If Brett does Retire... Our QB Options

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
big3 said:
I can't believe after laughing at the lions all this time you think your two best options are Lions rejects. Jeff Garcia is over the hill. He can't stay healthy and has almost no arm left. He showed that with detroit and with cleveland. Charlie Batch? That guy is a career back up who you only want to see play if your qb is hurt. Batch has no business starting for ANY team in the NFL. Man, as much as you guys ridicule the lions I would have thought you would have watched at least a few of the games.

You can bet that the minute that either one puts on a Packer uniform he will suddenly become the next Johnny Unitas.
Anyone who does not play for the Packers sucks until they become a Packer. All Packer players are great until they leave Green Bay, and then they are washed up or sucked in the first place.

i love the sweeping generalizations. quit being a ***** and give people some credit...*****!

Bears fans are ******! :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Matt Schaub (spelling) Back up for Michael Vick. Gee Pack you must have said the same thing when GB Traded for Favre.

Favre Favre who what the **** has he ever done.

But oh how the times change right. Now you are all for Favre leaving the Pack to play for another team. Was dying for TT to fire Sherman. Now with the way things are going you seem resigned to the Pack not doing any better than 6-10. Sorry man you confuse me

yeah. the schwabb is a good QB. I wouldnt mind him in the mix at all if favre left. I always said the bears should get him for 2 years now, but they did the orton experiment where they won despite him, not cuz of him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Matt Schuab is pretty decent. I was more worrierd he'd play then Vick when the Packers went against the Falcons. Schuab can beat you passing, Vick won't.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes in miami. i like gus too, as a backup or emergency starter. he made culpeppr look foolish last year.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hes in miami. i like gus too, as a backup or emergency starter. he made culpeppr look foolish last year.

yeah but Gus made Gus look pretty foolish in Miami. i think Moss was kinda bailing him out in Minnesota. he would just chuck it anytime Randy was singled..it worked though, i'll give him that.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We make a Public announcement in the South to sign both Vinny T and D Flutie. Favre catches wind in morse code from the Beavers Tails pounding the dam and realizes how much the Pack needs him back. His retirement becomes farce and he rejoins the team allowing them to prepare for the eventual retirement.

If Favre does indeed retire I like Kitna or Dytmer, someone who'll manage the game while we boost our run game and work on our D.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not your players as much as your coaching and GM. Let's face it, Detroit has had top 10 picks for the last decade and you haven't gotten better. We've been able to stay fairly competitive,until this year, with the last picks.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
If Favre does retire, why do anything but start Rodgers? Is he ready? Probably not, but what is the point of having a one year stop gap before we throw him in there. We didn't draft this guy in the first round without having the intention of him being the starting QB. IMO, if said scenario occurs, Rodgers will essentially be handed the starting job. McCarthy is a QB guy and will coach him from the get-go, in game situations-not from the bench.

It is true that we would need a backup if Nall leaves, although I don't think that should be assumed by any means. If he did though, I would expect us to find a veteran in the free agent market and draft a 3rd QB in round 5-6.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
big3 said:
I can't believe after laughing at the lions all this time you think your two best options are Lions rejects. Jeff Garcia is over the hill. He can't stay healthy and has almost no arm left. He showed that with detroit and with cleveland. Charlie Batch? That guy is a career back up who you only want to see play if your qb is hurt. Batch has no business starting for ANY team in the NFL. Man, as much as you guys ridicule the lions I would have thought you would have watched at least a few of the games.

You can bet that the minute that either one puts on a Packer uniform he will suddenly become the next Johnny Unitas.
Anyone who does not play for the Packers sucks until they become a Packer. All Packer players are great until they leave Green Bay, and then they are washed up or sucked in the first place.

i love the sweeping generalizations. quit being a ***** and give people some credit...*****!

Bears fans are ******! :lol:

Remember to give me a warning to take it to the smack area if I say anything like that Mr. Moderator. :roll:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Remember to give me a warning to take it to the smack area if I say anything like that Mr. Moderator. :roll:

oh Phil...woe is you, like you're not used to being called a ***** in here. i thought that was an affectionate response for your antics.

and thats Mr. Moderator Sir, for next time :wink:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:

oh Phil...woe is you, like you're not used to being called a ***** in here. i thought that was an affectionate response for your antics.

and thats Mr. Moderator Sir, for next time :wink:

I know brother. I am just f**king with you. :p

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait for Patrick Ramsey to be cut then sign him at vets minimum. He is as good as anyone you mentioned. I totally agree with big 3 about Garcia and Batch. Detroit was a team with better receivers and RB then we had and Garcia did nothing.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
It's not your players as much as your coaching and GM. Let's face it, Detroit has had top 10 picks for the last decade and you haven't gotten better. We've been able to stay fairly competitive,until this year, with the last picks.

So what you're saying is for almost the last 5 decades our problem has been the coaches? The best qb we've had since the 50's was scott mitchell. And barry sanders could have made any qb look good. The lions haven't had a decent qb that whole time. I just find it ironic anyone would want our leftovers considering the track record of our past qb's. How may ex lions QB's are good enough to start for other teams? Batch, Detmer, McMahon; the other teams they play for are smart enough to keep them on the bench, I'm sure the Packer's management would be that smart too.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
calicheesehead said:

So what you're saying is for almost the last 5 decades our problem has been the coaches? The best qb we've had since the 50's was scott mitchell. And barry sanders could have made any qb look good. The lions haven't had a decent qb that whole time. I just find it ironic anyone would want our leftovers considering the track record of our past qb's. How may ex lions QB's are good enough to start for other teams? Batch, Detmer, McMahon; the other teams they play for are smart enough to keep them on the bench, I'm sure the Packer's management would be that smart too.

I still say that it is "Dome Team Syndrome"
The Lions have been playing indoors for 30 years now and dome teams are soft and usually crumble when they have to play in the elements.
Look at what happened to the Vikings. They gave up what was probably the best home field advantage in all of sports. No one wanted to play at the Met. Have they gone back to the Super Bowl since going indoors?
The Colts have been soft since leaving Baltimore and you saw how the Atlanta Falcons reacted when they came to Chicago.
On the other hand, look at the turn around the Seahawks have made since leaving the King Dome. Qwest field is one of the toughest places in the league to play for visiting teams.
The Lions could have been a much tougher road team if they were used to playing in all conditions not to mention having a home field advantage of their own.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Detmer actually has some talent though..and intelligence...

He's a guy who can win games...

(and wasn't Majkowski on the Lions too...?)

They were your best QB's...Mitchell was just average...

But the Lions problems go WAY deeper than that....starting with Wayne Fontes and now ending with Matt Millen...

(The Lions..along with the Cardinals..are the red headed step-children of the NFL...)

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether you like him or not, don't you think Aaron Brooks might be a possibility?
I'm not sure what his contract situation is, but the Saints are probably done with him, and could cut him. We know that he has ties with McCarthy, seeing as how his best seasons came under him.

There's no denying that the guy has the tools, I think he's just unsuccessful because he's not very bright.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Why would you want a big dummy behind center???

A dummy's not going to take you to the SB....!!!

Members online

Latest posts