I had This Nightmare

Reaction score
The average team would go to the Super Bowl every 16 years, and win it every 32. Surprisingly, the average team would be in the NFCCG every eight years.
Very good point. Win not participate. Even harder yet! We’d better get our Arses going !

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would happen if we discovered halfway through 2024 season Jordan Love wasn't our QB of the future? :eek:

Didn't some other NFL team, I believe I read it was the Giants, after one great year, they throw
the teams check book at the QB, paid him $$$$$, and found out they were mistaken.

Oh the horror
I have to admit that although Jordan has played well, I am in a wait and see approach. I want to see him do it 2 years in a row. Then I'll be a true believer.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan also put us squarely in position to beat a very good 49ers team. Not only that but Jordan Love dominated Dallas in THEIR house. Dallas hadn’t lost a home game in a year and a half. Not only that but Jordan did it with the youngest Offense by games experience in SB history and did it in embarrassing fashion. Ask Dallas fans if they think Jordan lost games for the Packers and at least they’ve gur the g o ads to tell the truth. Even with a few years on the bench watching? It’s almost inconceivable. To take anything away from Jordan in a first starting season is bordering egregious. He literally tore teams up down the stretch and I mean stunned them. So what he made a bad throw he had 1 season under his belt did you expect perfection and a SB? With a D barely in the top half of the league? Cmon that’s why Bears fans will always be Bears fans.

If Jordan Love was reselected in the 2024 draft he’d go top 3. I’d take a proven QB with heart over a Trevor Lawrence type with “accolades” any day and 2X on Sunday. You’re severely deceiving yourself if you think Love did that by accident. 2023 will not be Jordan’s best season and if that’s what you’re implying you’ll be set for disappointment. Your QB hadn’t even had a snap in the NFL and you’re acting like he’s the next Joe Montana. In this league you’ve got to prove yourself and I’d time it until that happens before talking big time smack. The Packers are a clear favorite in the NFC and it takes more than a first year QB to get it done. In this league it’s takes 53 to get her done and the
The Bears 53 > Packers at talking
The Packers 53 > Bears 53 on the field. You’d have to Win 5 in a row just to turn the tide that’s how bad the Bears have been.
It just proves that having a QB wait in the wings vs playing right a way is the better way to go. I don't remember the last time a rookie QB was an instantaneous success.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just proves that having a QB wait in the wings vs playing right a way is the better way to go. I don't remember the last time a rookie QB was an instantaneous success.
Seriously……hmmmm a rookie QB who had instant success?

Ever hear of C.J. Stroud?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that although Jordan has played well, I am in a wait and see approach. I want to see him do it 2 years in a row. Then I'll be a true believer.
That's a reasonable position, and if everyone is honest, they probably feel the same way.

We're all Packer homers here, well most of us, but that's an emotional-state of being. The rational-state person says "I need to see more elite play from Love, as I saw at the end of last season."

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly.
Someone once said you’re either getting better or getting worse. The thought there was meant to inspire us to move closer to our goals with some direction.
All this post free agency and post draft talk about all these teams getting better is hogwash. Every game has a winner and loser. Every team that has added name free agents and supposedly had an A grade draft is not necessarily be a better team than they fielded last year.
The NFL league wide is a zero sum game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this post free agency and post draft talk about all these teams getting better is hogwash. Every game has a winner and loser. Every team that has added name free agents and supposedly had an A grade draft is not necessarily be a better team than they fielded last year.
Nothing the sports press puts out is as useless as draft grades.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand. Every team could get better this year. There'd still be a hierarchy, but there's no reason to believe that the 32nd team this year couldn't be better than the 32nd team last year, and the same for each one above.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand. Every team could get better this year. There'd still be a hierarchy, but there's no reason to believe that the 32nd team this year couldn't be better than the 32nd team last year, and the same for each one above.
That makes sense. I mean, teams today are better than the teams from the '50s, most people would say. Although the talent is spread out among more teams.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bengals were 4-12 I think the year before they went to the Super Bowl so teams can also flip it incredibly fast along with a helpful schedule.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
30 years ago I recall Detroit doing the last - first - last - first thing. Don't recall exact number of times but the first place thing ended with the dominance of Favre and White.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
30 years ago I recall Detroit doing the last - first - last - first thing. Don't recall exact number of times but the first place thing ended with the dominance of Favre and White.
Yes. A lot of things in the NFC Norris ended with the dominance of #4 and #92

Reaction score
The other thing (and maybe this is what you meant) is that some seasons The league average team is very good.
Meaning our team just might slightly improve but the league did also. Thats something I think varies every few seasons or so.

Conversely, I think you can be a solid team like 2020 Tampa, but if the league is putting our slightly below average teams (it’s on a D+/C- curve) you just might look better than you really are if that makes sense. The league can sometimes make Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana.

This is where I’m at. I’ll feel more comfort once we are 7-8 games in at .500 or better.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other thing (and maybe this is what you meant) is that some seasons The league average team is very good.
Meaning our team just might slightly improve but the league did also. Thats something I think varies every few seasons or so.

Conversely, I think you can be a solid team like 2020 Tampa, but if the league is putting our slightly below average teams (it’s on a D+/C- curve) you just might look better than you really are if that makes sense. The league can sometimes make Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana.

This is where I’m at. I’ll feel more comfort once we are 7-8 games in at .500 or better.
I believe it showed that we have the 4th toughest schedule this season. So we could improve as a team but still have the same 9-8 record.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it showed that we have the 4th toughest schedule this season. So we could improve as a team but still have the same 9-8 record.
It is a tough schedule. But it is also based on past performance. Not very team on the schedule will play as well as last year. On the flip side, it may be even tougher if Chicago makes a big jump, as they should. It's still a good gauge though and it will be a real test for these Packers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
And the odds of 32 out of 32 getting better is probably somewhere between 0 and .0001 percent.
Don't believe the hype.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I just want to see us peaking in December and January. That's when really good things happen.

Members online