I miss Farve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No he only got a 2 year ban from the NBA because of his gambling problems. On wait, never mind he wanted to go play a sport he was incapable of playing...

Excuse me ? I don`t get your point.

Last edited by a moderator:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ok to miss Favre, as he would make every single game come down to, will he throw a TD or will it be an INT! Every game was fun. However Rodgers is clearly the better choice when it comes to smarts and knowing the final drive will not result in an INT.

Go back and watch every game Rodgers has quarterbacked. He hadn't had a comeback of more than 21 points until this year, his 12 year in the league. He has very few comebacks at all. I'll take Favre on the final drive any day of the week and as many times as possible on Sunday.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take Rodgers above anyone else in the league to successfully manage a game winning final drive. Favre was a fantastic quarterback - but so is Aaron. Be grateful that we have him at Lambeau. And let's hope we aren't 21 points down too often.!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and watch every game Rodgers has quarterbacked. He hadn't had a comeback of more than 21 points until this year, his 12 year in the league. He has very few comebacks at all. I'll take Favre on the final drive any day of the week and as many times as possible on Sunday.
Be careful on the Brett Favre support. My haters.

The Big Fella

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I miss my dog but I just dug a hole out back, buried him and moved on. I suggest we do the same.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I miss my dog but I just dug a hole out back, buried him and moved on. I suggest we do the same.
Would agree. The haters don't and won't. They will come out on this sight in droves after the HOF induction criticizing the comments.

And if Rodgers has another marginal year they bash him. 25 years of 2 HOF QB's doesn't satisfy many on this sight. QB hasn't been the issue with lack of SB appearances. Any franchise fans would would be ecstatic with having 2 QB's that have won MVP's and are both destined for the HOF. Unfortunately not the Packers fan base.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having back-to-back HoF quarterbacks who failed to win multiple championships is the best problem to have in all of sports.

Reaction score
We had some awesome years with Favre
I still wish our run D would'nt have let Davis run wild. All due respect to an aged John Elway, but in SB XXXII, Favre was clearly the best QB on the field and would have had consecutive Title wins if not for our poor Response to Davis' run attack
Favre was one of the most dynamic And durable QBs to ever play the game, but Aaron Rodgers is clearly a more versatile and accurate QB.
It still amazes me that between these 2 awesome QBs, that 55 other players combined were picked before them in the draft!
This just goes to show you that premier talent can slide many picks and even entire draft rounds.
My favorite Favre game was after his dad had died. It was that game that reinstilled in me the power of the human competitive spirit. There was something magical and inspiring about that game and the way his receivers rose to the occasion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

First of all the Packers came back from 20 points down at Detroit to win the game. This feat is pretty rare as it has only bern accomplished a total of 23 times in the NFL since Rodgers became the starter in 2008. A major reason he doesn't have a lot of huge comebacks us the fact that the Packers don't trail by double digits a lot of him with #12 being the quarterback. Therefore I think it's ridiculous to criticize Rodgers for not having more comeback wins.

BTW Favre never had a comeback of more than 14 points during his time with the Packers.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even though I think 4th Qtr comebacks is a ridiculous way to judge how good/bad a QB is (Captain pointed out why above), I would actually tend to agree with you about taking Favre for a final drive. That guy was something else sometimes, and I do miss watching him play. I'll take Rodgers as my QB for a season/career though. Doesn't mean I hate Favre so take it easy all ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Even though I think 4th Qtr comebacks is a ridiculous way to judge how good/bad a QB is (Captain pointed out why above), I would actually tend to agree with you about taking Favre for a final drive.

I'm surprised some Packers fans still feel that way, especially after Rodgers completing not one but two Hail Mary passes last season.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised some Packers fans still feel that way, especially after Rodgers completing not one but two Hail Mary passes last season.

I can't remember when but it was definitely after the super bowl, some idiot, may have been Skip Bayless, was using the 4th qtr comebacks argument against him. Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow (among others) had more than him to that point and that was the argument. I mean it's so asanine to use that, on the other hand it just goes to show how little there is to knock him for.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Come on Captain, you know as well as I do that those were all Jeff Janis ... well except the Richard Rodgers one but Janis probably had something to do with that one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts