contest I take part in each week. I
keep having hope thinking that this time they will do it but only to be let down.
But then again what if I pick them to lose but they end up winning? Geez. Regrets of my pick results. I wanna get back to the times when they were more predictable.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also getting hard for me to pick them to win every week with an online contest I take part in each week. I
keep having hope thinking that this time they will do it but only to be let down.
But then again what if I pick them to lose but they end up winning? Geez. Regrets of my pick results. I wanna get back to the times when they were more predictable.

They are predictable...i hear Rodgers isn't playing so predict them to lose and you should be fine.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It was always my dream to experience Lambeau in December. A few years ago my two oldest sons made that possible. I'd go again in a flash. You just have to know how to dress for the occasion. We also did the whole Field and Museum tour. It was fantastic and I'd love to go again. I'm emotionally invested in what the Packers are *as a whole franchise* and not just in the wins and losses. They are the only publicly owned, non-profit team in the NFL (Or NBA, or MLB). They embody the small town all american life. The history of the Green Bay Packers is rich and deep. As I understand it, the charter even specifies that money over and above operating expenses set aside for the next year are given to charities, not some fat cat owner or swindling owners (ala Wilfs). There is a long list of charities the Packers support. If the team ever goes belly up, a rich fat cat owner cannot buy them. The liquidation goes to the Green Bay American Legion I think. The Packers can't be considered for a move to London, or LA or such places. So going to a game in Green Bay is like travelling to football Mecca for me. Yup, I'd use the tickets because (cue the oom pah pah music), I LOVE MY GREEN BAY PACKERS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hruby/110131

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If I won tickets, I'd give them to my son and his buddies....they'll put them to good use and will love the experience to the maximum...as diehards do.

Me? I watch the game differently - hard to get a feel for line play sitting in the stadium with the folks in front of you up and down and up again -- some hammered and vulgar...not my cup of tea any longer....different breed of fan attending games than when I was younger and hit EVERY Lambeau home game. I still go to one or two games a year at Lambeau, but after a hundred or so games, my son has to ask several times, and then, I record the game to watch when we get home.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was always my dream to experience Lambeau in December. A few years ago my two oldest sons made that possible. I'd go again in a flash. You just have to know how to dress for the occasion. We also did the whole Field and Museum tour. It was fantastic and I'd love to go again. I'm emotionally invested in what the Packers are *as a whole franchise* and not just in the wins and losses. They are the only publicly owned, non-profit team in the NFL (Or NBA, or MLB). They embody the small town all american life. The history of the Green Bay Packers is rich and deep. As I understand it, the charter even specifies that money over and above operating expenses set aside for the next year are given to charities, not some fat cat owner or swindling owners (ala Wilfs). There is a long list of charities the Packers support. If the team ever goes belly up, a rich fat cat owner cannot buy them. The liquidation goes to the Green Bay American Legion I think. The Packers can't be considered for a move to London, or LA or such places. So going to a game in Green Bay is like travelling to football Mecca for me. Yup, I'd use the tickets because (cue the oom pah pah music), I LOVE MY GREEN BAY PACKERS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hruby/110131
I've done the December game. Got good seats to watch the Lions go 0-fer 16. Recall getting decent weather that day (May have been a Jan game.) The coldest game I ever did was a Monday night Viking game week of Thanksgiving. Came out of deer camp for that one. My brother and I took the lady that owns the place to her first ever game. She was our DD so we'd get back to camp safely. Froze, even in my hunting gear.
Don't recall ever hearing that. Income over and above expenses is put into a reserve fund [invested] for future expenses.
That was changed a few years back to go to Packers foundation which will then dispose of the assets to selected charities. I can't confirm this today.

Of course I'd use the tickets. Why, are you offering them?

Members online

Latest posts