1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

I smell a payoff...

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Pack93z, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I think it is no coincidence that not long after the ink was dry on his deal and the money was available to him that this magically disappears.. money talks, justice just becomes a gagged little pawn in the corner.

MOSS RESTRAINING ORDER DISSOLVED

One of the rare off-field issues involving a Patriots player disappeared for good on Monday, when a restraining order previously entered against receiver Randy Moss was dropped.

According to various media reports, Rachelle Washington, 35, requested that the order be dissolved and the case dismissed.

The reason for the move is unclear. It's possible that Moss and Washington entered into a financial settlement of her potential battery/negligence claims against him. In his public comments on the matter, Moss suggested that something happened, but characterized it as an accident. Under the law, Moss would be legally responsible for any accidental injury resulting from his own negligence. Absent a settlement of the potential civil claims, Washington could still sue Moss in court for monetary damages.

Coincidentally, Moss signed a three-year, $27 million contract with the Patriots last week.

After the papers were initially filed in January, agent/lawyer Tim DiPiero said that Washington's lawyer had demanded a $500,000 payment prior to filing for the restraining order.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Rich people buy their way out of trouble all the time.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    they also make great targets for scam artists..it's a blessing and a curse.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    I am with arrow on this one..I have a feeling Moss was a victim here..

However they originally were asking for over 500K...Wonder if they lowered it

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They lowered it to $50, and a signed Minnes.......Oakla......uh, PATRIOTS jersey!