Huge *If ...*

D

Deleted member 6794

So ... looks like the Pack is going to the play offs after all ;)

Lets keep it rollin' !

On a more serious note, who's to "blame" for this turn around ?

The Packers still have two games to win before clinching a playoff spot.

The most obvious reasons for the turnaround are the offense mostly adjusting to and sticking with a scheme that works as well as the secondary being healthier.

D

Deleted member 6794

Minnesota Vikings. Without them tanking the last 10 weeks, the Packers would be an afterthought by now. Kind of karmic that we did it for them last season.

The Packers would still be in the running for a wild card spot though.

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
The Packers still have two games to win before clinching a playoff spot.

The most obvious reasons for the turnaround are the offense mostly adjusting to and sticking with a scheme that works as well as the secondary being healthier.

That being said ... seeing as so many were blaming the coaching (Read: McLardy) and McLardy losing the team and not so much the players, should this sudden spark be creditted the coaching finally getting it Right, or "just" the players ?

Just an interesting question ...

D

Deleted member 6794

That being said ... seeing as so many were blaming the coaching (Read: McLardy) and McLardy losing the team and not so much the players, should this sudden spark be creditted the coaching finally getting it Right, or "just" the players ?

Just an interesting question ...

I guess the entire coaching staff as well as the players deserve credit for the Packers turnaround over the last four weeks.

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I guess the entire coaching staff as well as the players deserve credit for the Packers turnaround over the last four weeks.

So when it was going bad, it wasn't the players, but bad coaching ? Now that the ship is back on course its BOTH the players and coaching ???

I hope that is not what you are saying ?

:whistling:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So ... looks like the Pack is going to the play offs after all ;)

Lets keep it rollin' !

On a more serious note, who's to "blame" for this turn around ?
Yes, just who IS to blame??? Surely some one must be held accountable for this winning streak.

D

Deleted member 6794

So when it was going bad, it wasn't the players, but bad coaching ? Now that the ship is back on course its BOTH the players and coaching ???

I hope that is not what you are saying ?

:whistling:

I wasn't one of the posters blaming the losing streak entirely on the coaching staff as I repeatedly mentioned it was a combination of lack of talent, coaching decisions and players not performing up to potential.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question, If Tampa bay and washington lose on sunday. Us and the lions are in the playoffs no matter what? right?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question, If Tampa bay and washington lose on sunday. Us and the lions are in the playoffs no matter what? right?

Pretty sure if Washington loses we're in not matter what. Think we own the SoS tiebreaker with TB

If Detroit takes a loss against both Dallas and GB then they'd need both Tampa and Washington to lose to still get in.

Washington needs to win plus 2 losses by Detroit or for Detroit to beat us in the finale if they beat Dallas. Really if Dallas beats Detroit they're at a "win and they're in" standpoint. If Detroit beats Dallas they need to win and then for Detroit to beat the Packers.

Tampa Bay- Pretty sure they need to win and then for both the Packers and Wasington to lose in week 17. Not 100% on this one. No idea were their tiebreaker with Detroit stands if the Lions drop the next two so I "think" they could get in with a win, back to back loses by Detroit and Washington losing next week as well.

At least to the best of my knowledge this is where every team stands. For me though it's 5 down 1 to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pretty sure if Washington loses we're in not matter what. Think we own the SoS tiebreaker with TB

If Detroit takes a loss against both Dallas and GB then they'd need both Tampa and Washington to lose to still get in.

Tampa Bay- Pretty sure they need to win and then for both the Packers and Wasington to lose in week 17. Not 100% on this one. No idea were their tiebreaker with Detroit stands if the Lions drop the next two so I "think" they could get in with a win, back to back loses by Detroit and Washington losing next week as well.

You're right about the Packers clinching a playoff spot with a Washington loss on Sunday as they own the SOV tie-breaker over Tampa.

The Lions own the tie-breaker over the Bucs based on a better record in common games. Therefore if Detroit loses both of their remaining games they only need Washington to lose to make it to the postseason.

The only scenario Tampa clinches a playoff spot involves a tie between Washington and the Giants.