I smell a payoff...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think it is no coincidence that not long after the ink was dry on his deal and the money was available to him that this magically disappears.. money talks, justice just becomes a gagged little pawn in the corner.

MOSS RESTRAINING ORDER DISSOLVED

One of the rare off-field issues involving a Patriots player disappeared for good on Monday, when a restraining order previously entered against receiver Randy Moss was dropped.

According to various media reports, Rachelle Washington, 35, requested that the order be dissolved and the case dismissed.

The reason for the move is unclear. It's possible that Moss and Washington entered into a financial settlement of her potential battery/negligence claims against him. In his public comments on the matter, Moss suggested that something happened, but characterized it as an accident. Under the law, Moss would be legally responsible for any accidental injury resulting from his own negligence. Absent a settlement of the potential civil claims, Washington could still sue Moss in court for monetary damages.

Coincidentally, Moss signed a three-year, $27 million contract with the Patriots last week.

After the papers were initially filed in January, agent/lawyer Tim DiPiero said that Washington's lawyer had demanded a $500,000 payment prior to filing for the restraining order.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Rich people buy their way out of trouble all the time.

they also make great targets for scam artists..it's a blessing and a curse.

I am with arrow on this one..I have a feeling Moss was a victim here..

However they originally were asking for over 500K...Wonder if they lowered it

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
cheesey said:
Rich people buy their way out of trouble all the time.

they also make great targets for scam artists..it's a blessing and a curse.

I am with arrow on this one..I have a feeling Moss was a victim here..

However they originally were asking for over 500K...Wonder if they lowered it
They lowered it to $50, and a signed Minnes.......Oakla......uh, PATRIOTS jersey!

Members online

Latest posts