If Favre doesn't retire...

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What should he do? Announce that he is coming back for 1 more season? 2,3? Or go through the whole "will he or won't he?" routine again?

Seems either way would be a huge distraction. If he isn't specific then all the speculation comes up again in 12 months. On the other hand, if he does give a timeframe then he'll be besieged (and rightly so) at every stop on a "goodbye tour" It's different in other sports where you visit a town several times a season. It doesn't all build up for the only time you'll play there.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whenever it is, i hope that we do know it will be the last season so the fans around the country can pay him the respect that he deserves.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What the HELL is that supposed to MEAN..Sixone!!!

IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE SOME KIND OF CRACK ABOUT FAVRE!!!

(only kidding man...you're right..he does deserve that kind of respect...not some of the stuff that's been tossed his way...!)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry about the "distraction". You have seen him for the last time in Green and Gold. The people who have figured out "Termite Terminator Teddy's" agenda can tell you why because I am getting tired of explaining it my friend.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he can't get Brett to retire, there will be a lot of dead cap cutting the old players as Ted Thompson
"builds for the future"

KGB cost 2.7 million before June 1, but saves 700k after and costs $3.1 million in 07.
Clifton 5.2 million against the cap before June 1, 1.4 million after June 1 and another 3.8 million next year.
Diggs saves 800K.
Tauscher costs 300K before June 1, saves a million in 06 after June 1 but costs 1.2 against the cap in 07.
Al Harris 3 million before June 1, 700K afterward and 2.3 million in 07.

Depends on when they are traded/cut. Ted can afford to cut them all on February 1, and still have money left over even if Brett does not retire.

Go get 'em Ted. Use that cap.

Ted Thompson, "Building for the Future", "condeming the present."

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center]Ted Thompson, "Building for the Future", "condeming the present."[/align]

Oh that's good, everything said in one neat sentence, can I use it ?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How long did it take Seattle to get to where they currently are...6..7 years????

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Even if he can't get Brett to retire, there will be a lot of dead cap cutting the old players as Ted Thompson
"builds for the future"

KGB cost 2.7 million before June 1, but saves 700k after and costs $3.1 million in 07.
Clifton 5.2 million against the cap before June 1, 1.4 million after June 1 and another 3.8 million next year.
Diggs saves 800K.
Tauscher costs 300K before June 1, saves a million in 06 after June 1 but costs 1.2 against the cap in 07.
Al Harris 3 million before June 1, 700K afterward and 2.3 million in 07.

Depends on when they are traded/cut. Ted can afford to cut them all on February 1, and still have money left over even if Brett does not retire.

Go get 'em Ted. Use that cap.

Ted Thompson, "Building for the Future", "condeming the present."

good post~! Clifton seems gone now, and I thought KGb was more expensive. I dont think we can 'afford' to lose Al at this point. I think KGB has one more year, and then we get rid of him before 07 when hes ridiculously expensive. good post, I like knowing the financial situation here.

PS - most of those stupid ridiculous contracts are Shermans fault, so if TT doesnt make things to your liking in one year...leave him alone for christs sakes

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Brett here it would not have taken that long P@ck66 and you know it. "Building around him" was what Ted needed to do for for a run. But instead we are pushing him out the door like ingrates.

Members online

Latest posts