If Rodgers doesn't play next week, I might get sick..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally felt that we were just throwing the season out when Flynn was starting against the Falcons and I was starting to feel okay about it. Get healthy and draft defensively for a promising 2014 season. Now my mind set has changed. The Lions clearly don't want to win the division and the Falcons proved they are as terrible as their record suggests.

Rodgers must play now, the window is open for us to get back in this thing. With one more Lions loss and a Packers win, we're division leaders and on our way to sneaking into the playoffs with the title. Rodgers is reported time and time again to be practicing with pads on, so the man can play. Honestly if at this juncture McCarthy doesn't put in Rodgers with only a couple weeks left in the season, he may as well rest every prized starter we have. Tough it out A-Rod.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I goofed on the division part, for some reason I thought there was a 3-way tie right now (neverminding the tie in our W/L column) but Lions are still up. Still, they seem to be coming back down to Earth and the opportunity is there so my point still stands.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not about if he can throw. It's about whether he can take a hit without the collar bone breaking again or even worse, breaking in two.

Until the medical staff says he can, he's not going to play.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well now we have ourselves quite the conundrum here, in the past 5 weeks we have been able to take the blinders off and see what holes we actually have. to me ilb, maybe a safety and maybe another big body on ol for depth. anyways thats neither here nor there. if we somehow make the playoffs and make some noise we can see our draft pick higher and higher. if we win the super bowl that would be amazing but i can see the drawbacks. anyone else have the same gut feeling?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, when Charles Woodson broke his collarbone he was out 9 weeks.... which seems on the long end of normal. But still not out of the question. It seems that 6-8 weeks is normal. Rodgers just hit 6. Doesn't matter how tough the dude is, it's just the time it takes for the bone to heal. Pat McKenzie doesn't have a vested interest like we do in Rodgers playing. If he's not cleared, he doesn't play.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you all talking about, according to at least one person on this board, the medical staff has nothing to do with clearing Rodgers to play...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Flynn could beat the 'Boys. They made the Bears look like the '85 team last night.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgive TT for letting go of Woodson, Jenkins and not adding any free agents...if we miss the playoffs because him and MM couldn't find a viable option at qb when they should have? i won't forgive either one for that.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I forgive TT for letting go of Woodson, Jenkins and not adding any free agents...if we miss the playoffs because him and MM couldn't find a viable option at qb when they should have? i won't forgive either one for that.
I thought Flynn was your golden boy? I thought you were "all in" on Flynn?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I would say get you puke bucket ready. I don't think he plays until the last game of the season. And even that one is iffy.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Flynn when givin a chance to throw the ball has been great. More blame goes to the defense and Oline

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn hasn't had the best of protection. That being said he doesn't have the escape ability of Rodgers and God he squeezes all the air out of the ball before making a throw.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Flynn is here right? No props?

man please, i've been one of the biggest Flynn supporters on here and you know that. Like any rational fan i know Rodgers gives us the best chance to win.. but if the o-line blocks and the defense can show up i have faith in Flynn.

KevG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we win the super bowl that would be amazing but i can see the drawbacks. anyone else have the same gut feeling?

Are you seriously suggesting that the drawback to winning a Super Bowl is that the Packers wouldn't get a higher pick???

D

Deleted member 6794

BTW, when Charles Woodson broke his collarbone he was out 9 weeks.... which seems on the long end of normal. But still not out of the question. It seems that 6-8 weeks is normal. Rodgers just hit 6. Doesn't matter how tough the dude is, it's just the time it takes for the bone to heal. Pat McKenzie doesn't have a vested interest like we do in Rodgers playing. If he's not cleared, he doesn't play.

Rodgers isn´t even at 6 weeks right now. Today it´s 5 weeks and 2 days. Anybody suggesting he should play no matter what is out of his mind.

Members online

Latest posts