How good is Ryan Grant?

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunn has done more in his career then Jones-Drew. And a lot of what Drew has done is known because it happens on Special Teams. My list doesn't really reflect any stats that come from any position on the field except running back.

Well no ****... I may just be pissy today but why even make this list if youre going with career numbers... and comparing them to a guy that's started like 8 games? Pointless

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladanian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers
Adrian Peterson - Minnesota Vikings
Brian Westbrook - Philadelphia Eagles
Larry Johnson

I'd take those 4 over grant. The other guys..........Hard to say they are any better or worse than Ryan Grant. Warrick Dunn on the list though??? Whats that all about?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Replace Dunn with Marion Barber and I agree.

I'll say it again for those who did not read the thread i posted that in. I'm picking best backs over the course of the career, not the best back over the course of last season, or two.

So your point is to compare guys who have played 8 - 12 years against Grant who has started like 10 games? Is that a fair comparison? Why even start a topic like that??

Larry Johnson isnt even on your list but Adrian Peterson is # 2??

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't comparing Shaun Alexander to Ryan Grant. He was saying that Shaun Alexander belonged in the Top ten. I just compared the stats of the guys at the bottom, and I don't believe Shaun is good enough to warrant being in there, especially what he's done lately in Seattle. The other guys had pretty consistent seasons. That's all. Ryan Grant really needs another full season under his belt. If he continues on the pace he started, then Yeah, he'll be in this top ten by years end most likely, that is if another back doesn't muscle in ahead of him. But that's why I made the comparison of Shaun Vs, Dunn, Addai, and Taylor. Those were the guys that I most felt he needed to compare to. Shaun has had a lot of TDs, but not a lot of yards, so some of those TDs are a result of the team he was on, and his yards going down since the Hutch trade kind of speak to that.

So Ryan Grant or Shaun Alexander? I have a top 10 list and Ryan Grant isn't on there either and neither is Shaun Alexander. Addai and I guess Taylor are sure things over Ryan Grant going into next year but the logic you're using to imply that Warrick Dunn is a better back going into the next year than Ryan Grant would also apply for Shaun Alexander and Ahman Green. I'm just wondering where the consistency is that's all.

I've never been a fan of Ahman Green, he was okay for like one season that I recall, but he has struggled with injuries that sort of thing keeps him from breaking the top ten in my list. He certainly is NOT the greatest back of all time, he is not better then Edgar Bennett when he was here. Ryan hasn't had enough time in the system, and came on late, so I'm not knocking him, I'm just saying he's not the elite back yet. That is not a knock against Grant, you have to Earn respect, and I'm not saying get rid of the guy. I'm not sure where that idea came from.

I think he's one of the best backs in team history but clearly Taylor, Hornung, and Candeo are the best.

He was playing for an Atlanta Franchise that had no o-line and was in shambles after Vick, I doubt anyone really cared last year in Atlanta. One year in an 11 year career pfft.

1 in 11???

672 yards in 2003.

927 in 2002.

447 in his last year in Tampa.

He played in 16 games in 2006 and just over 1,100 yards rushing. Grant nearly had 1000 in 8 games. If you include playoffs, Grant's total surpassed the 1150 mark in 10 games.

Grant has started 8 games in his NFL career not including playoffs. Of course if you use your logic he'd rank well below the guys your listing.

Here is a player for you to do your thing to. Marion Barber III. You taken Warrick Dunn over him?

Marion Barber III hasn't gotten the respect in dallas to be declared a Starter yet. He's a change of pace back, and just wait till they try to start him, and he wears down. He's not half as good as Jones-Drew.

So you would take Warrick Dunn over Marion Barber III? Shaun Alexander over him too??

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LJ has a lot of mileage on him and he's already had a bad injury. Call me a homer if you want, but I'll take Grant.

Members online

Latest posts