How Favre defenders feel about Packer fans

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Not to defend the guy or anything, but he's part of the reason we have that nice average. No one knows when we would have won our first championship since 1967 if Ron Wolf had not acquired Brett. May have been more than 30 years, but that's all speculation.

Point is, this poster is pathetic and clearly bitter that his lover's ex-team is the Super Bowl reigning champs, superior to every team in the league, and the franchise he, most likely, kicked to the curb for the fixation of an aging, two-faced quarterback who has incinerated his reputation. We should all feel sorry for these people and their seeming lack of a productive hobby.
You got it, it's part of the reason right? It's also safe to assume that since Ron Wolf arrived he might have found any number of good QBs who they could transform under Mike Holmgren to be the "other" Brett right?
I mean, did Brett make the team or did Mike Holmgren and Ron Wolf make the team? Nobody will ever know if Ron Wolf could have picked another gem and given him to Mike to make for the powerful team they were in the 90's.
Think back on how many QBs the Packers had in that time that went to other organizations as starters. Mark Brunell was probably the best of them. He never achieved super status but you have to wonder if he had spent his years here would the Packers have made him into another Aaron Rodgers? Matt Hasselbeck is/was only the latest. Given time you can't for one second tell me that all the QBs the Packers had couldn't have become great.
I know, the chicken or the egg first. What irritates me is Brett talks about the "good situation" that Aaron walked into. Shoot Brett, you were a second stringer with Atlanta and the coach didn't give a rat's posterior for you. The Green Bay Packers organization and it's front office and it's coaching staff and the fans MADE you dude. Then you pissed in our coffee and thought of yourself higher and mightier than the entire history of the franchise. Please *****!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to defend the guy or anything, but he's part of the reason we have that nice average. No one knows when we would have won our first championship since 1967 if Ron Wolf had not acquired Brett. May have been more than 30 years, but that's all .. .
My point was just the opposite. As my "from memory" stats show favre brought our average DOWN!

I was a bit lounge in cheek of course, a championship in the 30s is easier than today, but the numbers I cited are about right.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
You got it, it's part of the reason right? It's also safe to assume that since Ron Wolf arrived he might have found any number of good QBs who they could transform under Mike Holmgren to be the "other" Brett right?
I mean, did Brett make the team or did Mike Holmgren and Ron Wolf make the team? Nobody will ever know if Ron Wolf could have picked another gem and given him to Mike to make for the powerful team they were in the 90's.
Think back on how many QBs the Packers had in that time that went to other organizations as starters. Mark Brunell was probably the best of them. He never achieved super status but you have to wonder if he had spent his years here would the Packers have made him into another Aaron Rodgers? Matt Hasselbeck is/was only the latest. Given time you can't for one second tell me that all the QBs the Packers had couldn't have become great.
I know, the chicken or the egg first. What irritates me is Brett talks about the "good situation" that Aaron walked into. Shoot Brett, you were a second stringer with Atlanta and the coach didn't give a rat's posterior for you. The Green Bay Packers organization and it's front office and it's coaching staff and the fans MADE you dude. Then you pissed in our coffee and thought of yourself higher and mightier than the entire history of the franchise. Please *****!

Like I said, it's all speculation, no one will ever know if Brett was really the key to the city, or simply the quarterback that Ron Wolf went after and had Holmgren groom. Obviously the latter is correct regardless, but we can't assume that ANY quarterback would have worked since science has yet to spawn a time machine to test our theories *sigh*

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said, it's all speculation, no one will ever know if Brett was really the key to the city, or simply the quarterback that Ron Wolf went after and had Holmgren groom. Obviously the latter is correct regardless, but we can't assume that ANY quarterback would have worked since science has yet to spawn a time machine to test our theories *sigh*

Well hey starnger

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That is very sad to read...

You can't just root for a team, if you are angry at the player, you're the bad guy.

If it wasn't for Brett, I probably wouldn't have became a Pack fan at such a young age. Even after he left, I still gave him that respect. But when you root for the same team for so many years, and grow a ravid hatred for rivals, how does it not hurt when you see the man that made you love football so much throw everything away and go play for the Vikings?

How would Dallas fans feel if Aikman came back out of retirement to go play for the Eagles or Redskins?

The one argument I often get is "49er fans still rooted for Joe when he played for K.C." and that is because 2 reasons: Number 1, he was playing for the Chiefs and not the Rams, Falcons, or Saints whom were all in the 49ers division. Number 2, the fans were very ******* Steve Young until he won them a Super Bowl.

The Packers fan base openly accepted Rodgers early on, and I believe that is what mattered the most before Favre went to Minnesota. We could have been sighing and constantly saying "It would be better if Favre was still here" when losing 10 games in 2008. 2009 was really bad cause it was constantly thrown in our faces how much of an outstanding season the old man was having with Minnesota. Favre couldn't play forever, and unlike Michael Jordan, he didn't retire inside his prime. It was time to move on. Sure you can argue he had one last awesome season in 2009, but still they can't play forever. That's exactly why the 49ers had to move on from Montana instead of bowing down to the fans, they were thinking about the future, and winning with another quarterback.

It comes down to loyalty and why you love a team. Living down south around many Favre fans, I was shocked when the NFC Championship rolled through the gulf coast and sports bars in Mississippi were not supporting the Saints, but supporting Minnesota (they didn't even bother decorating in Packers gear back in the 1990's, and had always been Saints supporters) seeing that on the news and people down there saying how they didn't want the closest team to where they live (Saints) to win, they wanted Favre get another ring, was VERY SAD. There was even one big sports bar on the Alabama/Mississippi border that took down half their Saints decorations to put Vikings stuff up. I still don't believe anyone can wrap their brain around that why sports bars down in Mississippi were picking one man over a team that they had been supporting for years.

Who ever wrote that statement, and the big time Favre supporters sound like the kind of fans that dominated the 49ers fan base in the early 90's, that were not satisfied with Steve Young until he won them a Super Bowl. It's not that he was MVP in 1992, and brought them to the NFC Championship game twice, it's that he wasn't Joe, and he was never gonna win it and blah blah blah. Those are the fans that would rather you be sighing and wishing for Brett to come back instead of having such a magnificent young gun slinger that replaced him and already won a Super Bowl.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Pulled this off of Brett Favre's offical forum

Wait Brett Favre has an official forum? What do they do all day? Relive his and only superbowl run 16 year ago (where he didn't even win the MVP) and talk about what his **** looks like?

You know I really liked Favre but somewhere along the way probably after Rodgers got drafted, my opinion of him changed. Then in between that and the 15 retirements and crying at press conferences and texting pictures of his **** to people and then the backhanded compliments to Rodgers, I can't stand him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Wait Brett Favre has an official forum? What do they do all day? Relive his and only superbowl run 16 year ago (where he didn't even win the MVP) and talk about what his **** looks like?

You know I really liked Favre but somewhere along the way probably after Rodgers got drafted, my opinion of him changed. Then in between that and the 15 retirements and crying at press conferences and texting pictures of his **** to people and then the backhanded compliments to Rodgers, I can't stand him.

I think you are right.
I have never heard of another player having an official forum. Guess someone loves themselves so much, they just can't help but sit there and grin at all the people on their own forum bragging about the memories.

Since Brett has one, I'm sure the other Me Me Me players will have forums too like T.O.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
this whole Farve crap is getting so out of hand. I respect Favre so much he's part of the reason why I became a Packers fan, but everyone has there time and Brett had his with the Packers he set his legacy and will probably be a hall of famer setting the record for most touchdown passes but now Rodgers stepped up and is proving to be a better quarter back and is setting his own legacy. you can whine about Brett Favre all you want he's not coming back and Aaron is doing a better job then Favre already.
Packers 4 life!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For me it was Brett calling the Lions up out of the blue and telling them everything he knew about the Packers offense. Bushleague.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are right.
I have never heard of another player having an official forum. Guess someone loves themselves so much, they just can't help but sit there and grin at all the people on their own forum bragging about the memories.

Actually I am pretty sure that is not the case..In fact be willing to bet he couldnt care one way or the other..

Was just a place for fans to gather and maybe some sort of traffic boost for his official store?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For me it was Brett calling the Lions up out of the blue and telling them everything he knew about the Packers offense. Bushleague.

Me it was more for the way he wanted Ted to be honest, but wasnt honest with Ted...

Or the way things were being spun in his favor, even though there were actual interviews and quotes that were contradictory from Brett just a week apart

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

No, they just spend their day sending each other cell phone pics and crying over how bad the Packers treated their Master.