How is it ?

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the colts last night with all the weapons Manning has I thought how is it that Indy can have all that talent and remane under the salary cap? I guess it's just a case of how well the organization is run from the top. The colts look like they may break the 72 Dolphine record.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, Packman31. I recall that when they signed Manning to that insane contract, all the "experts" were saying that the Colts would have to gut the team to make the cap. Well, maybe, but they did one hell of a job re-loading. Minny has the same talent...sign lots of FAs but still have money left over. I wonder if these teams are using the same "formula" used by Denver a few years ago.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man watching that game last night sure made me a believer. That #21 Bob Sanders is a true stud on defense this kid can fly and tackle with authority. Sure would like to see him and Nick Collins wearing Green and Gold.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key is having a large number of young players playing very well. The situation could change in the next couple of years, but many of the Colts players are still playing on their rookie contracts. Reggie Wayne for one will get a major pay raise in the off-season.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
The key is having a large number of young players playing very well. The situation could change in the next couple of years, but many of the Colts players are still playing on their rookie contracts. Reggie Wayne for one will get a major pay raise in the off-season.

I agree, especially on defense. I remember reading the last 2 years how some people thought the Colts wouldn't have enough money to spend on defense to ever get Manning to a Super Bowl because they spent so much money on offense. It seems like some of their young, unknowns on defense have raised their level of play.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the money is tied up in the offense. Now that the defense is playing very well it will be hard to keep all of them together for very long.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take away E. James, D. Rhodes,M. Harrison,B. Stokely for the whole season, R. Wayne for half the season and where would the Colts be right now.

The Packers are not in trouble because of salary cap mis-management, they are having problems because of the huge number of injuries.

Even with the revolving o-line, The Pack has only given up 14 sacks on the year.

The defense has a lot of young players, and are playing 100% better than last year. The are just wearing down in the second halves of games because the offense doesn't have the weapons to control the ball, plus there have been too many fumbles from the young guys trying to fill in.

I'm not making excuses here, it is just plain simple fact, you take the rosters at the beginning of the year and compare them and you won't see a whole lot of difference as far as talent.

Both teams were loaded on offense and had young defenses ready to improve.

This season sucks, nobody wanted a season like this, but I don't see this team losing year after year, we just haven't caught any breaks this year and if you think about it, we will have another good draft next year, and a last place schedule to look foward to.

Always trying to find the silver lining I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts