How many Packer fans knew this?

D

Dan115

No, I’m not going to get into that nonsense about the “G” standing for “greatness,” as was falsely reported during the run-up to Super Bowl XLV. That non-story took on a life of its own. The “G” stands for Green Bay, of course, and there’s never been any thought given to changing it. From Packers.com Apr 3, 2012.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is why you can't trust the internet. Dan 115 is entirely correct. The entire "greatnest" story was born out of a piece during SB week. It's nonsense that it stands for "Greatness". It's "G"reen Bay in the shape of a football.
It stands for Green Bay. Don't let anybody else tell you different.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the G stands for Gina, Vince Lombardi's sweetheart in the 3rd grade. Course he wasn't going to tell his wife that so he made up the silly story that it was for Green bay. How ridiculous?! Who was supposed to believe that nonsense?!?!!!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Yes definitely stands for Green Bay. Dad created that logo in the upstairs of the Union Hotel in DePere. Lombardi ate there just about every Friday night during the football season, as did John Madden when he would come to Green Bay to call the games. I've been going there myself on Friday nights during football season because I've heard that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman eat there when they come to town. Great dining, excellent steaks, and the hotel rooms upstairs have been turned into private dining. Great place filled with rich Packer heritage.

Anyway, back on topic. Doesn't stand for Greatness.........stands for Green Bay.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes definitely stands for Green Bay. Dad created that logo in the upstairs of the Union Hotel in DePere. Lombardi ate there just about every Friday night during the football season, as did John Madden when he would come to Green Bay to call the games. I've been going there myself on Friday nights during football season because I've heard that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman eat there when they come to town. Great dining, excellent steaks, and the hotel rooms upstairs have been turned into private dining. Great place filled with rich Packer heritage.

Anyway, back on topic. Doesn't stand for Greatness.........stands for Green Bay.

Go on a packer fan page on facebook and ask what it stands for and everyone will tell you greatness ... all bc some idiot in nyc made it up to help his career

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Go on a packer fan page on facebook and ask what it stands for and everyone will tell you greatness ... all bc some idiot in nyc made it up to help his career

THANK YOU. It stands for Green Bay. I'll take that to the grave. Lombardi was all about Perfection. "We will relentlessly pursue perfection knowing full we will never achieve it........." Maybe he should have put a P on the helmet.

If stands for Green Bay. End of discussion.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANK YOU. It stands for Green Bay. I'll take that to the grave. Lombardi was all about Perfection. "We will relentlessly pursue perfection knowing full we will never achieve it........." Maybe he should have put a P on the helmet.

If stands for Green Bay. End of discussion.
Yeah, and then the debate would be if it's for Perfection or Packers.
:rolleyes:
I would insist that it stands for Peanuts or Pineapple.
:roflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts