1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If Favre retires, who should take over?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PPierce, Sep 26, 2005.

1. PPierce

PPierce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Will AR really be ready next year? Should we go with CN? I think this is Brett's last year. He doesn't look too happy these days.

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Matt Leinart? ;)

3. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    If Favre retires, Rodgers will take over. That is pretty clear with his #2 status on the depth chart. Nall is in the last year of his contract and I'm certain will explore other avenues. Depth at QB will be a problem if Favre goes.

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    nah get Rodgers in there and get him comfortable under a NEW COACH'S system...we cant be like the Washington Redskins, and still be looking for a first solid QB since Joe Theisman...I'm confident when Aaron Rodgers takes over, but keep in mind this is 'IF' favre retires, nothins final yet

5. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre said in the post game show he is not interested in being on a team that is re-building. If we are then let Rodgers play, he is a first round pick and we will need to know if he can do the job. I would try to keep Nall, even though I am not a big fan of his, because we clearly have so many needs now. OL, DL, RB, WR, QB, LB, almost every position we are thin even if the starters are good. I did think Carroll had a better game and is going to be OK.

6. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Favre retires and Shermy stays the only thing we can do is leave it in the hands of God allmightly...and pray.. and get a nice calculator so we can keep of the tons of points that all the teams will score against us.. I dont think other teams will play against us, maybe it will be more correct to put it as if other teams will play WITH us.