How long before Rogers joins this group?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If he could beat Starr's championship records I think Rodgers could be number 1. I would place him up at number 8 if he could win another Super Bowl, it'd be more than Manning, and Rodgers has great numbers.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he could beat Starr's championship records I think Rodgers could be number 1. I would place him up at number 8 if he could win another Super Bowl, it'd be more than Manning, and Rodgers has great numbers.

Powa--if he beats Starr's 5 Championships he will undoubtedly be no. 1 of all time. Man, wouldn't that be great!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sky is the limit. It's great to think of this not only as a dream but something that can actually grow to fruition. It's a lofty comparison for now, but certainly one with tremendous possibilities.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
JBlood that would be great, happy times to be a Packers fan. I think Aaron is a great QB, and what a follow up from our previous one. Only one interception in the post season could be thought of as his mistake. Rodgers has the stats to be great, and the one that a lot of people overlook that I hate is last year he had over 50 sacks and still up great throws with a low interception rate. Who else does that?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers? Who is this rogers you speak of? Kenny? jk sorry couldnt resist. Its like when they called Favre's name during the draft.

CHFF favors championships, so lets see him win multiple titles then compare at that point. 2 gets him on the list, 3 gets him in the top 5.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
I wonder if they would still have Favre as the #10, this list is 3 years old.

I think Rodgers has a brilliant future, but he's in his third year as a starter. I'm not ready to proclaim a greatest QB currently in the NFL right now. And that doesn't factor in those who are no longer playing. It's hard to compare different eras of the game, and when it comes down to it, it really is an opinion call.

Aaron is in a better overall situation than Peyton Manning is right now, in that the Packers have a defense. But you can't take anything away from what Manning does on the field. Brady put up great numbers again, but is helped by a running game that neither Rodgers nor Manning had a sniff of this year. Look at what Brees and Rivers can do on the field.

I hope Rodgers has great success in his career, but I'm far from ready to name him, or any of the others, as attaining GOAT status. I'm simply enjoying the great play we're experiencing from a handful of quarterbacks right now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if they would still have Favre as the #10, this list is 3 years old.

I think Rodgers has a brilliant future, but he's in his third year as a starter. I'm not ready to proclaim a greatest QB currently in the NFL right now. And that doesn't factor in those who are no longer playing. It's hard to compare different eras of the game, and when it comes down to it, it really is an opinion call.

Aaron is in a better overall situation than Peyton Manning is right now, in that the Packers have a defense. But you can't take anything away from what Manning does on the field. Brady put up great numbers again, but is helped by a running game that neither Rodgers nor Manning had a sniff of this year. Look at what Brees and Rivers can do on the field.

I hope Rodgers has great success in his career, but I'm far from ready to name him, or any of the others, as attaining GOAT status. I'm simply enjoying the great play we're experiencing from a handful of quarterbacks right now.

Yeah he has to establish himself the best in the league right now before we can talk best all time.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hard to believe Rothlisberger is going for his 3rd. So does he get on the list if he wins?

I heard Rothlisberger called up his doctor in a panic, he said "Doc, can you help me, I got something on my rapestick!" the doctor replied, "Ben, how many times have I told you, that isn't the correct term for that! We call it your dirty water sprayer!"

*joke from the ticket here in Dallas

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe Rothlisberger is going for his 3rd. So does he get on the list if he wins?

I heard Rothlisberger called up his doctor in a panic, he said "Doc, can you help me, I got something on my rapestick!" the doctor replied, "Ben, how many times have I told you, that isn't the correct term for that! We call it your dirty water sprayer!"

*joke from the ticket here in Dallas
Because of that I think it's hard to think of Rapistbooger as being elite.
It seems like that anyway.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Championships lead to greatness. Marino may have been the best pure passer in history, but isn't considered as the greatest QB because of his lack of Championships. Starr is great because of his playoff record, a direct result of his ability to avoid throwing interceptions. No interceptions are much more important to winning than throwing touchdowns.

The Packers have a chance to establish a dynasty, if they play to their abilities.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn Cold Hard Football Facts is my new favorite place on the internet. I agree 100% with that list, specially 1 and 2, Brady ahead of Manning, not having Aikman in there but Staubach. Damn I agree with everything. Maybe not Sam Baugh at 3.

How long till Rodgers joins them? A couple SB and MVP wins and he's there.
But it's too soon. Right now, body of work, Roethlisberger would be ahead of Rodgers.
Of course, that changes Feb. 6th.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn Cold Hard Football Facts is my new favorite place on the internet. I agree 100% with that list, specially 1 and 2, Brady ahead of Manning, not having Aikman in there but Staubach. Damn I agree with everything. Maybe not Sam Baugh at 3.

How long till Rodgers joins them? A couple SB and MVP wins and he's there.
But it's too soon. Right now, body of work, Roethlisberger would be ahead of Rodgers.
Of course, that changes Feb. 6th.

you will like their ranking of all time greatest franchises.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you will like their ranking of all time greatest franchises.
I was going through a Page 2 at ESPN.com, and was reading a guy (don't remember the name, do not care, wasn't Simmons nor Easterbrook) talking about this SB, and the first paragraph was how the "championships" shouldn't be considered because "the Browns have 8 and that's just wrong". Stopped right there.

And they're paying those morons to write on the internet????

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple things to consider:

1) Concussions. Sacks are down dramatically from last year but Rodgers still has two consussions this year. Hopefully he doesn't get any more, and this is probably not a serious concern as I think he'll take less risks running as his career progresses.

2) The NFC North

Chicago - Count on them always having a good defense.

Minnesota - D-coordinator is the head coach and they've been drafting well for awhile now. The secondary could use some help, Pat Williams is retiring, Kevin Williams may follow.. Even so, they should stay tough. The QB situation (lack of a decent starter) may affect how long the D is on the field and how well they fare against Green Bay. (You read 'fare' as 'favre', didn't you?) They'll focus on the run game for the short term and attempt more clock control.

Detroit - Say wha? Defense? I guess it's a wait-and-see but they made some smart moves on the defensive side of the ball last year.

Not that any of this will necessarily affect Rodgers playing like the top QB (I think) he is, but it may affect his numbers somewhat and a highly competitive NFC North will very likely reduce Superbowl appearances.

Members online

Latest posts