How good are we?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7-1 and we're winning close games and we're coming from behind to win. Are we really this good? I know our defense needs some work. We have too many penalties by our defensive backs and we need better play by our linebackers, but this team looks real to me. If we could shut teams down in the fourth quarter, this team could be unbelievable.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think winning close and ugly games with 100+ yards in penalties says more than blowouts.

It shows how the team responds to adversity(hi, refs) and mistakes by young teammates.

I think we're 7-1 and every team that plays us better expect 60 minutes of Hell.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are a TEAM thats the key, theres no egoes and these guys are putting it all on the line, we are for real with..... i dont care what anyone says

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our guys could have folded up the tents when we gave up the lead........but instead, they never quit! They kept going till they came out on top!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem I have is how we beat teams handily stats-wise, but yet still struggle to finish out the games. We give up too many big drives in the second half of games, and letting teams back in the game with those drives, along with big and numerous defensive penalties. We have to play so hard late into the games that I feel we're going to be a worn down team by the end of the season, going into the playoffs. Luckily we've been fairly injury-free, until today. Two guys went down, but it didn't have too much of an effect.

Don't get me wrong...I am NOT complaining about being 7-1, and I am extremely excited about what this team has managed to do, all while pretty much under the radar. I couldn't be more proud to be a Packer fan.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supposedly Williams could have gone back into the game if necessary, being kept out mainly as a precaution. Thats all I've heard.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
hard to say how good we really are

I heard this one the radio a few minutes ago..

Are they just getting by the skin of their teeth or are they REALLY GOOD good?

I think its hard to really say, but one thing we know..

The last few years the games like today, Denver and Washington, the Pack WOULD have lost

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
bozz_2006 said:
Does anyone know the injury status on Williams and Collins?

Collins couldn't bend his leg after the game, and walked using crutches.

He's got a MRI scheduled tomorrow, more should be known after that.

I'm glad Williams seems to be OK. our pass rush was virtually non-existent after he went down. I seem to be one of the few who thinks the Pack should re-sign him, even if it is expensive.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The last few years the games like today, Denver and Washington, the Pack WOULD have lost

That's probably the biggest positive of this season. We somehow are able to finish out games, even after letting the other teams get right back into it. You're right, we would have lost those games during the last few seasons.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

That's probably the biggest positive of this season. We somehow are able to finish out games, even after letting the other teams get right back into it. You're right, we would have lost those games during the last few seasons.

The difference is we don't let our own mental errors beat us. We win in spite of them, much like the (****ing) Patriots did this afternoon.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are still one of those teams vying for third-best in the league. It's between them and the Cowboys right now. The big tests will come against the Lions (did I say that?) and Cowboys later this month. It's going to be exciting. But they still have two more games (against the Vikings and Panthers) before then.

I agree that their ability to close out games is the big difference. They play with confidence late in games, instead of playing scared, which we saw so often in the Sherman era.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The Packers are still one of those teams vying for third-best in the league. It's between them and the Cowboys right now. The big tests will come against the Lions (did I say that?) and Cowboys later this month. It's going to be exciting. But they still have two more games (against the Vikings and Panthers) before then.

I agree that their ability to close out games is the big difference. They play with confidence late in games, instead of playing scared, which we saw so often in the Sherman era.

We had better shore up our defense before the Vikes game because Petersen is a monster.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is gonna be tired after all that today and thier quarterback got killed......we should win that game

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every bit as good as Dallas and the Giants in my opinion. Winning back to back road games against Denver and Kansas City is impressive for any team. Had Dallas or New York accomplish this feet, the national media would be all over them.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even if they were getting by the skin of their teeth...to do it THIS many times means you're good.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

We had better shore up our defense before the Vikes game because Petersen is a monster.

I agree about Peterson. However, we did hold LJ to 53 yards today on the ground.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this proves the old cliche that a young team has to learn how to win. I don't even know if we're playing that much better then last year except instead of finding ways to screw up and lose games now we're finding ways to win them. I don't see why we can't represent the NFC in the SB

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always hear fans of teams on the edge of being good talk about their team being 4-4 or so and how they could be much better. Well we're 7-1, and I think we all agree we could be much better. That says it all for me. 7-1 in the NFL is no joke, and we haven't played close to a complete game yet.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Greg - I sincerely think the reason we finish games well is not coaching, but depth. We have the depth to rotate in and out our DL. Makes a huge difference. Kampman can play the whole game, but we have four DTs playing a game and on the other side, we're rotating KGB and Jenkins (well, not today because Jenkins was taking it easy because of injury, but you know what I mean).

Members online

Latest posts