How many more?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bruce said:
longtimefan said:
Mike Reinfeldt is the Vice President of Football Administration in Seattle??

So why would he say that if it was not true..Wouldnt giving false information out get him in trouble with Holmgren??

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=389230

"On the day before the draft, Thompson informed Reinfeldt that he was targeting Alexander at 19 and McIntosh at 22. The Seahawks got whom they wanted."

I read the article when it was written and I know who Mike Reinfeldt is. What did you expect him to say, "Ted Thompson is an idiot?" Mike H is not Mike R's boss and he was responding to questions from a writer putting together a nice fluffy "Ted is the Greatest" article.

Do you seriously believe that Mike Holmgen (a control freak if ever their was one) who was President and GM at the time, simply said, Oh I'll just hand it over to Ted Thompson and go with whatever he says?" If so I have some nice highland in South Florida I would like to sell you along with some Ocean front in Kansas.

Ted Thompson was a member of the team that targeted Alexander (a great pick) and McIntosh (a terrible pick). He deserves props for that and I give it to him for that. He did not become GM of the Packers because he is an idiot. He knows football and has a solid football mind. My fear is he has been promoted beyond his competence to the level of his incompetence in the step to GM. I hope I am wrong, but do not see anything that is instilling great confidence in his performance to date.

I know Mike did not just let Ted do what ever he wanted, he had the final say...

I do not see how it was a "fluff piece" considering that this was in the article. "Thompson drafted a few busts along the way and didn't fare as well in the later round as did Wolf, his mentor in Green Bay." It then goes on to explain some of those busts.

McIntosh got hurt and was forced to retire after 2 seasons..How is that a bust?

I understand your fears with Ted, I just wish people would give the guy a chance and let him have some time...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$3 million is a little bit excessive for Flanny. DePack...there is market value, and then there is market value of a team desperate to fill a position...that is the Texans and the Center spot...glad it is not how the Packers operate.

I would have loved to have Flanny back, but not at $3 mil.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
$3 million is a little bit excessive for Flanny. DePack...there is market value, and then there is market value of a team desperate to fill a position...that is the Texans and the Center spot...glad it is not how the Packers operate.

I would have loved to have Flanny back, but not at $3 mil.

Agreed but how are the Texans more desperate for a center than we are?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their QB has been beaten bloody his entire career..their whole line has been awful. Flanny will give a few more solid years...but a $3 million/year center should, IMHO, provide more than solid play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts