How's local TV coverage been for your part of the country this year?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it...but I checked the listings and our local Harrisburg (PA) CBS station is airing the game this weekend! That's 2 in a row, since we got the Giants/Packers game on FOX43 last weekend! I don't remember a year with this much coverage ever! Not to mention all the Holiday games.

How's everyone else fairing this year? I sure am glad I didn't get sateilite and the Sunday Ticket this year!

:tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in Minnesota, so as long as the Vikings don't conflict they always show the Packers. It's kind of nice so I'm a bit spoiled. However, with the Super Bowl champs going undefeated the networks are trying to get the Packers out to most of the nation because everyone wants to see someone knock off the Packers. The nation's morbid curiosity works out great for Packer fans!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think this is the best year so far! I've only had to stream 2 and went to the bar once!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good stroke of luck with catching the Packers on Fox and occasionally CBS this year in the Philly area. I've missed a few games because the Eagles or a division rival was on.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in Minnesota, so as long as the Vikings don't conflict they always show the Packers. It's kind of nice so I'm a bit spoiled. However, with the Super Bowl champs going undefeated the networks are trying to get the Packers out to most of the nation because everyone wants to see someone knock off the Packers. The nation's morbid curiosity works out great for Packer fans!

Same here but with the Bears. All of the games have been on here except for one when the Bears were playing the Saints and we were playing (i think) the Panthers.

D

Dan115

When I was in Japan in 96@97 The Packer game was on every week. 12 hour difference with Green Bay. I never missed a game. Station would select which game to broadcast by customer votes. Game being broadcast would be announced each Thur.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
My coverage has been fair, I've had to go to the bar probably 3 or 4 times this season, but that's pretty reasonable since I'm way out of the general popularity scope for the Packers (and in the middle of Tampa Bay territory). I have a feeling the entire country is going to see every game til the end of the season as long as we keep on our undefeated pace. I remember in 2007 when the Patriots went undefeated, every flex game changed to give them the national spotlight. Hopefully we get the same treatment!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Sunday ticket, its been great. So here is what you do. Get 7 friends. you are all going to need to sign up for direct tv, you can get the minimum package or if you already have direct TV you are set and you can just cancel and keep your dish. One of you gets the Supremo everything package, HBO, showtime, Staz ... and SUNDAY TICKET... It costs 5 bucks extra per receiver per room. you can get up to 7 extra receivers. they don't have to install your receivers they will just ship them to you. Your friends pay 40 bucks each and everyone get to watch Every PACKER GAME. and Dexter and other cool shows. Not that I have ever participated in anything like that.:whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it...but I checked the listings and our local Harrisburg (PA) CBS station is airing the game this weekend! That's 2 in a row, since we got the Giants/Packers game on FOX43 last weekend! I don't remember a year with this much coverage ever! Not to mention all the Holiday games.

How's everyone else fairing this year? I sure am glad I didn't get sateilite and the Sunday Ticket this year!

:tup:

It's great isn't it? We're usually stuck with Eagles/Giants/Ravens/Steelers crap.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Wisconsin no problem.
But I just wanted to chime in about other games.

We just found out recently that we get the NFL network so we can now watch Thurs. night games. And so far, there really haven't been any that I've been interested in.
I wish we could get the Bears/Broncos game this weekend. Local Fox is showing the Vikings one instead for some reason.
I would like to see how Timmy Tbag does against Da Bears.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Down here in AL, we have missed 3 games I watched online, the Bears game, the Rams, and the Broncos.

Other than that, we get the Pack more than we do Patriots as far as prime time team slots go after New Orleans. Usually we're stuck watching the Colts or Patriots if Jacksonville, and Atlanta is not playing, but this year it's been mostly the Packers.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in San Diego, we've gotten quite a few games. And, with every week the Chargers play at home a possible blackout (due to low ticket sales) we get the game the majority of the country will be watching when Chargers game is blacked out. Case in point, this week the Chargers vs. Bills game was blacked out locally, so the San Diego T.V. market will now get Packers v. Raiders. :):tup:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Here in San Diego, we've gotten quite a few games. And, with every week the Chargers play at home a possible blackout (due to low ticket sales) we get the game the majority of the country will be watching when Chargers game is blacked out. Case in point, this week the Chargers vs. Bills game was blacked out locally, so the San Diego T.V. market will now get Packers v. Raiders. :):tup:

***** San Diego can't sell tickets, but even with the Bills losing streak, I bet that game would be sold out up in the farm land of New York.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
***** San Diego can't sell tickets, but even with the Bills losing streak, I bet that game would be sold out up in the farm land of New York.

Bogart, it's nuts even when the team plays well they still struggle to sell out. I blame it on two factors: 1. San Diego is a transplant city, people still support their fave team when they move out to S.D. (me, for example:D) 2. Cost of living is so high that Chargers fans can't afford to take the family to the game. It's much cheaper to buy a couple cases of beers and watch the game at home with your boys. (only problem is too many Charger fans have this same sentiment so their game get blacked out and are forced to watch whatever game the networks want to show) Ooops. :x3:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Direct TV so not much of a problem. However, when the game is shown on National TV our Fox affiliate here in DC doesn't switch us out when there's a Deadskin game sometimes.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In Wisconsin no problem.
But I just wanted to chime in about other games.

We just found out recently that we get the NFL network so we can now watch Thurs. night games. And so far, there really haven't been any that I've been interested in.
I wish we could get the Bears/Broncos game this weekend. Local Fox is showing the Vikings one instead for some reason.
I would like to see how Timmy Tbag does against Da Bears.
FOX doesn't have the doubleheader I assume and the Tbags play at the same time as the Packers. That is probably why you get the NFC North losers battle.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The only games I haven't got are Carolina, Tampa, St. Louis and I think San Diego. I had to watch streams on firstrowsports

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts