How Favre defenders feel about Packer fans

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pulled this off of Brett Favre's offical forum (if you visit say hi for me). A pretty telling opinion of how many Favre faithful feel about the Packers and Packer fans.

"That's because Packer fans have no consistency in their opinions. It goes wherever the wind blows because they can't draw intelligent rationale thoughts or conclusions. They lose a couple games in 2008 and fans want to rebuild the entire team, they win a game and their roster is the strongest of all time, Brett Favre rebuilds their entire organization returns them to SB glory and carries them for 17 years and he's the greatest Packer of all time, Ari Fleischer does PR work for a month and suddenly Don Hutson, Reggie White, Bart Starr and several others suddenly had more impact. They are a herd of sheep that can't stick to their guns on anything, and will easily flip back to supporting Brett when the team tells them to, and can just as quickly turn on McCarthy if he loses a group of games. I've lost a lot of respect for Packer fans in recent years because THEY are the ones who flip-flop. Even Steeler fans stuck by Roethlisberger for the most part and he's an established ******. Now that's loyalty and that's consistent fan support!

As for McCarthy, he's still a thug coach, who fires lifetime Lambeau employees on the spot when he thinks they may have said something pro-Brett and his defense punches players in the face during games and nail opponents with full on blind side helmet to helmet hits putting receivers on stretchers. Since when did we become the Oakland Raiders? And the QB does choreographed dances and taunts after every score, and more cocky than Hasselbeck at his worst. We were always the classy team on the field, and the Packers are no longer that team."

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
"Steeler fans stuck by Roethlisberger for the most part and he's an established ******. Now that's loyalty and that's consistent fan support!"

LMAO!!! So we should forever keep BF in our fold because he is also a ****** deviant? My dislike of BF is because of his post Packer actions, not for what he did for the team while he was here. Yes, he was with us for 17 years....17 YEARS. He had a great run but there comes a time when you have to hang it up. (grandpa)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pulled this off of Brett Favre's offical forum (if you visit say hi for me). A pretty telling opinion of how many Favre faithful feel about the Packers and Packer fans.

"That's because Packer fans have no consistency in their opinions. It goes wherever the wind blows because they can't draw intelligent rationale thoughts or conclusions. They lose a couple games in 2008 and fans want to rebuild the entire team, they win a game and their roster is the strongest of all time, Brett Favre rebuilds their entire organization returns them to SB glory and carries them for 17 years and he's the greatest Packer of all time, Ari Fleischer does PR work for a month and suddenly Don Hutson, Reggie White, Bart Starr and several others suddenly had more impact. They are a herd of sheep that can't stick to their guns on anything, and will easily flip back to supporting Brett when the team tells them to, and can just as quickly turn on McCarthy if he loses a group of games. I've lost a lot of respect for Packer fans in recent years because THEY are the ones who flip-flop. Even Steeler fans stuck by Roethlisberger for the most part and he's an established ******. Now that's loyalty and that's consistent fan support!

As for McCarthy, he's still a thug coach, who fires lifetime Lambeau employees on the spot when he thinks they may have said something pro-Brett and his defense punches players in the face during games and nail opponents with full on blind side helmet to helmet hits putting receivers on stretchers. Since when did we become the Oakland Raiders? And the QB does choreographed dances and taunts after every score, and more cocky than Hasselbeck at his worst. We were always the classy team on the field, and the Packers are no longer that team."

I know the poster didn't intend for this to be humorous, but I almost peed my pants reading it. I'm not even going to begin to refute his claims at the moment, I need to stop laughing at it so I can take it seriously.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And I am pretty sure that Ben was never convicted of any ****...So how can this poster say he is a establish ******?

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad.

For most of us, we just watch the Packers and root for them to win. And when they do win, we fully enjoy it.

For some fans, they want to be right. They would rather lose and be right then win and be wrong. They'll second guess the GM, the coach and the QB. And when the GM, coach and QB deliver with wins, they come back with garbage like this post.

It isn't about the coach being a "thug," the QB being "arrogant," the team being "not classy," and the fans being "flip-floppers." It's about you being WRONG, and not being able to enjoy winning as a result. Which is sad.

If the Packers win a few more championships over the next few years, watch for phrases like:

"The Packers lost their soul."
"The Packers became the evil empire."
And finally, people will say
"The NFL slanted the rules to favor the small market teams too much."

The real truth is that some Packers fans aren't rooting for the Packers to win. They are tired of winning. I say, go ahead and find a losing team to root for. You can predict how they'll botch things, and then they'll botch things, and you can be smug about it. And you can look at those of us who stuck with the team, and see how satisfied we are with continued winning, and declare us to be smug. Knock yourself out.

For me, winning is more important than being right. I have always rooted for the Packers and always will, and as a result will fully enjoy every win and every championship.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Brent Farve.. the picture of humility. A humble man who does not seek out the spot light, but instead deflects it to others. A quiet man, a home body if you will that... HAHAHAHAH, man, I kept that up longer then I thought I could.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "writer" of that is just grasping and reaching. Really really reaching at just nothing to justify his/her/it's position for loving BrINT to follow him wherever he goes.
Now that BrINT has finally hung it up, which the OP obviously never expected to happen in it's lifetime, it has no idea on what team to root for and is coming up with any excuse to stay away from the Packers so it doesn't look or feel like a hypocrite for leaving them in the first place.

On a side question: Does McCarthy really have the authority to fire any Lambeau employee?
He's just the head coach, not the boss of everyone who works at Lambeau, right?
That stuff posted about Mac seems like far fetched BS rumors.

I love the part about defenders punching others in the face. LOL
The OP has no idea how hard that would be with a face mask on!
This moron is just making up all sorts of crap to keep itself from being a Packers fan.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Brett was a great quarterback, one of the greatest to ever play the game and one of the most fun to watch and I will miss his playing. However at the end of his carer he showed that the man side of the myth was greatly flawed. Any human being with any kind of heart or an ounce of compassion would not do what Brett did to the fans of Green Bay. You would not come into the house of the people who had loved you and admired you for 17 years and take a :poop: on their lawn and spit in their face. Just because you were pissed off at the landlord.

I am not sure if what Brett did to the Packer faithful is a transgression that can ever truly be forgiven.

The King is dead, Long live the King.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He's probably a disgruntled Vikings fan. Favre is the only positive (if you can call it that) thing to happen to that organization in ages.

PackWonXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for McCarthy, he's still a thug coach, who fires lifetime Lambeau employees on the spot when he thinks they may have said something pro-Brett

Could the author of this post show some documented proof of any lambeau employees being fired by McCarthy for any reason?

his defense punches players in the face during games and nail opponents with full on blind side helmet to helmet hits putting receivers on stretchers.

Again, could we see some video proof of this? Could he please show data that would prove that the Packers are now a dirtier team than they were before McCarthy?

It's easy to spew a bunch of emotionally laced accusations, but if you can't back them up with real proof, i. e. on paper or in video archives, this packer fan won't believe a word of it.

And the QB does choreographed dances and taunts after every score, and more cocky than Hasselbeck at his worst.

How short the memories of some are. Am I the only one who remembers that Favre used to do a 'choke sign' back in the 90's towards opposing players? He didn't do it very long because the NFL started giving 15 yd penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. The NFL doesn't seem to have a problem with the touchdown belt.

Brett Favre rebuilds their entire organization returns them to SB glory...

I'm sorry, he must be mistaking Brett Favre for Bob Harlan. How could any quarterback for any team rebuild an organization? Last I checked, quarterbacks don't make personnel moves. Team Presidents and GM's are responsible for that.

PackWonXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre rebuilds their entire organization returns them to SB glory and carries them for 17 years

One last thing, Brett Favre was the Packers quarterback for 16 years, not 17. He played one year for Atlanta, 16 for the Packers, one for NYJ, and two for the Vikings. This guy needs to get his facts straight. Then again, Favre apologists don't seem to like facts.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't we just let this go? How long will we be kicking this dead horse? He's been gone for three years, we're winning, what does bring up Favre in any context serve??

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I still like Brett but come on,16yrs is a long time and do I like where the pack is right now you betcha,it's been a long time and I still feel s.b.even when Brett went on t.v to retire if he really didn't want to that's what he should have said when they asked are you sure you should have said then,not wait till they put A-rod at the helm then come out and say I want to unretire,as for dirty playing dirty not saying it doesn't happen it does players tend to go over board on any team.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
That logic is like Steeler's logic. Sorry Ivo those people have the plague and I don't want to catch it. ;)

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate this BF drama and everything that surrounds it.
Looking forward to when he is in the HOF remembered as a packer and we can put all of this behind us.

I love Brett and Aaron.
We should be fortunate that we have had both of them consecutively

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Firing an employee---that grounds guy in the tunnel during the week? He said something to MM and Mike didnt like it?

Punching a player in the head--Woodson this year during Saints game? Punched or hit a guy in face?

That is all I can think of that might be true

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the employees of the packers if not directly working with the players were not allowed to speak to Brett. But to save brett the hassle they always hide him in his own changing room.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was a failure in GB by Packer Standards. 14 years and only one SB? Prior to the Favre era, the Packers won 11 in 70+ years. Thats about 1 championship every 7 years. Favre was only 1/2 as successful as the Packer standard. As far as Rodgers? 1 SB in 3 years? Thats 2x the Packer standard! Or 5x better than brett.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Favre was a failure in GB by Packer Standards. 14 years and only one SB? Prior to the Favre era, the Packers won 11 in 70+ years. Thats about 1 championship every 7 years. Favre was only 1/2 as successful as the Packer standard. As far as Rodgers? 1 SB in 3 years? Thats 2x the Packer standard! Or 5x better than brett.

Not to defend the guy or anything, but he's part of the reason we have that nice average. No one knows when we would have won our first championship since 1967 if Ron Wolf had not acquired Brett. May have been more than 30 years, but that's all speculation.

Point is, this poster is pathetic and clearly bitter that his lover's ex-team is the Super Bowl reigning champs, superior to every team in the league, and the franchise he, most likely, kicked to the curb for the fixation of an aging, two-faced quarterback who has incinerated his reputation. We should all feel sorry for these people and their seeming lack of a productive hobby.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Fan is short for "fanatical" and it's not something that is attached to loyalty in any way.
I'm loyal to my dog but not fanatical about him, he pees on stuff sometimes.
I was a fan of Brett Favre but not loyal to him. He peed on an organization and a fanbase that I am both loyal and a fanatic of.
I was loyal through the drugs and interceptions and so on.
If Aaron Rodgers goes and plays for the Bears, Vikings or Lions you can bet tall stacks of cash I'd not be a fanatic of his either. He will have lost any chance at my loyalty too. Funny that so many regard Bart Starr as the greatest Packer of all time. It's easy to be loyal to Bart.
You have to be a little bit, at least a tiny bit, at least a smidge goofy to have loyalty for Brett and claim to be a fan of the Packers organization. So yea, if you are a Brett fan I'm assuming you're not a Packer fan so who gives one giant owl's fart what you think about it all?