How many more?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lavar doesn't sign with GB, one of the reasons:

The Packers were hoping to lure Arrington to Green Bay with a solid contract offer and from all indications they were in the running until the end. But the uncertainty of not having a decision from Brett Favre on his status for next season might have affected Arrington's decision.

So much for the "Bretts indecision is NOT affecting free agency" arguments.

I wish Brett could take all the time he wanted, as long as it didnt affect the team. The packers. The Green Bay Packers.

The truth is, and it is becoming more clear as every day passes, his indecision IS affecting free agency.

"But TT and MM said it isn't!" Well...it is. It couldn't be more obvious than it is right now.

The questions I have are, how many other possible free agents decided to go elsewhere because of favres indecision, and how many more will do it in the future?

I love favre, regardless of what some tools here will say. He is my favorite QB of all time. He needs to make a decision soon. He is already getting a pass to pretty much decide after the draft. he needs to decide shortly after. He will see where the team is headed then, and will have a good idea of what the 2006 team will be like. He needs to make a decision for the Green Bay Packers.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, Tro didn't you say that Arrington wasn't the right fit? Maybe thats why your boy TT the genuis didn't sign him.

C'mon you never miss an opportunity to put your idol on a pedalstool.

I can GUARANTEE the Giants offered more money than TT did. Was it the right move, I guess we'll see.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

The Packers were hoping to lure Arrington to Green Bay with a solid contract offer and from all indications they were in the running until the end. But the uncertainty of not having a decision from Brett Favre on his status for next season might have affected Arrington's decision.

I wish Brett could take all the time he wanted, as long as it didnt affect the team. The packers. The Green Bay Packers.

The truth is, and it is becoming more clear as every day passes, his indecision IS affecting free agency.

"But TT and MM said it isn't!" Well...it is. It couldn't be more obvious than it is right now.

The questions I have are, how many other possible free agents decided to go elsewhere because of favres indecision, and how many more will do it in the future?

I love favre, regardless of what some tools here will say. He is my favorite QB of all time. He needs to make a decision soon. He is already getting a pass to pretty much decide after the draft. he needs to decide shortly after. He will see where the team is headed then, and will have a good idea of what the 2006 team will be like. He needs to make a decision for the Green Bay Packers.

what i want to know is who the f said this??? did it come right out of lavar arrington's mouth or is it yet another piece of media run amok?!?!?!

this is a bait thread - nothing more!!! :roll: :roll:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well considering how 'excited' arrington was about possibly joining the team, and he mentioned bretts name.

no brett

shocker, no arrington(which im still thankful for btw).

how many others have done the same thing?

I'm not baiting anyone. One of the people youd think im baiting already responded, and i ignored them completely. Ill do the same to the rest.

pack4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats is better wait for a man (Favre) thats represent the Packers for 15 years over a anyone that have no sense of loyalty (going to play for his former team´s rival...like Sharper, Longwell...) Before a business this was a team´s sport...and the loyalty from a player to a team that open "his doors" and their fans that support him should be more important that anything else....thats my opinion. from where i am, when a player go to a team s rival "for money or revenge" neither his former and actual teams support the player (thats happen in a diferent sport...but a teams sport too)....again, just my opinion.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl--

Tom Silverstein of the Journal-Sentinel made the statement today in an article full of nothing more than simple prognostication. Lots of news out on the Web re: Arrington being close to signing with the Giants, but no one's quoting Arrington at all, including Silverstein. His agent made a few statements yesterday, including the fact that the Arrington camp is still talking with the Packers, but he implied nothing remotely similar to Silverstein's remark.

For now, attribute the remark to Silverstein, not Arrington.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I do believe Lavar had stated that he wanted to know if Brett was coming back before making a commiment to the Packers. So not all just speculation

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I do believe Lavar had stated that he wanted to know if Brett was coming back before making a commiment to the Packers. So not all just speculation

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JbShell said:

I think that comment is speculation :p (I've only heard LaVar say he wanted to speak to Brett, haven't heard LaVar answer why though nor have I read it anywhere)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a funny post..

..especially coming from the poster who supposedly only deals in "facts" and "reality"... :roll: :roll: :oops: :stop:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Green Bay Press-Gazette, today Saturday 4/22/06 there was a small article entitled "Arlington close to signing with Gaints "by Rob Demovsky Packer "beat writer for the PG. I could not find it on packersnews.com so I could not copy it and paste it. I will give you some of what the article contained. Quote............. "Thursday he (Arrington) made a second visit to New York, where he took a physical by the Giants team doctors. On Friday, significant progress was made in Arrington's negotiations with the Giants.
Arrington reportly was seeking multi year contract that averages $7 million per season.

When Arrington visited the Packers, He expressed an interest in speaking with quarterback Brett Favre, who has not announced whether he plans to play this season or retire, but it is unclear whether this conversation took place." unquote

My opinion on this topic is, I would think MONEY ,the 7 miilion dollars a year in a multi year contract Arrington was seeking, had very, very much to do with break through in the negotiations with Giants by Arrington , and not Favre decison or lack of it on his retirement

It seems some will go to any lengths to complain about Favre because his decision to retire or not, doesn't fit some posters on Pf , Packer fans or media's time table.

It isn't a problem with Packers General Manager Ted Thompson or Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Packer management has said Brett Favre has all the time he wishes to use to make this very important decision in his Life, to keep playing or retire. Packer management have their plans set for '06 and Brett's indecision to this date has not hurt the team.

The one thing said by Packer head Coach Mike McCarthy that it is very important that Quarterback Brett Favre, if he is coming back to play this year, to attend some minicamp sessions. Minicamp starts May 5th. Coach McCarthy has sent a schedule of Mini camp dates to Brett Favre with the marked dates on it, when he would like Favre to attend ,that is if he intends to play this season. It has been said this is "OK" with Brett Favre, if he is coming back to play this season. He will be at the mini camp sessions, that he is need to be at..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, first of all what CAN TT and MM say? "Yeah, this deal is killing us", or, "this is dumb on our part but were going to wait and see".

I mean once the decision was made by TT not to set a deadline and not force Brett's hand they have really had no choice but to take that position.

To do otherwise would contradict a decision they do have some control of.

I'm not saying it would have been wise or right to set a date and go with it but once they made their bed they have to sleep in it.

There's great debate about this non decision. One way to look at it is what GOOD has come out of not making a decision? For Brett, the team, the Organization?

I see none. Not one thing can I think of where this situation has been positive in any area.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, in addition to carrying the weight of playing QB at a Hall of Fame level and leading his team to the winningest record during the years he has played, Brett now has the responsibilities of being the General Manager too? While we are at it why don't we make him responsible for training and medical care and blame him for losing our rookie WR too?

It is Ted Thompson's job (General Manager's) to plan for free agency. Part of that plan includes selling your club to prospective FA who are on the market. Any success or failure falls squarely upon Ted Thompson's shoulders.

I am getting sick and tired of all of the "poor teddy" crap.

He is armed with the most CAP space in the NFL, the most storied franchise in league history, a great stadium and great fans. This blaming Mike Sherman and now Brett Favre for his failures is far past growing old.

tromadz said:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
So, in addition to carrying the weight of playing QB at a Hall of Fame level and leading his team to the winningest record during the years he has played, Brett now has the responsibilities of being the General Manager too? While we are at it why don't we make him responsible for training and medical care and blame him for losing our rookie WR too?

It is Ted Thompson's job (General Manager's) to plan for free agency. Part of that plan includes selling your club to prospective FA who are on the market. Any success or failure falls squarely upon Ted Thompson's shoulders.

He is armed with the most CAP space in the NFL, the most storied franchise in league history, a great stadium and great fans. This blaming Mike Sherman and now Brett Favre for his failures is far past growing old.

tromadz said:

See Bruce Brett will need to understand that all of this issues are his responsibility too, also he need to be in charge of beer an brathurst vending in Lambeau..

Yes I am also tired of this poor teddy thing...

Sometimes doing the best you can do is not enough YOU MUST DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS, I think that when someone says I did my best but I failed, most of the time they didnt and there are a lot of mistakes that they try to hide..

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Bruce said:

tromadz said:

See Bruce Brett will need to understand that all of this issues are his responsibility too, also he need to be in charge of beer an brathurst vending in Lambeau..

Yes I am also tired of this poor teddy thing...

Sometimes doing the best you can do is not enough YOU MUST DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS, I think that wneh someone says I did my best but I failed must of the time they didnt and there are a lot of mistakes that they try to hide..

What? Beer sales, but no tequilla? :wink:

Hell, maybe he can broadcast the games while playing too!

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the TT worshipers blaming all the lack of moves on Brett!!!!!!!!!

Whatever....Do you think half of these guys care about if Brett comes back or not? Answer no they are concerned about the $$$$$. Don't kid yourself.

TT wants to be the man..well now he's the man and he really hasn't done a whole lot but fire a coach after giving him a raise and new contract.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one knows the real reason, save Mr. Arrington, but lets try to put ourselves in his position:

1. Team on the rise, young rising QB, stay in same division you are familiar with, for good $$$, and D Coord you respect.

2. Team on the decline, aging possibly gone QB, differnt division(smaller city), equal $$$, and rookie D coord(GB).

Which would you choose? GB only if $$$ significantly better in my book(Just MO)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:
No one knows the real reason, save Mr. Arrington, but lets try to put ourselves in his position:

1. Team on the rise, young rising QB, stay in same division you are familiar with, for good $$$, and D Coord you respect.

2. Team on the decline, aging possibly gone QB, differnt division(smaller city), equal $$$, and rookie D coord(GB).

Which would you choose? GB only if $$$ significantly better in my book(Just MO)

I would choose what Lavar chose.....The team that offered him the most money!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts