If Ted drafts.....I'll lose it

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple. What player/s if Ted Thompson drafts them will make you totally lose it. I have two one on each side of the ball

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame: Watched this kid at Notre Dame, to me he's that 6'4 white dude that tries out for the freshman basketball team and can't even make a lay up. He's big, and he looks awkward/clumsy. He's not the Notre Dame TE of the past 10 years, and I don't want him.

Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State: He looks like he should be 15 pounds bigger to be playing linebacker. He looks like a cornerback with a pituitary problem, not a linebacker. Fast yes, good off the corner yes. But his size just turns me away from him as a player. I can see better linebackers in the 2nd round or later than Shazier.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple. What player/s if Ted Thompson drafts them will make you totally lose it. I have two one on each side of the ball

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame: Watched this kid at Notre Dame, to me he's that 6'4 white dude that tries out for the freshman basketball team and can't even make a lay up. He's big, and he looks awkward/clumsy. He's not the Notre Dame TE of the past 10 years, and I don't want him.

Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State: He looks like he should be 15 pounds bigger to be playing linebacker. He looks like a cornerback with a pituitary problem, not a linebacker. Fast yes, good off the corner yes. But his size just turns me away from him as a player. I can see better linebackers in the 2nd round or later than Shazier.
That's funny because I went to the Notre Dame - Arizona State game, in person, great seats.
And I focused on Niklas.

His size was and IS a mismatch.
You cannot defend that.
GUy had him perfectly covered in the end zone but the ball was up high.
Guess who won? Touchdown.
Google it.

Our red zone rate was bad. Something like that on 3rd & goal from the 7?
Perfect.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he drafts someone in the 1st and my first reaction is "who?"
lol, I'm kind of hoping for this personally. I'm not super amped about any of the 1st rounders that have been projected to fall to us so as long as it's not a RB or a QB I'd welcome a pick that is somewhat unexpected.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, I'm kind of hoping for this personally. I'm not super amped about any of the 1st rounders that have been projected to fall to us so as long as it's not a RB or a QB I'd welcome a pick that is somewhat unexpected.

Harrel was the only time this ever happened to me. I had to page through the draft guide to find him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Rashede Hagman, Jimmie Ward, Louis Nix. Mostly because I don't see the value on any of them at 21. Nix has weight and Knee questions, not sold on Jimmie Ward and I think Hagman is going to be "bust city". I think there are guys that are just as capable as all three of these guys if not better that can be gotten later.

Last edited:

JFranklinisBeast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any TE in the first round. Our offense is clearly not an issue, so we shouldn't waste a pick on a TE so high, when we could be picking up defensive playmakers.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any position but defense in round 1. Our first pick NEEDS to be defense. ILB/Safety/DL

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After spending about 5 minutes looking through draft prospects, I've decided to go with whomever TT drafts.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't lose it. Might scratch my head and mumble WTF? But I realized a long time ago, he has more information about a single prospect than every poster here put together of the entire draft.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any player who sat out virtually his entire senior year due to injury and then mostly sat and watched at the combine ( also due to injury)

Actually I'd love to see us trade down

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Any position but defense in round 1.
Really? What if a player on offense expected to be gone in the first 10-15 falls to #21? Or what if they take a player on offense in the first round and spend the next three picks (all within the first 100 players) on each level of the defense? The first rounder will likely be a defender but “losing” it just because the first pick plays offense seems short-sighted – what if that player ends up being pro bowl caliber?

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? What if a player on offense expected to be gone in the first 10-15 falls to #21? Or what if they take a player on offense in the first round and spend the next three picks (all within the first 100 players) on each level of the defense? The first rounder will likely be a defender but “losing” it just because the first pick plays offense seems short-sighted – what if that player ends up being pro bowl caliber?

Agreed. If Ebron falls to #21, for example, and Mosley isn´t there anymore I would be excited to draft the TE.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, considering our offense is already one of the better O's in the league and its not a secret that our D needs lots of help.......

The only thing keeping us from a Super Bowl is our defense. If our D improves, we'll be there. If not, we'll be watching another NFC team in it again.

It wont matter how great our offense is if we cant stop anyone.

If I was TT, i'd draft defense with our first 3-4 picks regardless of what offensive players were on the board.

With that said, I think CJ Mosley will be there at 21.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, considering our offense is already one of the better O's in the league and its not a secret that our D needs lots of help.......

The only thing keeping us from a Super Bowl is our defense. If our D improves, we'll be there. If not, we'll be watching another NFC team in it again.

If I was TT, i'd draft defense with our first 3-4 picks regardless of what offensive players were on the board.

There´s no doubt in my mind that we need to draft a TE this year, some help at WR would be nice as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

With that said, I think CJ Mosley will be there at 21.

I've seen our offense sputter in the playoffs, if the best player on the board is an offensive player you take him. (Not QB)

To write off one side of the ball seems dangerous.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I was TT, i'd draft defense with our first 3-4 picks regardless of what offensive players were on the board.
That is very dangerous IMO. You seem to be saying that if the player at #21 doesn't contribute significantly on defense, the Packers' title hopes are gone. What if the second rounder is a safety who contributes significantly and one of the third rounders contributes significantly at ILB?

We've been talking about BPA and BVA and tiers of the draft on another thread and I'm sure we won't all agree on what Thompson's philosophy is. But I would expect a lot of agreement that going into a draft determined to pick defenders "with our first 3-4 picks regardless of what offensive players were on the board" is a recipe for disaster. The offense is definitely the strength of the team but it's not like there aren't any holes on that side of the ball. TE, interior OL, depth at WR come to mind. What if there are injuries at those spots?

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rashede Hagman, Jimmie Ward, Louis Nix. Mostly because I don't see the value on any of them at 21. Nix has weight and Knee questions, not sold on Jimmie Ward and I think Hagman is going to be "bust city". I think there are guys that are just as capable as all three of these guys if not better that can be gotten later.

agree on hagman and ward, nix will be an upgrade on our D-Line. Remember Raji hasn't been great and Jolly I believe just had his neck fused.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ted drafts offense (other than Ebron) in the first, I'll lose it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts