Ice Bowl II?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, the Superbowl last year had snow and ice and that was in Dallas of all places. A lot of people had trouble getting into the city to make it in time for the game. I think some players families got stuck. All I remember seeing on the news is a bunch of people bound for the SB but stuck at the airports because the flights were either canceled or delayed.

They got 28 snow plows this week lol

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Check, Check and Check, we talked about this in another thread and I am getting my clothes together. Boots are my big question. What brand and what kind. LL Bean if so which one? if you guys can give me some links to some examples of what would be a good type of boot would be much obliged.
Sorels are my choice.

But if you aren't going to be using them much it a bit pricey.

http://www.sorel.com/1964-PREMIUM™-T-CVS-|-010-|-7/803298547925,default,pd.html

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Where abouts in scotland were you?
Aviemore, we spent new years in Edinburgh and then decided to head up there. we called and were told there were plenty of rooms but when we arrived we stepped into a blizzard and went hotel to hotel looking for rooms. we were in jeans and jackets but were no way prepared for that. Finally we told them, you have to let us stay here or we are going to die out there. He called the first place we went to and they got us a room. Guess they thought young american GI's were trouble.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aviemore, we spent new years in Edinburgh and then decided to head up there. we called and were told there were plenty of rooms but when we arrived we stepped into a blizzard and went hotel to hotel looking for rooms. we were in jeans and jackets but were no way prepared for that. Finally we told them, you have to let us stay here or we are going to die out there. He called the first place we went to and they got us a room. Guess they thought young american GI's were trouble.

Edinburgh at New years? Ive heard great things about the show they put on there :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Just one correction, the Ice bowl wasn't the NFC Championship, it was the NFL Championship game. But I know what you mean.

You've got to make that correction to be able to maintain that the Vikings actually won a championship despite losing in the Super Bowl, don't you? ;)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You've got to make that correction to be able to maintain that the Vikings actually won a championship despite losing in the Super Bowl, don't you? ;)
Nah, someone else did it for me.

realcalifornacheese said:
It won't every have the same impact becuase it's not the NFL championship game (If there are any Steelers fans reading, a championship is a championship is a championship. Period!.)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
i believe they wud postpone it. ..dey get sofTer wit wut dey allow each year. ..matta fact didnt dey postpone dat eagles game last year due to snow.. ?
You know a deliberate attempt to seem borderline literate isn't funny. It's confusing, but not funny. What's your angle?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Not to dismiss what you have been in, but to sit in a stadium for 3.5 hours in something that cold is brutal, as you said it will hurt...

Eh dont listen to Jim Mark.. you will be fine as soon as you get that Anti-Freeze (Beer/Liquor) in you!!! Nah just kidding but seriously though I would rather watch a game that cold in the comfort of my own home...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Eh dont listen to Jim Mark.. you will be fine as soon as you get that Anti-Freeze (Beer/Liquor) in you!!! Nah just kidding but seriously though I would rather watch a game that cold in the comfort of my own home...
Damn right, I watched the 2007 championship by myself. I don't mind freezing my *** off if I am freezing it off with 60k other Screaming Packfans (which I will). Join us Drewski.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To those thinking alcohol will keep you warm, you are in for a bad surprise.

It thins your blood which in turn makes you colder..The initial warm of the booze helps, it goes away fast..

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Damn right, I watched the 2007 championship by myself. I don't mind freezing my *** off if I am freezing it off with 60k other Screaming Packfans (which I will). Join us Drewski.
First Pro game I ever went to was December 9th, 1979. Buffalo Bill at the Vikings. It was in the old Metropolitan stadium. Temp was 32 degrees with a wind chill of 22. I had a wine flask filled with Seven & Seven.(For those that don't know, that's Seagram's Seven and Seven-up, about a 50-50 mix.) I know it was colder than that up in the cheap seats because I froze my butt off. But it was fun. Wish back then I had a good pair of boots.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Sorel or Columbia. But the key is the foot warmers. They should last through the whole game but you could get an extra pair if you want to replace at half time. I find it strange that folks are wondering how to dress for cold weather. Guess I've lived in Wisconsin too long. :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Sorel or Columbia. But the key is the foot warmers. They should last through the whole game but you could get an extra pair if you want to replace at half time. I find it strange that folks are wondering how to dress for cold weather. Guess I've lived in Wisconsin too long. :)
Layers. Layers of cotton and wool. With something semi water-proof on the outside to block the wind and rain/snow. Mittens not gloves. If you have to wear gloves, silk under wool under leather.

Duvlek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know a deliberate attempt to seem borderline literate isn't funny. It's confusing, but not funny. What's your angle?

no angle. .i been typin like dat on forums and chats for years. .if it ain a paper gettin graded or sumthin work related. . spellin ilz irrelevant to me. ..

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
no angle. .i been typin like dat on forums and chats for years. .if it ain a paper gettin graded or sumthin work related. . spellin ilz irrelevant to me. ..
It may be irrelevant to you but personally, if I have to decipher poor spelling or grammar in a post, the opinion gets lost in the muddle. I no longer care what your thought is. An occasional misspelling or typo I can easily gloss over. If I have to slow down and reread to understand it, I'll skip to the next post and will not even bother to read anything more you ever post.

Duvlek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be irrelevant to you but personally, if I have to decipher poor spelling or grammar in a post, the opinion gets lost in the muddle. I no longer care what your thought is. An occasional misspelling or typo I can easily gloss over. If I have to slow down and reread to understand it, I'll skip to the next post and will not even bother to read anything more you ever post.

datz cool, do wut u do. ..

Members online

Latest posts