I think EVERYONE can agree on One Thing

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the FO doesn't, but it all starts at the top. Way past time for M.Murphy to be gone and instill some hard nose ppl to change the perception of the Pack.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the FO doesn't, but it all starts at the top. Way past time for M.Murphy to be gone and instill some hard nose ppl to change the perception of the Pack.
More and more fans gradually jumping on the anti-Murphy train the past few seasons and for good reason. I reckon he was the main reason for McCarthy and Capers having an extended vacation at Lambeau. Those blunders alone (and those are his main ones) should have been an offense worthy of banishment from Wisconsin

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much what the last posts have covered. Who allows this perception of the Packers which also coincides with 15% of the Salary Cap going to a player who can't deliver in the playoffs...

That's mishandling the cap

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More and more fans gradually jumping on the anti-Murphy train the past few seasons and for good reason. I reckon he was the main reason for McCarthy and Capers having an extended vacation at Lambeau. Those blunders alone (and those are his main ones) should have been an offense worthy of banishment from Wisconsin
Not a lot of us were fans when he decided he wanted a larger hand in football operations/decisions. I believe this 3 headed monster is a factor in a lot of off the field issues going on at 1265. Gute should be the only guy in control of things like Wolf and TT were.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a lot of us were fans when he decided he wanted a larger hand in football operations/decisions. I believe this 3 headed monster is a factor in a lot of off the field issues going on at 1265. Gute should be the only guy in control of things like Wolf and TT were.
I mostly agree. This morning I was thinking the Packers only lost playoff games at Lambeau after Holmgren left. The organization's biggest blunder was not convincing him to stay and take over for Wolf

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with this at all. I certainly have my issues with some of the decisions they have made the past couple years but to call them inept is pretty extreme. The Giants organization is inept. The Jets organization is inept. Washington's organization is inept.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don't agree with this at all. I certainly have my issues with some of the decisions they have made the past couple years but to call them inept is pretty extreme. The Giants organization is inept. The Jets organization is inept. Washington's organization is inept.
But they acted faster at dumping some deadweight than the Packers, still no word of a firing yet

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what I'm really getting at is the mishandling of the cap...

The drafts with Gute, aside from Love, haven't really been all that bad.

I am very happy with:
J'aire Alexander
Rashon Gary
Eric Stokes
AJ Dillon
Z Smith
Adrian Amos
DeVondre Campbell

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mostly agree. This morning I was thinking the Packers only lost playoff games at Lambeau after Holmgren left. The organization's biggest blunder was not convincing him to stay and take over for Wolf
When you look at Mike's record as Seattle's GM I wouldn't say that was a blunder. Making Sherman the HC/GM was one of the organization's bigger blunders.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making Sherman the HC/GM was one of the organization's bigger blunders.
Chicken or the egg lol. Also not entirely fair to compare Seattle to Green Bay because Holmgren had to start fresh. The comradary he had with Favre and the players was something special, and just his presence alone was worth a few wins every year.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
what I'm really getting at is the mishandling of the cap...

The drafts with Gute, aside from Love, haven't really been all that bad.

I am very happy with:
J'aire Alexander
Rashon Gary
Eric Stokes
AJ Dillon
Z Smith
Adrian Amos
DeVondre Campbell
Smith, Amos, Campbell were not Gute draftees.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But at least we can ALL agree that this Packers FO and Management is just TERRIBLE and completely inept. I'm being objective and realistic that both HOF QBs had choke jobs in the playoffs, although they're BOTH probably easily Top 15 QBs of ALL time.
Wrong right out of the gate but thanks for playing.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong right out of the gate but thanks for playing.

I worded this wrong and I admit that. I was more so referring to the TERRIBLE mismanagement of the cap that the FO and management has done. Which is 100% true.

We have QBs taking up 20% of the overall salary cap

How is the Bahktiari extension looking too by the way???

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post was more referring to the mismanagement of the cap by the FO and management.

QBs taking up 20% of the cap and one who can't make a SB run.

The Bahktiari extension is looking worse and worse...

Lowry before this year...

Z, although worth it, was dead weight this season....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two of those critiques are only “valid” because of injury - neither is fair to declare mismanagement.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two of those critiques are only “valid” because of injury - neither is fair to declare mismanagement.

It is mismanagement though.

Do I think Bahktiari is very good and worth a LOT of money? Yes and he has proven that before.

But the FO and management have tied up a VERY SIGNIFICANT amount of the overall cap to 3 aging players.

So you have...
AR with what 15% of the cap
Bahk with around ~10% of the cap
Z with around ~7% of the cap

It's something like that.

So you essentially have around 1/3 of the cap on THREE players.

It's just mismanagement of the cap overall

Reaction score
JMO
For years I always said, (and I don't know the real reason) with Favre and Rodgers,
we wasted their talents and should of won more Super Bowls.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only comparable situation is SF when they had Montana and Young. They won FIVE Super Bowls. The Packers won two in 30 years with HOF qb's. I have said that points to FO incompetence. They kept MM and Capers for too long. Both should've been gone after the 2014 meltdown. After playoff collapses, no team recovers. Just look at the Falcons after they choked in the Super Bowl. FO kept ignoring special teams disasters year after year after year. Other than waiting too long to change coordinators. nobody was held accointable and far too few players in the later rounds were picked for their ability as special teams players. Finally, its not all FO, both Favre and AR turned out to be playoff chokers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post was more referring to the mismanagement of the cap by the FO and management.

QBs taking up 20% of the cap and one who can't make a SB run.

The Bahktiari extension is looking worse and worse...

Lowry before this year...

Z, although worth it, was dead weight this season....
so your disgust has as much to do with the inability of the Packers FO to foresee injuries than anything else.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so your disgust has as much to do with the inability of the Packers FO to foresee injuries than anything else.

So the injuries to Bahk and Z are obvious a "hindsight 20/20" tthing.

But I don't believe you can plan that way as a competent management executive.

Having around 1/3 (or 33%) of the ENTIRE salary cap put into 3 players is incredibly risky. It's higher if you want to count that Jordan Love would most likely never play and that's some % of the cap into QBs too.

So you now you have basically put 1/3 of your "eggs in one basket". It's a lot of risk in foresight.

Are they great players and worth the money? Yes for sure.
Could they ever predict the injuries? Of course not.

But eseentially putting all that Cap Space in 3 players really f***s you over in the scenario where one gets injured (which happened), they underperform, one sits out (this almost happened), etc.

It's just a terrible way to plan the cap and put a good chunk of all your eggs into one basket.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the injuries to Bahk and Z are obvious a "hindsight 20/20" tthing.

But I don't believe you can plan that way as a competent management executive.

Having around 1/3 (or 33%) of the ENTIRE salary cap put into 3 players is incredibly risky. It's higher if you want to count that Jordan Love would most likely never play and that's some % of the cap into QBs too.

So you now you have basically put 1/3 of your "eggs in one basket". It's a lot of risk in foresight.

Are they great players and worth the money? Yes for sure.
Could they ever predict the injuries? Of course not.

But eseentially putting all that Cap Space in 3 players really f***s you over in the scenario where one gets injured (which happened), they underperform, one sits out (this almost happened), etc.

It's just a terrible way to plan the cap and put a good chunk of all your eggs into one basket.

Please research all other 31 rosters out there and report back. I think you will clearly blown away by the breakdowns.

Members online

Latest posts