1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I miss Farve

Discussion in 'Brett Favre Discussion' started by Brian Demarest, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Brian Demarest

Brian Demarest Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, Rodgers is amazing, but Farve had a name no one could pronounce and didn't give a f%^k. He just kicked ***.

My god, is that even reasonable to have Farve AND Rodgers?

I say, not fair. We should let Putin decide so the biggest bribes win!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gutpunch77

Gutpunch77 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I do not miss that Benedict Arnold and his constant riding the fence every year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,040
    :cautious:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,991
    Some things are better left to memories

• Like Like x 1
  5. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +295
    No, no, no, and absolutely not. Very thankful to Favre for 1992 until about 2002 or so. After that, no.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    If you were a Rams fan wouldn’t you miss an opposing QB who threw 6 INTs to your team in a playoff game?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. RonTom6

RonTom6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's ok to miss Favre, as he would make every single game come down to, will he throw a TD or will it be an INT! Every game was fun. However Rodgers is clearly the better choice when it comes to smarts and knowing the final drive will not result in an INT.

8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    This isn't even kicking s dead horse. It's kicking the person who is kicking the dead horse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. G0P4ckG0

G0P4ckG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +65
    How can someone who claims to miss Favre so much not even be able to properly spell the man's surname? One of my biggest pet peeves in life is seeing Packer fans not be able to correctly spell the name of one of their all-time greats. /rant.

Anyway...yes, I also miss watching Favre play. However, Rodgers is clearly the better player and will likely go down as the best Packers (and NFL) players of all-time once he retires. Call me crazy, but I miss the days when Favre was at the helm and you never knew if he would throw an idiotic interception to end a game, or complete a 60-yard bomb downfield into triple coverage after scrambling like a madman for 10 seconds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Brian was a short stay Rams troll. Do not ever again besmirch the good name of the Packers by referring to that "ilk" as a fan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I agree. My only knock on Rodgers is that he seems to play it to safe and not give his wrs a chance to make a play. That said Rodgers is a better qb overall. I dont think Favre ever had 5 straight 3 and outs in his career, he also never seemed to play it safe when he needed to.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,639
    The Packers current rate of 27.9% of their drives ending in three-and-outs is the team's worst since at least 1997 (there's no data available for earlier years). Oddly enough that number has only come close to that percentage once with Rodgers being the starter with a rate of 25.7% in 2010.

13. BlueRidgePackerFan

BlueRidgePackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Different team make-up. Both great QBs, but the RB and wide-out situations too different to really compare. (to me at least)

14. Gonepackin

Gonepackin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    The criers are out

15. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    One thing I do remember about Favre wether it was an int or a great play. He gave it all out on the field, he would never get down and not get up. Till the clock was 0:00 you knew he was done. One thing about rodgers play is live to play another game mentality. Not saying either are good or bad.

But man was it more exciting seeing Favre give it all out there and knowing that even if you lost he gave it all.

16. Jdeed

Jdeed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    A lot of people all over Football miss Favre

17. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Nobody could cause a fan to feel just about every emotion in the spectrum better than Favre, and that was just in a single game. He was a lot of fun to watch, especially in his prime. He could often be careless because he was fearless. Fear of failure was never his problem. Unfortunately, he failed spectacularly several times and at the most inopportune times, most memorably late in the season. Good ol' Brett.

Rodgers is definitely a different type of player. He never completely throws caution to the wind. Ever. The irony is that there have been occasions when a little less caution may actually have been a good thing. He is definitely more averse to taking chances than Favre ever had been. His modest record of successful late game comebacks may be a fair measure of that.

Once Rodgers retires -- and if I'm fortunate to live that long -- I'll miss them both, just as I still miss Starr.

Man 'O' War, Secretariat, and American Pharoah.

18. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,794
    It didn't take an entire game to get thru all the emotions, he could do it in a single play

19. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Very true. :laugh:

20. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +56
    Favre was the closest thing to Michael Jordan

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Not sure I agree if your talking about play..

General presence and worldwide appeal, I get that

22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,040
    Did Micheal Jordan send pictures of " Little Micheal" too ???

23. SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm conflicted about Favre. He was my hero as a kid and one year my mom and dad took me to training camp, I think in '94, and I was face to face with him. He didn't ride a bike down to the practice field like the other players, he was driven down. And as he walked up I asked if he would sign this ball I was getting autographed by as many players as I could. Favre obviously being the one I wanted the most. He said, "Hey bud I'll catch you after practice". Then after practice when all the players came back out the gate he sneaked out the back where he had an SUV waiting to take him away. I wasn't mad, I was too delusional of a fan to say that he was acting like kind of a dong, but I was disappointed. Not that he wouldn't sign autographs, but the lie. If he'd just said "Can't I'm in a hurry" or something I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I still loved him after that, but then later in his career when he started playing those games about retiring every year, I started to get sick of it. Then some other controversies came out, and his going to the Vikings, by the time he retired I was pretty irritated at the mention of his name. But now it's been a while and I do miss those old days, they were fun. But these recent years have been fun as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Frosty

Frosty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I loved Favre grew up watching him he was awsome for sure. Rodgers is great as well I know this has been a rough year with our O. but Rodgers will pull through for us over the long haul... I miss them insane Favre 65 yard bombs though.

25. Pigskin

Pigskin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Time to move on. However between Berts national commercials and seeing him on local TV here on the gulf coast....